Windows 10: Custom start menu tile

Discus and support Custom start menu tile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just installed the latest version of Dropbox (desktop, not app) and realised that they are able to have a nice looking start menu tile. Any ideas on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by krytoned, Aug 6, 2016.

1. krytoned Win User

Custom start menu tile

I just installed the latest version of Dropbox (desktop, not app) and realised that they are able to have a nice looking start menu tile. Any ideas on how to replicate this effect for my other start menu shortcuts?

Custom start menu tile [​IMG]

For instance, the Dropbox icon doesn't look too small, and the tile has a blue blackground colour that is different from my Windows accent colour.

:)

krytoned, Aug 6, 2016

2. Changing the name of a Tile on the Start page?

You can create Custom Tiles.

How to create custom Start menu Tiles in Windows 10 using TileCreator

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-custo...

How to Add, Remove, and Customize Tiles on the Windows 10 Start Menu

https://www.howtogeek.com/223254/how-to-add-rem...

And

"Edit Name & Icon of Start Menu Tiles

Don’t like the name of a given tile in your Start Menu? Right-click the tile, select Open file location, then rename the respective file in Windows Explorer. While you’re at it, you can also change the icon used for the tile. In Windows Explorer, right click
    the file, select Properties, in the Shortcut tab click Change Icon…, and select a given icon or Browse… for an alternative one on your computer."

Is a quote from:

6 Way to Hack & Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-ways-hack-custo...

Hope those help.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 6, 2016
  3. cchip98 Win User
    Unable to removed pinned item from start menu

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro (August 7th 2015) and have been creating tiles for the start menu. When I first opened the start menu I removed all of the default live tiles so I could make my own custom tiles, I successfully
    created custom tiles linked to a custom library.

However, I have now decided I wish to remove this tile and am unable to do so, when I select unpin from start menu the item does not remove whatsoever. When I created the tile I did so in the following manner:

1. Created a shortcut to the library on my desktop

2. Right clicked, and selected 'Pin to Start'

3. Opened the start menu and it was there

This single tile is causing great trouble for me as I am unable to fully customise my start menu, especially as it is in the way of other tiles I wish to create.

cchip98, Aug 6, 2016
  4. mart44 Win User
Thema:

Custom start menu tile

1. Custom start menu tile - Similar Threads - Custom start menu

2. Need HELP, Custom Start menu Tiles with TileIconifier

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need HELP, Custom Start menu Tiles with TileIconifier: [ATTACH] Hi guys, i start using a program called "TileIconifier" to customize my start menu tiles and it's working PERFECT. Only thing i can't figure out is how to use a custom icon for the folders with the program "TileIconifier" or is it some how possible ? Example:...
  3. Start menu tiles customization.

Start menu tiles customization.: I'm using a dark grey theme, all but one tile in my start menu has the same grey background but one is lighter than the rest for no reason. I fail to find the option to individually change tile colors. Example Thanks for replies. submitted by /u/Darth_Jupiter [link]...
  4. Start Menu Tiles...

Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  5. Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  6. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. Start menu tile customization

Start menu tile customization: Hi Guys, Okay so I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I first installed Windows 10 the Start Menu had categories like "Life at a glance" and so on. However, I removed all of the tiles because at that time I felt like I didn't need them. Now, I would...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326