Windows 10: Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.

Discus and support Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Following clean install I set the 'Icons' text to size 11 and bold. This was fine all day yesterday and through a few shutdowns and restarts. Today and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mooly, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Mooly Win User

Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.

Following clean install I set the 'Icons' text to size 11 and bold. This was fine all day yesterday and through a few shutdowns and restarts. Today and those settings have reverted to default, but not only that, the options to change them back again are greyed out as can be seen in the screen shot. Following a shutdown/reboot after first noticing this, and the options are available again but are as before set to the default '9' size text.

I also set the mouse pointer to large black and that to has reverted to default today.

:)

Mooly, Jun 14, 2015

2. Custom display settings reverting back to default after start up

Hello Jermine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 14, 2015
  3. Custom display settings reverting back to default after start up

How can I save my color calibration settings for my laptop? Even after clicking Finish after my custom calibration, it will return back to default the next time I start my laptop. My laptop is a MSI GE60 running on Windows 10. Is it a laptop screen issue
    or software?

JermineSaw, Jun 14, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Yeah, something weird going on there!
    Try setting the % back to 100 if applicable and see what happens to greyed out options.

~

Edwin, Jun 14, 2015
  5. Mooly Win User
    Thanks Edwin. It seems what you suggest does have an effect. If I set it 150% the options become greyed out, set them back to 100 or 125% and the option returns.

Still a mystery why the setting changed on its own though, and the mouse pointer reverting.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default. - Similar Threads - Custom Text Settings

2. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor settings constantly reverting to default: Hi there. First-time poster. I just got a new laptop for work Dell Precision 5560 that is connected to two monitors Dell P2419H via two display port cables to a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. NVIDIA T1200.Under the display settings, I am able to add both screens to my set-up...
  3. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor settings constantly reverting to default: Hi there. First-time poster. I just got a new laptop for work Dell Precision 5560 that is connected to two monitors Dell P2419H via two display port cables to a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. NVIDIA T1200.Under the display settings, I am able to add both screens to my set-up...
  4. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 custom theme reverts back to default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 custom theme reverts back to default: I have a custom theme installed for windows and every time the pc goes to sleep, it reverts the to default. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/EELEYEE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i06zyj/windows_10_custom_theme_reverts_back_to_default/
  6. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  7. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Support
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  8. Custom font sizes revert to default at login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom font sizes revert to default at login: When I change the individual-element font sizes (in Control Panel> Display), they look fine for that session, but go right back to the default the next time I log in. How can that be prevented? I upgrade 2 machines to Win10 and thought I configured them identically but this...
  9. Change Only Text Size settings revert to default at each login

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Only Text Size settings revert to default at each login: Hello. I know how to use 'Change Only the Text Size' (in the Control Panel's Display applet) to make certain elements larger and/or bolder, and this works fine on one of my 2 PCs. But on the other, the setting lasts only for the current session. At each reboot they're all...
  10. sound settings revert to defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    sound settings revert to defaults: I've set the audio settings and saved them SEVERAL times. I know how to do it correctly. Windows 10 will not save my settings. They revert to the defaults. When I select any of my saved schemes, every sound is the default. AARRGGHH!! *Mad 29207