Windows 10: Custom Selection box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

Discus and support Custom Selection box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\ColorsHotTrackingColorHilight Was this ability to change removed in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Custom Selection box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\ColorsHotTrackingColorHilight

Was this ability to change removed in an update or is there a different method?

:)

AshleyQuick, Jun 30, 2018

2. How to change Desktop selection box color

Try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type in regedit into the text box and press Enter.

• Follow the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors.

• On the right pane, look for the value of HotTrackingColor.
    Select a color and copy your color numbers

http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm

It is given in three values representing the ratios of red, green and blue that range from 0 to 255.

• Enter values that mix to the color you want to have.

• Repeat the above step for the value of Hilight.

• Restart the computer.

Helder Carvalho Quaresma, Jun 30, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Custom Selection box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

Custom Selection box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

1. Custom Selection box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Custom Selection box

2. Desktop selection box color problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop selection box color problem.: I am using windows 11 and trying to change the color of the selection box but after a few minutes it changes back to default colors.I used this how to.Try the following steps, and check if it helps.Press Windows + R keys.Type in regedit into the text box and press...
  3. Desktop selection box color problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop selection box color problem.: I am using windows 11 and trying to change the color of the selection box but after a few minutes it changes back to default colors.I used this how to.Try the following steps, and check if it helps.Press Windows + R keys.Type in regedit into the text box and press...
  4. Win 10 notepad no longer works?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 notepad no longer works?: Hi folks, I have the latest iteration of Windows 10 64bit. Around a week ago my notepad just stopped working, I click on it and it opens and the first thing I notice is the cursor doesn't move I click into it and the top right corner of the notepad over the buttons goes...
  5. Custom Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Color: If I try to use "Settings > Personalization > Colors > Custom Color", the color dialog opens and then the Settings window closes after a few seconds. I have tried this in high contrast and it does the same thing. Windows 10 1803. 122111
  6. How to change translucent Selection Box Rectangle color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change translucent Selection Box Rectangle color in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The rectangular translucent box that appears when you left click, and drag it around items is called the Selection box. It allows you to drag, and select multiple items on the desktop or any folder. The default color or the box, [...] This post How to change...
  7. Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10: Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors HotTrackingColor Hilight Was this ability to change removed in an update or is there a different method? 113210
  8. customization of font color in drop-down menu boxes

customization of font color in drop-down menu boxes: I use an electronic medical record program that has many drop-down menus that I'm able to "check" by clicking on an empty box. My HP Pavillion desktop Windows 10 program fills in the empty box with a light green checkmark that's very hard to see. I'd prefer a dark black...
  9. Custom Colors

Custom Colors: Add up to 8 Custom Colors in Settings/Personalization/Colors with this Registry Script. [img] Copy the Code and Paste into Notepad and save as Accents.reg file Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  10. wushowhide no longer seems to work.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    wushowhide no longer seems to work.: clean install goes fine. I then used wushowhide to prevent intel hd graphics 4600 from downloading. update downloads anyway 59971

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why are selection boxes so light windows 10