Windows 10: Custom Colors

Discus and support Custom Colors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Add up to 8 Custom Colors in Settings/Personalization/Colors with this Registry Script. [img] Copy the Code and Paste into Notepad and save as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edwin, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Edwin New Member

Custom Colors

Add up to 8 Custom Colors in Settings/Personalization/Colors with this Registry Script.

Custom Colors [​IMG]

Copy the Code and Paste into Notepad and save as Accents.reg file
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\0] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\0\Theme0] "Color"=dword:008cd4e0 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\0\Theme1] "Color"=dword:00996633 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\1] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\1\Theme0] "Color"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\1\Theme1] "Color"=dword:00ffffff [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\2] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\2\Theme0] "Color"=dword:004b3d20 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\2\Theme1] "Color"=dword:00839fa6 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\3] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\3\Theme0] "Color"=dword:002b3148 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents\3\Theme1] "Color"=dword:00a6ac6b[/quote] You'll need to add your own custom colors in BGR hexadecimal format behind each dword:
    Example: This Blue is R-153, G-217, B-234 but you will enter it backwards into a RGB to Hex convertor:

Custom Colors [​IMG]

Custom Colors [​IMG]

Custom Colors [​IMG]

Custom Colors [​IMG]

and apply it for the proper spectrum color to show.

:)

Edwin, Dec 3, 2015
  2. JAD-S Win User

Windows 10 Personalization will not let me change to the custom color

So I wanted to use a custom color and I searched Google, found the discussion with the tutorial for setting the custom color using the registry.

Set a custom RGB color in windows 10 for taskbar and start menu

Firstly, I did not have the custom color box because SpecialColor did not exist in the registry, so that was weird. I had to add it in (and did so exactly as it was shown in the tutorial). I can set the custom color just fine, but unfortunately selecting
    the custom color box instead selects a different color (The standard shade of blue, to be precise). Selecting it again changes the check mark and outline so that the custom color box appears to be selected, but does not change the color and if I go to a different
    setting and go back, blue is still selected. I'm not sure what is causing this, but I did note that the blue it selects is the color of the default Windows theme on Windows 10. Any way to fix this would be appreciated.

JAD-S, Dec 3, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Background colour!

Have you looked at Settings, Personalization, Colors, Custom color?

lacrumb, Dec 3, 2015
  4. SonicBlue Win User

Custom Colors

More good info Edwin.
    Thanks *Smile So will there be a limitation to the amount of entries?
    It's so weird that they introduce this new "Settings" environment in Windows 10 knowing fully that these options are available to the environment but not give use all the options. This palette of colors could be smaller to give more room for more colors. IMO it's like a bunch of kindergardeners created this interface and forgot to add stuff. lol can't wait for windows ver 10.6832044492

SonicBlue, Dec 3, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Apparently the registry will only accept 8 additional entries! *Confused

You have to be careful of the colors you choose or you'll get some pretty 'pukey' looking colors in the immersive UI:

Custom Colors [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 4, 2015
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    I thought I had seen this somewhere else but couldn't remember till last nite. In Winaerotweaker under Custom Accents it allows you choose random colors. Hope this helps.
    *Smile

SonicBlue, Dec 4, 2015
  7. ddinc Win User
    Done but they don't show up in:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Accents

or else

ddinc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Custom Colors

1. Custom Colors - Similar Threads - Custom Colors

2. Windows 11 22H2 Start and Task bar Search Box turned white in custom color mode after last...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 Start and Task bar Search Box turned white in custom color mode after last...: Around February, after an update, the taskbar search box became white in personal color mode Win - Dark, App - Light. After July 11, 2023—KB5028185 OS Build 22621.1992 update, the start menu search bar turned white in personal mode as well. Is it possible to fix it somehow?...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 Start and Task bar Search Box turned white in custom color mode after last...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 Start and Task bar Search Box turned white in custom color mode after last...: Around February, after an update, the taskbar search box became white in personal color mode Win - Dark, App - Light. After July 11, 2023—KB5028185 OS Build 22621.1992 update, the start menu search bar turned white in personal mode as well. Is it possible to fix it somehow?...
  4. Windows Color problem when choosing custom mode. The workaround of choosing either Dark or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Color problem when choosing custom mode. The workaround of choosing either Dark or...: I think these problems have something to do with the contrast color, but I have it disabled yet the problem remains. I tried looking up for solutions but it only helped with the task manager text. This has been annoying me for some time and I would appreciate it if anyone...
  5. Windows Color problem when choosing custom mode. The workaround of choosing either Dark or...

Windows Color problem when choosing custom mode. The workaround of choosing either Dark or...: I think these problems have something to do with the contrast color, but I have it disabled yet the problem remains. I tried looking up for solutions but it only helped with the task manager text. This has been annoying me for some time and I would appreciate it if anyone...
  6. Why can I no longer customize my taskbar color?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I no longer customize my taskbar color?: After the recent Windows 11 Home update 3/17/23, my taskbar color changed without prompting. Now I can't change it back because the option has been greyed out. Changing to Windows dark mode does not fix the issue; the taskbar color is not the same color that I choose.Why have...
  7. Why can I no longer customize my taskbar color?

Why can I no longer customize my taskbar color?: After the recent Windows 11 Home update 3/17/23, my taskbar color changed without prompting. Now I can't change it back because the option has been greyed out. Changing to Windows dark mode does not fix the issue; the taskbar color is not the same color that I choose.Why have...
  8. Continuation of "Custom Color Filters"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Continuation of "Custom Color Filters": A few years ago someone posted the question of custom color filters with no external programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-color-filters/080326b4-46b2-4f71-b88b-8b23939c3330. @vijay A. Verma stated that a third party app would be the only...
  9. Continuation of "Custom Color Filters"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuation of "Custom Color Filters": A few years ago someone posted the question of custom color filters with no external programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-color-filters/080326b4-46b2-4f71-b88b-8b23939c3330. @vijay A. Verma stated that a third party app would be the only...
  10. Continuation of "Custom Color Filters"