Custom Selection box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

Discus and support Custom Selection box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\ColorsHotTrackingColorHilight Was this ability to change removed in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Jun 30, 2018.

1. AshleyQuick Win User

Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\ColorsHotTrackingColorHilight

Was this ability to change removed in an update or is there a different method?

:)

AshleyQuick, Jun 30, 2018
  2. Helder Carvalho Quaresma Win User

How to change Desktop selection box color

Try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type in regedit into the text box and press Enter.

• Follow the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors.

• On the right pane, look for the value of HotTrackingColor.
    Select a color and copy your color numbers

http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm

It is given in three values representing the ratios of red, green and blue that range from 0 to 255.

• Enter values that mix to the color you want to have.

• Repeat the above step for the value of Hilight.

• Restart the computer.

Helder Carvalho Quaresma, Jun 30, 2018
  3. MomentoMoir Win User
    Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Chicken Patty Win User

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Custom Selection box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Custom Selection box

2. custom fonts to embed in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom fonts to embed in windows 10: Why cant you change the font throughout the windows 10 platform? I'd like to change mine to Iron Maiden font for the entire computer! Anyone know a way around the strict/ lame font settings??...
  3. Why can't I do custom scaling?

Why can't I do custom scaling?: I'm trying to rescale my PC, because where it's currently at is too small. I went into the settings to do this, and as far as scaling goes, I can only select 100%, 125%, 150%, and 175%. I remember there used to be a slider, so I could select values in between. Where did this...
  4. Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom...

Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom...: Using Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 latest update (July 2018) WMP 12 when looking up album info now directs to a different website: musicmatch.ssl-xboxlive.com This is an inferior option compared to the prior site: redir.metaservices.microsoft.com That original...
  5. does microsoft ever call its window customers telling them their windows product key is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    does microsoft ever call its window customers telling them their windows product key is...: // ? ///// https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/does-microsoft-ever-call-its-window-customers/f526e734-c563-45fa-9e20-d5be0987abcc
  6. this is (+1-888--3O5--7333) Microsoft customer support correct number

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    this is (+1-888--3O5--7333) Microsoft customer support correct number: +1-888--3O5--7333 i found this number from on google calming to be Microsoft support number.can i call on this number to get help for my microsoft office ?...
  7. call (+1-888--3O5--7333) Microsoft customer support correct number

call (+1-888--3O5--7333) Microsoft customer support correct number: +1-888--3O5--7333 i found this number from on google calming to be Microsoft support number.can i call on this number to get help for my microsoft office ?...
  8. is (+1-888--3O5--7333) Microsoft customer support correct number

is (+1-888--3O5--7333) Microsoft customer support correct number: +1-888--3O5--7333 i found this number from on google calming to be Microsoft support number.can i call on this number to get help for my microsoft office ?...
  9. can (+1-888--3O5--7333) Microsoft customer support correct number

can (+1-888--3O5--7333) Microsoft customer support correct number: +1-888--3O5--7333 i found this number from on bing calming to be Microsoft support number.can i call on this number to get help for my microsoft office ?...
  10. Can't select custom search engine in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Can't select custom search engine in Chrome: Okay so in Chrome under "manage search engines" there are 2 sections - "default search engines" and 'other search engines'. Under "other search engines" I added a few custom ones like duckduckgo, startpage, etc., but Chrome won't let me select any of them as default. The only...