Windows 10: Customize appearance of Windows 10

Discus and support Customize appearance of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello community! I would like to know if there is any software or page that allows you to perzonalize the appearance of Windows beyond what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Molokon, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Molokon Win User

Customize appearance of Windows 10

Hello community!

I would like to know if there is any software or page that allows you to perzonalize the appearance of Windows beyond what is allowed by default.

Thanks!

:)

Molokon, Apr 27, 2017

2. Appearance and Customization

I can't speak for anyone else other than myself. Perhaps they're busy: I understand some humungous number of users across the world have recently installed Windows 10. And then beyond that troubleshooting blind over the internet is a delicate and weird
    art: sometimes it's hard for me to even guess at where to start based upon somebody's text description in areas that I'd know backwards and forwards in person or under a debugger. I respect that people are trying their best and hope that at the least we can
    all level up together. Consider that perhaps they're contacting XXX in department YYY who when they end up having time may need to talk to ZZZ to figure out possibilities as regards issue QQQ but perhaps they need to involve JJJ and so forth......... Troubleshooting
    is hard and cryptic work. I'm a developer and know my areas pretty well so try to send mail to support staff when I think helpful to help inform them about how to troubleshoot/solve issues in my areas. I do respect that some of them may need to build up
    expertise in all sorts of new areas. We all start somewhere. Customize appearance of Windows 10 :)

zachd [MSFT], Apr 27, 2017
  3. Appearance and Customization

I suspect Vanessa was confused: most of that extended theming interface is not currently present.

zachd [MSFT], Apr 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, it's worth you browsing some of the threads here to see what some people have done e.g. with high contrast themes. E.g. Edwin, Cliff S post many examples.
    One thread:
    Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Programs like those from Stardock offer well-known ways.
    SMACC by Superfly on this forum goes a considerable way to give you ways of changing colour in areas of Windows that Win 7 used to allow.
    Qttabbar by Quizo lets you colour explorer, control panel backgrounds.
    Aeroglass 8.1+ (not yet compatible with the Creator's build) offers transparent borders.
    The Tutorial section offers the Aerolite theme, and a tutorial on applying colour to titlebars.

Here's an example of what I've done using a few relatively simple, quite easily reproducible and relatively robust means (i.e. no great issue with an upgrade or in-place upgrade repair install or sfc /scannow), and doesn't need a raft of manual changes:

Customize appearance of Windows 10 [​IMG]

Customize appearance of Windows 10 [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 27, 2017
  5. Molokon Win User
    That's great, thanks for the help. *Biggrin

Molokon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Customize appearance of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Customize appearance

2. How to stop the yellow "custom office templates" from appearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the yellow "custom office templates" from appearing?: How do I stop the yellow "custom office templates" folders from appearing in my File Explorer's "Documents" page on Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-the-yellow-custom-office-templates/858fc04e-1ac9-4bbe-a5e8-3828271fd7c2
  3. How to stop the yellow "custom office templates" from appearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop the yellow "custom office templates" from appearing?: How do I stop the yellow "custom office templates" folders from appearing in my File Explorer's "Documents" page on Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-the-yellow-custom-office-templates/858fc04e-1ac9-4bbe-a5e8-3828271fd7c2
  4. Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder: Good day.How can I make the SEARCH folder look like "table", show the "path" column instead of "location", and disable grouping by default? Tips for setting up regular folders don't help. With each new request, the SEARCH folder is reset to its default view that is...
  5. Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder: Good day.How can I make the SEARCH folder look like "table", show the "path" column instead of "location", and disable grouping by default? Tips for setting up regular folders don't help. With each new request, the SEARCH folder is reset to its default view that is...
  6. Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder

7. Game launches, audio plays and custom ingame cursor appears, but screen is otherwise black...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game launches, audio plays and custom ingame cursor appears, but screen is otherwise black...: I recently got a new computer with a built-in Windows 11. It's brand new, everything is up to date. However, I'm experiencing a situation where some games would not run properly. The game window opens, it plays the game sounds, and I can see the custom game cursor, but there...
  8. Game launches, audio plays and custom ingame cursor appears, but screen is otherwise black...

Game launches, audio plays and custom ingame cursor appears, but screen is otherwise black...: I recently got a new computer with a built-in Windows 11. It's brand new, everything is up to date. However, I'm experiencing a situation where some games would not run properly. The game window opens, it plays the game sounds, and I can see the custom game cursor, but there...
  9. Customizing Microsoft Edge bar appearance on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customizing Microsoft Edge bar appearance on Windows 11: SummaryI reinstalled Windows 11 on my machine. Last time, I installed Windows 11, I got a more beautiful looking Edge Bar at the top of my desktop. This was done automatically without any manually turning on feature. But, when I re-installed Windows 11 on the machine again...
  10. Customizing Microsoft Edge bar appearance on Windows 11

Customizing Microsoft Edge bar appearance on Windows 11: SummaryI reinstalled Windows 11 on my machine. Last time, I installed Windows 11, I got a more beautiful looking Edge Bar at the top of my desktop. This was done automatically without any manually turning on feature. But, when I re-installed Windows 11 on the machine again...