Windows 10: Custom image problems

Discus and support Custom image problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a problem with deploying a new windows 10 pro custom image . when the syspreped image is currently deployed and a domain user logs on after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paddy33, Sep 26, 2017.

1. paddy33 Win User

Custom image problems

I have a problem with deploying a new windows 10 pro custom image . when the syspreped image is currently deployed and a domain user logs on after the domain\administrator account the user profile doesn't appear to create properly and the web browser does not open except if you right click run as administrator. Process so far has been:

Fresh install of windows 10 pro and boot into sysprep audit mode using ctrl shift +f3 at oobe

Machine logs in with built in admin account I then install updates and apps and remove all built in apps except store and edge via PowerShell .

Run sysprep with generalize oobe and unattend and shutdown switches the unattend points to an answer file with the copy profile set to true to copy the user profile built under the built in admin account to the default profile which all users who login to the machine receive

From there I take a wim image of the machine using a Windows PE disk and the dism tool when a machine a booted with the new image it successfully runs through the oobe process of setting up a local account that I use to join the machine to the domain. This is where the plot thickens if I log on the machine using a regular domain user account the profile creates as everything should finishing with let’s start , and the web browser opens and runs correctly. If however I login with the domain administrator account i:e domain\administrator and then login with say my own account my profile doesn’t appear to create properly, after the message we’re getting everything ready for you the screen goes black before loading the desktop. When you load the browser it doesn’t work.

However if I delete the domain\administrator user profile from the machine and then login with a regular domain account the machine the users profile creates correctly with a working browser. So in short if the domain\administrator user profile is present on the windows 10 machine no other users who log in seem to get a browser that works properly. I have run sfc/scannow also dism /online cleanup-image /scanhealth and both report no errors.

Has anyone else had similar issues and how did you resolve

Thanks and sorry for the missive

:)

paddy33, Sep 26, 2017

2. custom Refresh Image and create System image

You tell me I can which is good to know but exactly how?

Jon

JonAChristopherson, Sep 26, 2017
  3. custom Refresh Image and create System image

Yes, you can.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2017
Thema:

Custom image problems

1. Custom image problems - Similar Threads - Custom image problems

2. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  3. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  4. Where is the custom lockscreen image saved at?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the custom lockscreen image saved at?: Some years ago I added a picture as my lockscreen image and it synced with my microsoft account.Now I want to copy that image file so that I don't lose it and safely change my lockscreen image.I have looked online for a solution but all of them only talked about the spotlight...
  5. Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?: I want to make a tile for a web link to a site. I can find old instructions to do that natively using the Edge browser. A 2015 CNET article gives instructions for doing this for Firefox. I don't know if the information I found still works. My preference would be to use the...
  6. Custom image as wall paper

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom image as wall paper: How do I get rid of white space of custom image used for wallpaper? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-image-as-wall-paper/38bed43c-458f-48a6-9fec-f1a00fbf9b6c
  7. Customize System Tray Icon Images

Customize System Tray Icon Images: I would like to find out how I can customize the actual images(icons) displayed in the system tray. This is my current system tray --> [img] Icons I want to change include BitDefender, Chrome, and OpenVPN to make them better fit the new Windows 10 icon theme. The...
  8. Custom lockscreen image on creator's update

Custom lockscreen image on creator's update: Hey guys, So I have a GPO set for our workplace, and have been using this since the original RTM build of Windows 10 back in 2015. It worked fine on all versions up until the Creator's Update, when it somehow seems to have stopped working, and I can't figure out how to...
  9. OEM Custom Restore Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    OEM Custom Restore Image: Good Evening, I was wondering if someone could advise me. I am an OEM building computers for my customers and up until now I build the computer install windows configure in Audit Mode sysprep back into OOBE then ship the computer to the customer with windows installation...
  10. Windows 10 Custom Image Problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Custom Image Problem.: We have just created a custom Windows 10 image, sysprep'd and then captured it. However, we are experiencing issues after deploying the image and then joining to the domain. Once joined to the domain and logged in with a domain user account, when you reboot the computer...