Windows 10: Custom sounds Regedit not working?

Discus and support Custom sounds Regedit not working? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Been using this forum for months now and i never had the balls to join or post anything due to lack of knowledge about computing etc. Recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kiregshammer, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Custom sounds Regedit not working?

Hi

Been using this forum for months now and i never had the balls to join or post anything due to lack of knowledge about computing etc. Recently I've been messing around with my build and my OS and seeing what i can do with WIN10 and it seems like a lot of the features that i loved as child when i was using WIN7 are missing. I could make my account my own etc. I've come across the guides on how to do this with Regedit and i keep hitting a brick wall. As you can see below I've done these step, I've even un-ticked PWSS option and nothing happens even when i restart. Ive even tried turning off "quick start mode" in power option. What am i doing wrong? Thanks in adv! Oh i been using Crysis 3 theme sound pack due to loving weird ass noises.

Custom sounds Regedit not working? [​IMG]

:)

Kiregshammer, Mar 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 Startup Sound

Yes, it is possible to edit the default logon/logoff sound by enabling it to be shown at the "Sound" tab by going to your regedit, navigating to "Screenshot" and changing the data on the register "ExcludeFromCPL" from '1' to '0'. Then it will
    start showing the option to edit the sound on the sound tab.

Screenshot

Bruno da Rocha, Mar 26, 2016
  3. Vic1248 Win User
    No startup sound in Windows 10

Follow up:

Please note that Windows Startup sound is different from Windows Logon sound.

To show Windows Logon sound in the Sound settings Sounds tab list:

Run "regedit"

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels\WindowsLogon

Change the value of ExcludeFromCPL from 1 to 0

To show Windows Logoff sound in the Sound settings Sounds tab list:

Run "regedit"

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels\WindowsLogoff

Change the value of ExcludeFromCPL from 1 to 0

From the Sound settings Sounds tab list, select the designated or whatever sound for each event.

Vic1248, Mar 26, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Custom sounds Regedit not working?

The only sound that works is the Windows Startup Sound. Any other sound events such as Logon, Logoff, Unlock etc... will not work even though you can modify the registry to make them shown up on the list.

The Windows Startup Sound is actually stored in C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll. That means you'd have to modify this DLL. However, you can download: Startup Sound Changer and change it to your own sound in .wav format.

topgundcp, Mar 26, 2016
  5. Is this program safe and trustworthy? I've had problems already with PUP witch somehow magically installed it self on my pc this week and caused me a lot frustrations. Is there official site for this program?

Kiregshammer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Custom sounds Regedit not working?

1. Custom sounds Regedit not working? - Similar Threads - Custom sounds Regedit

2. Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...: I have done everything correctly like changing the regedit so windows logon and logoff shows in the change system sounds, and the custom sounds are a wav file which is the only file you can use to have custom sounds... But still just uses the default logon sound and no logoff...
  3. Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...: I have done everything correctly like changing the regedit so windows logon and logoff shows in the change system sounds, and the custom sounds are a wav file which is the only file you can use to have custom sounds... But still just uses the default logon sound and no logoff...
  4. Regedit & cmd not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regedit & cmd not working: So I had a problem in which an app wouldn’t work without something from the Microsoft store. So I had watched a video saying to change my exefiles to application. Once I did this I Reseted my computer and now everytime I try to open up an app like chrome it says this “This...
  5. Regedit & cmd not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regedit & cmd not working: So I had a problem in which an app wouldn’t work without something from the Microsoft store. So I had watched a video saying to change my exefiles to application. Once I did this I Reseted my computer and now everytime I try to open up an app like chrome it says this “This...
  6. Custom Notification Sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Notification Sounds not working: I wanted to customize the notification sounds with something more recognizable but it doesn't play the sound. It can be selected and saved normally but pressing the test button or making it play by other means (i.e. removing or plugging in devices) doesn't make it play. The...
  7. Custom sounds not working

Custom sounds not working: I set up some custom sounds for e.g. notifications. Many work but for some the sound does not play. When I go to the settings and test it there, it works. When using it (getting a notification) it doesn't. There is no sound playing. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?...
  8. RegEdit Not Working, FlipFlopWheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    RegEdit Not Working, FlipFlopWheel: I want to reverse the scroll direction on my mouse, and I did the usual in the Registry Editor, and changed FlipFlopWheel to a value of 1. It worked fine. About every week or so, I boot up, and the scroll direction is reversed again. I go back into the editor, and...
  9. Some custom system sounds not working

Some custom system sounds not working: Iv'e recently been trying to make my computer make the same sounds as the PC from Pokemon. I successfully downloaded sound files and used the sound control panel to put which sounds where I prefer. Now when I apply these changes the only system sound that operates is the one...
  10. Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working: I have noticed many people have had problems with not being able to set a custom sound scheme on Windows 10. I have found a solution/workaround to the problem. Be sure to move the audio file(s) into this directory first: "C:\Windows\Media\" And then once they are...