Windows 10: Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10

Discus and support Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10 How to Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10 The capturing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by cfourkays, Oct 31, 2016.

1. cfourkays Win User

Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10

How to: Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10

How to Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10

The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10.

The default keyboard shortcuts for Game bar include:

[table][tr][td]Press these keys[/td] [td]To do this[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]*Start+G[/td] [td]Open Game bar[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]*Start+Alt+Print Screen[/td] [td]Take a screenshot of your game[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]*Start+Alt+G[/td] [td]Record the last few moments of gameplay (You can change the amount of time recorded)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]*Start+Alt+R[/td] [td]Start or stop recording[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]*Start+Alt+M[/td] [td]Start or stop microphone recording[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]*Start+Alt+B[/td] [td]Start or pause broadcast[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]*Start+Alt+W[/td] [td]Show camera in broadcast[/td] [/tr] [/table]

If you like, you can create customized keyboard shortcuts for the Game bar.

See also: Introducing the New Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

This tutorial will show you how to customize keyboard shortcuts for the Game bar for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Gaming icon.

2. Click/tap on Game bar on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. To create a customized keyboard shortcut for an action, click/tap in the Your shortcut field, press the Ctrl, Alt, or Shift key and at least one other key you want to use.

4. To clear a customized keyboard shortcut for an action, click/tap in the Your shortcut field, and click/tap on the X button at the right.

5. When finished customizing keyboard shortcuts for the Game bar, click/tap on the Save button at the bottom to apply your changes.

*note If needed, you can click/tap on the Reset button to undo your current changes. This will not reset all keyboard shortcuts back to default. To do that, you will need to manually clear (X) each Your shortcut field, and Save.

Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

cfourkays, Oct 31, 2016
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Cannot open Xbox Game Bar

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your Gamebar is not to work properly.
    Here are steps on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10:

1. If nothing happens when you press the Windows logo key + G, check your Game bar settings. Open the Xbox app,
    and select Settings > Game DVR and make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game bar is On.

2. If Game bar doesn’t appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start
    recording a clip, then press it again to stop. You’ll see the screen flash when the recording starts and ends.

3. If the Windows logo key isn’t working during a game, the game may be blocking it. To create your own keyboard shortcuts for Game bar, choose the Xbox app, then select Settings > Game
    DVR
    > Keyboard shortcuts and set your own.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check for new Windows Updates and install the critical and important updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

If your customized shortcuts are not working, you may also check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10

How do I open the Game bar in a tablet, in Windows 10?

You have the option in the Windows 10 Xbox App (or Gaming settings in the Settings App if you're using a Windows 10 Insider build) to specify a custom keyboard shortcut for the Xbox Game bar. I set mine to [Ctrl + G], and now I'm able to pull up the Game
    bar with the on screen keyboard.

To set a custom keyboard shortcut:

Open the Xbox App, go to settings (located under the hamburger menu), then Xbox DVR. Make sure to hit save after you've set your custom shortcuts.

If you're using a Windows 10 Insider Preview build:

Open the Settings App, go to Gaming, then Xbox DVR.

GCPDetective, Oct 27, 2019
  5. joShu001 Win User
    Custom keyboard shortcuts slow to execute

Nyima, thanks for suggesting some methods to fix this problem.

Unfortunately, none of them worked for me.

I recommend you try to replicate the problem on your own device:

Create a keyboard shortcut to an app or folder in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-keyboard-shortcuts-open-programs#1TC=windows-7

Then try the shortcut you just created.

Note how long it takes.

Then use a built-in short such as CTRL SHIFT ESC (Task Manager)

Note how long it takes.

Compare the times.

As I wrote earlier in this thread, in Windows 8 custom keyboard shortcuts used to take a long time, and then keyboard shortcuts became very fast after a Windows 8 patch.

Then I updated to Windows 10 and now the shortcut delay is back.

I have two Windows 10 devices and the keyboard shortcut delay is on both of them.

It is something inherent to Windows 10.

Since non-custom shortcut keys (E.g. CTRL SHIFT ESC, Windows Key E, etc., Windows Key 1, etc.) are nearly instantaneous I compromised on this problem for now by putting the links I commonly use on the taskbar using this technique:

Pin Any Item to the Windows 7 Taskbar

The first link on your taskbar corresponds to the shortcut Windows Key 1, etc.

Compromising in this manner means I have to relearn all my shortcuts, annoying, but at least these taskbar shortcuts have no delays, unlike the custom shortcut keys.

joShu001, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Junaid_A Win User
    want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10

1. Customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Game Bar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Customize Keyboard Shortcuts

2. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  3. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  4. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting: I have set custom keyboard shortcuts to many apps that I use regularly for ease of working. eg. ctrl+alt+E to launch Excel. However every now and then the short cut gets reset and I have to manually set it again. I can't figure out yet what triggers the reset.. It seems...
  5. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting: I have set custom keyboard shortcuts to many apps that I use regularly for ease of working. eg. ctrl+alt+E to launch Excel. However every now and then the short cut gets reset and I have to manually set it again. I can't figure out yet what triggers the reset.. It seems...
  6. XBox Game Bar Custom Shortcut Problem

XBox Game Bar Custom Shortcut Problem: Yesterday I encountered a very weird problem with the XBox Game Bar (Windows 10). I use a custom keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Pause) for taking screenshots so I can activate it with only one hand. However, yesterday the custom shortcut just stopped working. The default shortcut...
  7. custom keyboard shortcut for Undo and Redo

in Windows 10 Support
    custom keyboard shortcut for Undo and Redo: I have a program in which I use the "Undo" keyboard shortcut of Ctrl-z, and the "Redo" shortcut of Ctrl-y, dozens of time daily. I am a poor typist an it would be much easier for me to have a single key shortcut for both of these functions. Is it possible to customize Windows...
  8. Gaming Settings in Windows 10: Manage Game bar, Keyboard shortcuts, Game audio, Video...

in Windows 10 News
    Gaming Settings in Windows 10: Manage Game bar, Keyboard shortcuts, Game audio, Video...: [ATTACH]Gaming Settings in Windows 10 include settings related to the game bar, the keyboard shortcuts, game audio, and video quality, broadcasting, etc. To open the […] This article Gaming Settings in Windows 10: Manage Game bar, Keyboard shortcuts, Game audio, Video...
  9. Customize Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Customize Keyboard shortcuts: I want to create keyboard shortcuts using modifiers or combinations thereof to insert characters like # and é without using the Character Map. Is there a way to do this? I have looked through Settings but came up blank....
  10. How to create custom Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create custom Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In the quest to maximize productivity and blitz through the flood of Windows 10 applications at top speed, ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ aid as one secret weapon. Windows 10 offers you the option to create custom keyboard shortcuts that allow you to [...] This post...