Windows 10: Custom Start menu not displaying correctly

Discus and support Custom Start menu not displaying correctly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have created the below start menu layout to deploy to my freshly imaged Win 10 1703 Enterprise systems through group policy but for some reason not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eputnam, Jun 7, 2017.

1. eputnam Win User

Custom Start menu not displaying correctly

I have created the below start menu layout to deploy to my freshly imaged Win 10 1703 Enterprise systems through group policy but for some reason not all of the icons display correctly. Also to add to this headache if I log into different machines or use a different user account not all of the same icons appear to be missing.
    I hope that someone can assist me with this issue or has experienced the same problem.

I have attached my start layout XML file.

Here is a screenshot of a layout that is working properly under my admin account:

Custom Start menu not displaying correctly [​IMG]

Under another admin account they see the following on the same system that is displaying correctly under my account.

And finally this is a completely different system that is using my admin account.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide me.
    -Eric

:)

eputnam, Jun 7, 2017

2. Custom Start Menu

Hi,

We have windows 10 pro and we have a custom start menu we upgraded from 1703 deployed by group policy. The custom start menu will display when windows starts when connected to our domain but when off domain the custom start menu will disappear and random
    tiles will be shown instead of the start menu

anyone seen this ?

Thanks

Stuart

Stuart Dyer AU, Jun 7, 2017
  3. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Jun 7, 2017
  4. eputnam Win User

Just was informed by my other admin that they are seeing the following on another system:

None of this is making any kind of sense. I could understand if the same icons were missing but when it appears to be random icons. *Banghead

eputnam, Jun 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Custom Start menu not displaying correctly - Similar Threads - Custom Start menu

2. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  3. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  4. Customizing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Start Menu: [ATTACH] When I move or delete items in this folder^ the start menu doesn't change even when I reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/379fa108-dbbf-417e-a444-dfcdf48a0768
  5. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: When I try to edit start menu in Explorer it does let me make changes but my changes are not reflected on the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/0733cd6f-d942-4239-b4af-4d778204fb8e
  6. Customize Start Menu

Customize Start Menu: Greetings, Is it possible to customize the Start menu? Specifically, I want to move "Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader" to a custom folder. I was able to create an Adobe folder: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Normally, I can...
  7. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  8. Customizing the Start Menu

Customizing the Start Menu: Is there a way to customize the Start Menu so I can remove the ABC letters & also place shortcuts into folders? What I mean is this: In 7, after I install a program, I can R-click the Orb & select (If I remember correctly) Properties or Open Windows Explorer. Opening Windows...
  9. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Is there a way to put custom items here instead of a full list of programs in my PC? sort of winows 7 style? https://i.imgur.com/LVdbxwY.png 66926
  10. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Hi, I want like Windows 7, I see the file shortcuts (not folders) at the top of start menu rather than in its alphabet folder. I also want to disable showing alphabets A~Z and just show folders sorted by name. Is that possible without using a 3rd party application?...