Windows 10: Custom Boot Logo Windows 10 UEFI Boot Method? (Non-Legacy)

Discus and support Custom Boot Logo Windows 10 UEFI Boot Method? (Non-Legacy) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there currently any way to configure a custom boot logo for UEFI booting? I can only find methods for Legacy users, but no luck with UEFI. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeeperThanHell, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Custom Boot Logo Windows 10 UEFI Boot Method? (Non-Legacy)

Is there currently any way to configure a custom boot logo for UEFI booting? I can only find methods for Legacy users, but no luck with UEFI.

I'm kind of new to custom boot logos, so if anybody could give me some information as to if it's possible first?

Regards

:)

DeeperThanHell, Mar 4, 2016
  2. JeanPGuy Win User

Windows 10 OS Crashed.

If I boot using the USB in UEFI, Legacy, or UEFI with CSM then it just shows a black screen now but in Legacy it does show the Windows logo before the black screen.

JeanPGuy, Mar 4, 2016
  3. how to stop booting from windows boot manager windows 10

Sorry if I wasn't clear.:

In UEFI the Windows Boot Manager must always be first in Boot Priority because it alone boots Windows.

This is unlike Legacy BIOS where the hard drive is what is set first to boot itself.

So if you wanted to boot a hard drive via the BIOS Boot menu as was recommended in Legacy BIOS to have least complications, you'd need to enable CSM or Legacy BIOS in UEFI Setup, boot the media as a non-UEFI Legacy flash stick or DVD, delete all partitions
    to clear the formatting and then install Legacy to MBR format. This would then make that hard drive bootable via BIOS Boot menu key.

Hope that's clearer.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 4, 2016
  4. Metabolix Win User

Custom Boot Logo Windows 10 UEFI Boot Method? (Non-Legacy)

You can change the boot logo in UEFI mode by modifying the relevant ACPI table (BGRT) with an EFI application before booting. AFAIK, the only application for this is currently my own, HackBGRT. (Open-source and all, so I certainly hope this doesn't count as advertising.) Be sure to tell if you find any other choices.

Metabolix, Jun 15, 2016
  5. hi there
    i am using your hackbgrt 1.4.0 to change my bootlogo i have som troubel understanding it all but it worked in someway what i did was i run your software choise "C"overwritten your splash document and restarted
    what happend is that the original bootlogo is stil there and mine comes after that one
    can you help me in what i am doing wrong thanks in advance
    mitchell

wmr mclaren, Aug 28, 2017
  6. Metabolix Win User
    If you're seeing the new logo, HackBGRT is working as well as it can. So you've done everything right!

Your computer may show the original (manufacturer) logo before loading any software. It's not possible to change that with software. (You would need to flash a modified firmware. Those are not available usually.)

Metabolix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Custom Boot Logo Windows 10 UEFI Boot Method? (Non-Legacy)

1. Custom Boot Logo Windows 10 UEFI Boot Method? (Non-Legacy) - Similar Threads - Custom Boot Logo

2. Missing boot logo UEFI

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing boot logo UEFI: Hi, I want to ask my fresh copy of windows is not showing the boot logo or the DELL logo does not appear after boot with my ubuntu GRUB 2.04 how do I fix this even when winning boot manager, it first does not appear. How do I fix I'm getting scared...
  3. Legacy Boot vs Standard Boot in Windows 10 UEFI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Legacy Boot vs Standard Boot in Windows 10 UEFI: In a device UEFI with two Windows 10 installations one clear the other bitlocker encrypted I noticed a difference in the boot sequence and boot time if the boot is changed from standard to legacy using bcdedit.With standard boot you have the new graphics and the boot sequence...
  4. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  5. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  6. HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot

HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot: I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i shifted to uefi mode my laptop started to boot...
  7. Error Legacy Boot of UEFI Media

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error Legacy Boot of UEFI Media: I need to install windows on my laptop and this screen popped up when I tried to boot it from a USB. I looked up how to fix this error but I don’t know how to safely exit this screen and get back to my desktop. Would greatly appreciate any help! [IMG]...
  8. UEFI versus Legacy Boot

UEFI versus Legacy Boot: I just purchased a refurbished PC that I an very happy with but I would like to know how to have this PC use the Legacy Boot rather than the UEFI. Is this a realistic possibility? I would like to multi-boot Windows 10 Pro with Ubuntu 18.04. It looks as if it is a simple...
  9. Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI

Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI: HI, I have been problem in My Notebook pavilion AB-029TX , So i decided to clean install windows. I downloaded Media Creation and created ISO then using rufus I created bootable USB, Here Something happened I inserted USB then in BIOS menu it wasn't showing us so I changed...
  10. Help with Legacy BIOS Boot setup and Windows 10 reinstall non-UEFI

Help with Legacy BIOS Boot setup and Windows 10 reinstall non-UEFI: I've been having constant problems with my new Sound BlasterX AE-5 soundcard not being consistently recognized at boot. It seems it is extremely similar to the issue that the older Sound Blaster Z cards had several years ago where they were not recognized on many, but not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. custom msi legacy uefi settings screen

2. customized boot UEFI

3. custom uefi boot logo windows 10

4. hackbgrt install anyway