Windows 10: Customising News - all instructions talk of an Edit icon - where is it and what does it...

Discus and support Customising News - all instructions talk of an Edit icon - where is it and what does it... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Customising News - all instructions talk of an Edit icon - where is it? If it is an icon, what does it look like. Could this be blocked by my employer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark Spencer1, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Customising News - all instructions talk of an Edit icon - where is it and what does it...

Customising News - all instructions talk of an Edit icon - where is it? If it is an icon, what does it look like. Could this be blocked by my employer - ie. is there a chance it has been removed by my corporate admin? I want to block Sky news and never see their news items. I'd do the same for any other biased news services.On other Windows systems I have done the same and it comes back so want to make sure it sticks.

:)

Mark Spencer1, Dec 4, 2023

2. Customising Folder Icons

I would like to add more icons to the existing list of icons for customising folders.

How to do it?

Murali Mani M, Dec 4, 2023
  3. YanAndrew Win User
    Customising the Different Image Files on Windows 10

Hello Guys,

I am trying to customise the various image files (bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, png, svg, tif and tiff) on Windows 10 and noticed the following:

1. the bmp, gif, png, jpeg, jpg and svg files are all programmed to use the same icon. Changing the icon for one will result in the other image files using the same new icon; and
    2. the tif and tiff files cannot be changed.

The way I do it is I use File Type Manager to locate the default icons key for each file in the registry and change the icon from there (this is because File Type Manager hangs whenever I try to change an icon using it).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could go about:

1. customising the different image files to use different icons for each one; and
    2. changing the tif and tiff image file icons?

Much appreciate any guidance / advice.

Thank you,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Dec 4, 2023
  4. alijcam Win User

Customising News - all instructions talk of an Edit icon - where is it and what does it...

Start Menu Customisation

I like having a decent list of most used apps on the start launch list in W7. I would change to [not] 'large icons' in the start customisation options, then set the start menu size to (say) 20 apps.
    Shaun posed a great solution to restoring the 9879-type 'resizable' start menu on 9926 (thanks!), but tinkering with the registry entries that controlled the icon sizes in W7 doesn't seem to work in W10TP.
    However, there is clearly some mechanism that configures the 'all programs' list to use small icons
    Anyone have any suggestions to change the main start list to small(er) icons?

I suppose what i'm wanting is the W7 desktop back - and that's probably not far from the truth; for a desktop user, the W7 Aero presentation was smart, nice to look at, and more productive because it had better delineation between content and functional zones that the Playschool (is this to become the new name for it?) UI doesn't seem to have (for me).

Retain the options to allow the users the options to configure the UI presentation the way they are happiest with, and perhaps then do the analytics to see what everyone chooses?

alijcam, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

Customising News - all instructions talk of an Edit icon - where is it and what does it...

1. Customising News - all instructions talk of an Edit icon - where is it and what does it... - Similar Threads - Customising News instructions

2. Customising News - all instructions talk of an Edit icon - where is it and what does it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customising News - all instructions talk of an Edit icon - where is it and what does it...: Customising News - all instructions talk of an Edit icon - where is it? If it is an icon, what does it look like. Could this be blocked by my employer - ie. is there a chance it has been removed by my corporate admin? I want to block Sky news and never see their news items....
  3. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar: The auto-detect location for the Weather card is inaccurate and I just want to set my location manually.But when I change the setting, nothing has changed. Auto-detect is still turned on.Furthermore, hiding cards like Finance or Sport is impossible, none of my changes take...
  4. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar: The auto-detect location for the Weather card is inaccurate and I just want to set my location manually.But when I change the setting, nothing has changed. Auto-detect is still turned on.Furthermore, hiding cards like Finance or Sport is impossible, none of my changes take...
  5. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

in Cortana
  6. What does Web Platform Customisations mean?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What does Web Platform Customisations mean?: After a windows update and my computer restarts then I login, I see a window appear saying that Web Platform Customisations are happening? What does this mean? What is installed on my computer regarding it, and how do I access it?...
  7. Customise News Source

Customise News Source: I would like to chose the news source on my Microsoft Edge browser. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customise-news-source/f3d5b5bf-f4a7-43d7-8689-77c61fd4faa1
  8. Customising Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customising Folder Icons: I would like to add more icons to the existing list of icons for customising folders. How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customising-folder-icons/e092c859-c167-468f-9254-68183b0a65d8"
  9. Where are the instructions for working with Paint?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the instructions for working with Paint?: Is there a user manual? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-instructions-for-working-with-paint/a429b685-f09f-464e-b9b2-912fb039e8f4"
  10. Customise size of Quick Launch icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise size of Quick Launch icons: I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly. [img] If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they...