Windows 10: customization of font color in drop-down menu boxes

Discus and support customization of font color in drop-down menu boxes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use an electronic medical record program that has many drop-down menus that I'm able to "check" by clicking on an empty box. My HP Pavillion desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by guyburstein, May 19, 2016.

1. customization of font color in drop-down menu boxes

I use an electronic medical record program that has many drop-down menus that I'm able to "check" by clicking on an empty box. My HP Pavillion desktop Windows 10 program fills in the empty box with a light green checkmark that's very hard to see. I'd prefer a dark black checkmark but can't seem to find the personalization/customization control that changes that.

Any help?

:)

guyburstein, May 19, 2016
  2. WayneRupp Win User

Windows Fonts

Hello Rajyana,

Font size is adjusted in Settings of the start menu. Settings> System> Display> in Scale and Layout choose 175% for the largest fonts recommended. For larger size than this, choose custom scaling, though this is not recommended.

Intensity of color in fonts is more difficult. In settings, choose Personalization> Colors > scroll down to high contrast settings and choose among the four options.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Wayne

WayneRupp, May 19, 2016
  3. Black Plastic Theme

the font is called tabitha. you can dl the ttf file from any website woth fonts for free. i will try to attach it to this post, but not sure the site will allow me.

hen drop the ttf file to the folder

/usr/share/fonts

open the theme customizer again and you should see the fvont there now.

as for the shortcuts/bookmarks, if you look at my screen shots, they have no borders at all or any type set. just the ppix icon now to take less space.

if you want the original settings, just inoinstall the theme customizer and it will restore. if it is just the fonts you are worried about, there is a drop down menu on the top right. choose default.

ceroberts75, May 19, 2016
Thema:

customization of font color in drop-down menu boxes

1. customization of font color in drop-down menu boxes - Similar Threads - customization font color

2. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  3. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  4. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  5. drop down boxes not clickable

drop down boxes not clickable: I recently upgraded to windows 11 and now when I right click something the window that drops down is not clickable. And when I went to restart the computer I could click on the power icon but the options that came up where not clickable either. So now I cannot shut down or...
  6. drop down boxes not clickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drop down boxes not clickable: I recently upgraded to windows 11 and now when I right click something the window that drops down is not clickable. And when I went to restart the computer I could click on the power icon but the options that came up where not clickable either. So now I cannot shut down or...
  7. Drop down menu / Autoscroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu / Autoscroll: Recently I noticed that when I right click, instead of a drop down menu, the auto scroll function activates. At first I thought this was a word issue but then I noticed that it occurred anywhere where I could use the scrolling function. For example when in a word document, or...
  8. THE DROP DOWN BOX

in Windows 10 Customization
    THE DROP DOWN BOX: Hi The drop down box to change from 24 to 12 hour does not work,it only gives one choice. Please can you help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-drop-down-box/4a1087a6-d9e8-49fb-be03-2995968a95f8
  9. Dropdown Box Font Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dropdown Box Font Color: Since the last cumulative update, December 7th, 2018, I've had a problem with the font in the dropdown box displaying white on a white background. This happens when changing the color scheme in personalization. [personalization>colors>choose your default app mode>dark] When...
  10. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...