Windows 10: Custom Tiles yet?

Discus and support Custom Tiles yet? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings! Does anyone know of a way to customize the Tiles of Windows 10 like how it's currently possible when using OblyTile in Windows 8.1?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Durahl, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Durahl Win User

Custom Tiles yet?

Greetings!

Does anyone know of a way to customize the Tiles of Windows 10 like how it's currently possible when using OblyTile in Windows 8.1?

While I'm really liking the concept of Tiles I, in general, do not like how they look like as everything end up a huge mess of different colors and styles - IF they even bother adding an image to it - so I kept doing my own but that's not of much use if I can't keep using them in Windows 10 :|

So yeah... Anyone got a solution or maybe a recommendation for different program that would allow this?

Thanks in Advance =)

:)

Durahl, Jul 8, 2015

2. customize tiles

Hello fellow Windows fanatics! I just recently purchased the Lumia 830 and I have three rows of tiles, but they are quite small and I prefer two like on the Lumia 1020. There is no option under settings>start screen. Please help

NikkiCherrington, Jul 8, 2015
  3. T.S.Q. Win User
    customize tiles

Go to Settings, Start+Theme. Go all the way to the bottom and you will see the outline of half a phone. Above it, there is an option for "Show more tiles". Turn off the option. It the option is not there, I think it has something to do with the screen
    size. Or, it may be the default setting and cannot be changed. I am not so sure about this, because I have a Nokia Lumia 925 and I don't know what it's like on a 830

T.S.Q., Jul 8, 2015
  4. nt62 Win User

Custom Tiles yet?

Nothing available. The designer of Oblytile said that's it ! Will not be designed for Windows 10 !

As much as 10 is a great OS, you can't do this in Windows 10.

8.0 / build 9200 start screen

Custom Tiles yet? [​IMG]

nt62, Jul 8, 2015
  5. From posts on another forum it sounds like its not 100% dead yet... we shall see. MS should have a built in tile maker.. kind of silly that you can't do this... no different then the ability to create shortcuts right?

MortTheBeast, Jul 31, 2015
  6. vairish Win User
    It's definitely possible. That Steam Tiles app is able to make live tiles with custom images, albeit only for Steam games, but still it shows that custom tiles can be made. It would be great if the author of that app would expand it for general applications.

vairish, Jul 31, 2015
  7. The worst thing is that even Microsoft products (Skype, Office etc) have really bad looking tiles.

Remian8985, Jul 31, 2015
  8. kerimka Win User

Custom Tiles yet?

kerimka, Aug 5, 2015
  9. gorey Win User
    Why is it two programs? And why would i keep the non-store one running all the time?

No thanks.

I'll keep waiting.

gorey, Aug 5, 2015
  10. kerimka Win User
    Because the desktop app handles the tile clicks, so it should be running when you click a custom tile.

kerimka, Aug 5, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks.. but for now no thanks.. I'll wait for others to use it and report back before I even conciser using it.

BunnyJ, Aug 5, 2015
  12. Looks good, but will wait till there is a non store version available and one that doesn't need a window running minimized all the time.

MortTheBeast, Aug 5, 2015
  13. vairish Win User

Custom Tiles yet?

Gave it a shot there.

It's got some nice options and it's very user friendly, but there are two issues that are stopping me buying it though.

1. I don't like that it needs a program running constantly for it to work. I understand that in Windows 10 a separate desktop component is required to link a tile to an executable, but other similar programs don't require a constant running companion application, they just open and close when a tile is clicked.

2. Having the settings button on the top left of the application. Once I have my tiles setup I like to drag the application to the bottom right of my screen behind the taskbar so I no longer see it pop up when I click a tile. Because of this button I can't drag the program from it's corner so I can't hide it fully.

Except for these issues this is probably the best custom tile program available for Windows 10 right now. They are deal breakers for me though *Sad

vairish, Aug 5, 2015
  14. You can try using WinTileR as an alternative. It is easy and simple.

martirio3000, Aug 22, 2015
  15. petcon45 Win User
    I think I will wait also. All I want to do is be able to select individual tile background colours e.g. all my system tiles in one colour, all my program tiles in another colour and so on. At the moment one has to except the colour they are which looks (to me anyway) a real mess of colours.

petcon45, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

Custom Tiles yet?

1. Custom Tiles yet? - Similar Threads - Custom Tiles yet

2. Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?: I want to make a tile for a web link to a site. I can find old instructions to do that natively using the Edge browser. A 2015 CNET article gives instructions for doing this for Firefox. I don't know if the information I found still works. My preference would be to use the...
  3. Customizing Action center tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Customizing Action center tiles: Is there any way to customize the action center tiles? Any third-party software to add custom tiles? I really like the action center but the tiles are very limited in number and I'm willing to add more tiles like microphone switch and so on. If anything exists that can help...
  4. Custom UWP app Tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom UWP app Tiles?: Hey all, I recently got super interested in having a customized Start menu with consistent icons, and found an app on the Microsoft Store (EdgeTile Creators), that allows you to create custom icons for .exe's on your computer. That said, there's no way to do this with UWP...
  5. Personalizing/Customization of Windows Tiles

Personalizing/Customization of Windows Tiles: Hello Team, I'm having long standing question on customizing Windows tiles that appear on Start menu as tiles occupies entire window, I'm finding for an answer on online which some how related, but I haven't got the answers exactly as how I expect. I'm glad that I ended up...
  6. Creating Custom Tiles?

Creating Custom Tiles?: I can't seem to locate a program that will allow me to make a custom sized tile with a custom image that will allow me to link a program to the tile. The program I know of called WinTileR is no longer available and I now don't have any idea of what to do. 126604
  7. Create custom tiles

Create custom tiles: How can I create custom tiles? Can it be done within Win 10, or does it require third party software? Links? Thanks, Bill 42854
  8. Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.

Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.: I didn't find a post about this, only about the number and layout of the tiles so I'm sharing what I found. [img] Source: Win10Tile: Create Custom Start Menu Tiles In Windows 10 Pretty easy, you go find some box art or other art you like for your game/app and save...
  9. Custom start menu tile

Custom start menu tile: I just installed the latest version of Dropbox (desktop, not app) and realised that they are able to have a nice looking start menu tile. Any ideas on how to replicate this effect for my other start menu shortcuts? [img] For instance, the Dropbox icon doesn't look too...
  10. Start menu tile customization

Start menu tile customization: Hi Guys, Okay so I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I first installed Windows 10 the Start Menu had categories like "Life at a glance" and so on. However, I removed all of the tiles because at that time I felt like I didn't need them. Now, I would...