Windows 10: Customize Default Open File Dialog View Settings When Searched

Discus and support Customize Default Open File Dialog View Settings When Searched in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I change the default view settings for open file dialogs so that they always show Details view and sorted by Last Modified *when the open file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EvolutionEgo, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Customize Default Open File Dialog View Settings When Searched

How can I change the default view settings for open file dialogs so that they always show Details view and sorted by Last Modified *when the open file dialog quick search box has been used to find files*?

:)

EvolutionEgo, Apr 24, 2018
  2. Aera Rua Win User

View - C Drive Settings & Saving it

Hello,

By default, folders appear in Microsoft Windows as folder icons or as pictures that are contained in the folder. If you change these view settings or customize a folder, Windows remembers your settings when you open the folder again. You can use the folder's
    View menu to change the view settings for the folder. You can use the Customize tab in the folder's Properties dialog box to modify the folder icon, picture, and template. To customize the appearance of a folder, follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer, and then locate the folder that you want to customize.
    • Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
    • On the Customize tab, select the customization options you want to use for the folder.

For more information, see the article on
    How to modify your folder view settings or to customized it

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Aera Rua, Apr 24, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How can I set a default so that files and folders are displayed using the view option "LIST"

Hi rrogel,

Open Windows File Explorer

Open a folder and set view to list and any other settings as you like it to be

Then on the View Ribbon, click 'Options'

On the View Tab of that dialog, click 'Apply to Folders'

Click Apply and oK

That will then become your default view for all folders

That's It!

DaveM121, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

Customize Default Open File Dialog View Settings When Searched

1. Customize Default Open File Dialog View Settings When Searched - Similar Threads - Customize Default Open

2. View settings for This PC in Save Dialogs

in Windows 10 Customization
    View settings for This PC in Save Dialogs: Windows 10 20H2 I'm looking for a registry setting to change the default view for "This PC" in Save dialogs, since Explorer ignores changes to the view in that context. Just to be clear, there is no issue if I open "This PC" from the desktop and change the view. In the...
  3. File open dialog customization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File open dialog customization: I have a large Quick Access list and a lot of folders on my drive. When I open a file, my Quick Access does not show up unless I collapse the desktop icon. Is there any way to set it so the Desktop is collapsed unless I click on it? I have Excel and Word 2010 on Windows 10...
  4. How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS: I do many file/folder searches in my work and the search result view is always CONTENT. I would like my default search view to always be DETAIL? Windows 10 pro Any help for this would be appreciated. Thank you 163751
  5. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  6. set file open with default

set file open with default: How do you set the default program to open a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-file-open-with-default/7037987b-12e8-4e04-ad36-983ae85bfd65
  7. Customize File Explorer Search Default Columns

Customize File Explorer Search Default Columns: Long time lurker, first post in this forum. First Let me say hello and thanks to Brink and other contributors for all the great tips and tricks, I've used a ton of them since sevenforums.com and now tenforums.com. Last year I moved from win7 to win 10 with a new laptop and...
  8. Trying to customize taskbar search & Folder Explorer (Default view)

Trying to customize taskbar search & Folder Explorer (Default view): I have a large number of research articles on my laptop (via dropbox). One thing I loved about Windows 7 was that I could just hit the Start button, type a keyword into the search box and a results window would pop up that listed every matching document on my computer. I was...
  9. How to customize default search view ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to customize default search view ?: Hi everyone, So I already know how to customize de default view in the explorer for General Items, Documents, Pictures, Music, or Videos folders, but how to do the same for the search results ? Basically, if you customize the view for any search on the folder c:\toto,...
  10. How To Set A Default View Setting For A ".search-ms" Extension

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Set A Default View Setting For A ".search-ms" Extension: Hello, So I practically have most of my folders that contain all types of files set up for the Details view setting. (if you right click in a folder -> View -> Details) I set all those adjustments through the Folder Options window. Yet when I open a Saved Search File...