Windows 10: Custom theme sounds test OK but do not play when actual event occurs

Discus and support Custom theme sounds test OK but do not play when actual event occurs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I placed the custom .wav files in the media folder and pointed to them for the events I wanted the sounds to be used for. They all test OK and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xwray, Oct 20, 2016.

1. xwray Win User

Custom theme sounds test OK but do not play when actual event occurs

I placed the custom .wav files in the media folder and pointed to them for the events I wanted the sounds to be used for. They all test OK and I have in fact applied the sounds. Problem is they do not play when the actual event; ie, Windows Logon occurs.
    Everything looks like it should be working but no sounds are heard.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening...I'd appreciate any help.

:)

xwray, Oct 20, 2016

2. [HTC Vogue winmo 6.1]No vibrate or sound alert for a Text/Email

AccessMoney.Net wrote:

I can assign a custom alert sound to text messages. However the only sound that will play when I actually receive a text message is the default "dink sound"; It
    overrides any changes that I make in the sounds & notifications /
    Event & Alert assignment field. The custom sound plays in the assignment field test mode, but when I actually receive a text message, I get the barely audible "dink sound"

Wow! I'm blown away that the Hard Reset did not fix it and unfortunately I do not have that device to test it out. I'll try to visit a local cell store and see if I can figure it out.

After you set the sound and play it when you select it. If you were to soft reset the devie and then go back to the Event&Alert assignment page, is the new sound you selected still there?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 20, 2016
  3. No_You Win User
    Unable to test sounds in sound scheme settings

Hello

I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and i can customize just about everything, however i cannot customize the sounds. I went to change the sound schemes and chose a .wav, but when i clicked "test", nothing happened. so i went to the default theme, clicked
    "test", still doesn't play. I went to browse and i found that the sounds in the windows default, are the ones from windows 8 before, but the notification it plays now, whenever i disconnect or connect a usb,a different sound plays instead of the one select
    in the default scheme.

What is going on?

No_You, Oct 20, 2016
  4. HantsDave Win User

I have a similar problem trying to get 'New e-mail Notification' to work but the 'test' button in 'sounds' in Control Panel 'sounds' does not work. When using the PC, sounds occur as they should for certain events but not the e-mail notification. On my Laptop everything works perfectly using the same wav file for e-mail alerts. Is there a registry entry to get the test sounds to work and e-mail alerts to work on my PC?

HantsDave, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Custom theme sounds test OK but do not play when actual event occurs - Similar Threads - Custom theme sounds

2. failed to play test sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    failed to play test sound: about a day ago my pc just stopped sending audio through all of my connected audio devices, i checked the device manager and windows services and all my drivers and services seem to be working fine, but whenever i open my sound control panel and try to play the test sound i...
  3. Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes: I can't find a way to delete a custom theme. I replace the background with a picture and 10 min. later the theme photos return. Even when I choose another theme it only lasts 10 minutes before reverting back. HDI delete this persistent theme?...
  4. How do I add custom sound events when opening a specific program?

How do I add custom sound events when opening a specific program?: I'm following this guide Windows custom sound events - Super User for Brave Browser but I'm not understanding the playsound part of it. Can somebody please tell me if this guide will work and how to add a playsound (and where) for Brave.exe browser? I might be doing it wrong...
  5. Add custom sound event when opening specific program

Add custom sound event when opening specific program: I'm following this guide https://superuser.com/questions/678019/windows-custom-sound-events for Brave Browser but I'm not understanding the playsound part of it. Can somebody please tell me if this guide will work and how to add a playsound and where for Brave.exe browser? I...
  6. No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present

No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present: Hi, I'm trying to create a theme for my PC, however on the Settings page the "Save theme" button is not present. Instead, there is a "Use a custom theme" button which, when pressed, seems to swap me in and out of one of the High Contrast themes. Is there any way I can get...
  7. Theme customization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theme customization: I tried to customize windows in terms of background and text. In order to do that, I had to select high contrast setting and then do whatever I want. It did worked pretty fine, BUT, Excel's background turned black on its own and I have a huge lists with differently colored...
  8. Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.: I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows due to a new hard drive. One of the ongoing problems I've had since then is sound not playing on certain videos. This is Windows 10 on a desktop computer, and I'm using the built-in sound from the motherboard. (I also have an nVidia...
  9. Custom Themes

Custom Themes: So,I just uninstalled a theme,now,i cant open settings,doesn't show me nothing.And when I try to open personalize it shows me this: ______________________________________________________________________ |_ms-settings:personalization-background_____________________|✖️| |...
  10. Customizing Themes

Customizing Themes: I would like to add corporate information e.g. company vision, mission, objectives etc onto some of the nice images that come with Windows 7/10 so that while the computer is ideal I can use it to communication good and useful company information. Is this allowable by MS?...