Windows 10: Custom cursors reset after reboot

Discus and support Custom cursors reset after reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I applied the old Windows Vista/7 cursors and everytime I reboot it uses the Windows 10 sets even though it's still shows Windows Aero is applied. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RECONBunny, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Custom cursors reset after reboot

I applied the old Windows Vista/7 cursors and everytime I reboot it uses the Windows 10 sets even though it's still shows Windows Aero is applied. Why? Is there a cache or something I need to deal with?

:)

RECONBunny, Feb 16, 2017

2. CUSTOM CURSORS

I want to change to a custom cursor theme. I've found what I want and downloaded it. Now, how do I install it in Windows 10?

ERNIEFRIESE, Feb 16, 2017
  3. GlaskAki Win User
    How do you install custom cursors in Windows 10?

This isn't the answer for this particular question. We know how to download cursors.

We need to know where to drop the .cur files in order to make them usable. I've done this on older versions of windows, but it's been ages and I'm not sure the way I did it even exists on Windows 10.

GlaskAki, Feb 16, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Custom cursors reset after reboot

Probably because of Theme applied, Save the theme with those cursors applied and use it as default.

CountMike, Feb 16, 2017
  5. I had already done that I believe. Regardless I deleted and moved the actual files to the Windows/Cursors folder re-added and saved as a different name. Hopefully this will help.

It's because I didn't have them in Windows/Cursors but rather my Downloads folder. Thanks.

RECONBunny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Custom cursors reset after reboot

1. Custom cursors reset after reboot - Similar Threads - Custom cursors reset

2. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart: Hello, I have a windows 10 gaming pc No it’s not compatible with Windows 11 and I had seen a previous question about this problem but after following the steps on that question I came to a halt with this problem picture there is no check box for turning off the option like...
  3. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart: Hello, I have a windows 10 gaming pc No it’s not compatible with Windows 11 and I had seen a previous question about this problem but after following the steps on that question I came to a halt with this problem picture there is no check box for turning off the option like...
  4. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My custom cursor keeps reseting every time I reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My custom cursor keeps reseting every time I reboot: Does anyone know a fix to this? The cursor is reset until I change any cursor setting, then it comes back to the custom state. However, it's pretty annoying to have to do this every time I restart. submitted by /u/BreaDKatka [link] [comments]...
  6. Custom cursor reseting to defeault after PC restart.

Custom cursor reseting to defeault after PC restart.: So I have my custom cursor but it moves back to normal once I restart my PC, although in settings it says the cursor is selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-cursor-reseting-to-defeault-after-pc/484b801a-5ac6-4906-aff1-8fb550037542
  7. How can I prevent rebooting my machine to reset custom cursor? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I prevent rebooting my machine to reset custom cursor? Windows 10: So I made myself a custom cursor scheme but I find it very annoying to have to select it every time I reboot my machine. I know that I can replace the default files in C:\Windows\Cursors but I'm not sure which cursors do I have to replace to make it work. Can anyone tell me...
  8. Cursor Customization

Cursor Customization: I downloaded a custom cursor pack and have the folder of these in my download folder. Whenever I restart my laptop, however, the cursor resets to the default options. When I open the cursor dialogue box, it still has my custom cursors and selecting ok puts them back on. Is...
  9. custom cursors regularly reset

custom cursors regularly reset: I use my own cursors, but Windows keeps resetting them to default every time I log in. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the login screen or something, but it's getting really annoying. 47060
  10. Custom Cursors

Custom Cursors: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Information Thread related to self-made / custom cursors (mouse pointers). Following @Cliff S hint on moving my cursor thread from EightForums. New cursors may follow. Newer cursor...