Windows 10: Customize "Choose which folders appear on start" ?

Discus and support Customize "Choose which folders appear on start" ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In settings > personalization > start > Choose which folders appear on start Can we add custom folders to this ? There are some folders which I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raiz, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Raiz Win User

Customize "Choose which folders appear on start" ?

In settings > personalization > start > Choose which folders appear on start

Can we add custom folders to this ? There are some folders which I use very frequently which aren't any of the standard folders (downloads, documents etc)

:)

Raiz, Sep 3, 2015
  2. Sharief K Win User

Choose which folders appear on start Via Group Policy or Registry?

Hi,

I suggest you to post your query in the TechNet forums for better assistance on this issue.

Technet forums - Windows 10 General

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Nate1994 Win User
    Choose which folders appear on start Via Group Policy or Registry?

I would like to choose which folders appear on start via group policy, I have been unable to find anything relating to these settings in group policy or in the registry.

Is there something I'm missing in group policy?

If not I can export keys to a reg file to apply them that way. I just need to know where these settings are stored in the registry.

Could anyone help me?

PS: Please don't direct me to the settings app, that won't help me apply settings to a bulk lot of users.

Nate1994, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 3, 2015
  5. Raiz Win User
    Nice! This works too. Thanks a lot, that was really quick

Raiz, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad that'll work for you. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Customize "Choose which folders appear on start" ? - Similar Threads - Customize Choose folders

2. Which is the user appearing when starting computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Which is the user appearing when starting computer: Hello community,I am having trouble with my computer, users, and the domains. I am talking about the computer I use at work; I got it some time ago and I don't really know the settings that were added back then, but I do know that it's not signing to the right domain.When I...
  3. Which is the user appearing when starting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is the user appearing when starting computer: Hello community,I am having trouble with my computer, users, and the domains. I am talking about the computer I use at work; I got it some time ago and I don't really know the settings that were added back then, but I do know that it's not signing to the right domain.When I...
  4. Which is the user appearing when starting computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder: Good day.How can I make the SEARCH folder look like "table", show the "path" column instead of "location", and disable grouping by default? Tips for setting up regular folders don't help. With each new request, the SEARCH folder is reset to its default view that is...
  6. Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder: Good day.How can I make the SEARCH folder look like "table", show the "path" column instead of "location", and disable grouping by default? Tips for setting up regular folders don't help. With each new request, the SEARCH folder is reset to its default view that is...
  7. Customizing the appearance and structure of the SEARCH folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Choose Folders to Sync Before OneDrive Starts: Hi, OneDrive is driving me crazy! It starts syncing all folders when I open it! Is there any way to select the folders before the first use? The issue is that when I go to settings to unselect some folders, at least one of these issues occurs: 1. It show's this error...
  9. choose which folders appear on start doesnt work

in Windows 10 Customization
    choose which folders appear on start doesnt work: Hello, I have reinstall windows 10 (clean install) and im trying to show some folders in start menu. From Settings > Personalization > Start -> choose which folders appear on start , i turn some of them on (for example downloads), the switch moves to right side and turns...
  10. How do I choose custom time at which Windows requires password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I choose custom time at which Windows requires password?: Hi, I'm wondering if I could choose specific time at which Windows does or does not require a password to log in. For example, if it's between 17:00 and 21:00, I can boot my PC and log in with ease, no password required. Modifying Windows is the way to do it, I guess?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. customize choose which folders appear on start automation

2. customize folder appear on Start