Windows 10: Customize Some Folders

Discus and support Customize Some Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys Can i ask if someone can help please I have a large collection of audio books and i need the folders they are in to be customized to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sam02, Oct 27, 2015.

1. sam02 Win User

Customize Some Folders

Hi guys

Can i ask if someone can help please

I have a large collection of audio books and i need the folders they are in to be customized to add fields like Author, Comments and such like.

So i would like the audio books folder to show extra details but not the other folders only the audio books

I can get the folders i need to show the details i need but it changes all the folder on the computers

I could achieve this in windows 7 but not in windows 10

Is there a way to do this please

:)

sam02, Oct 27, 2015

2. Can't Customize a Folder Thumbnail

Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to customze the thumbnails of each folder in my PC, so I know which folder contains which image.

Unfortunately, the thumbnails of some folders aren't changing when I try to customize it. They just still display default thumbnails when I click Apply and OK buttons after customizing them.

To customize folder thumbnail I usually right-click a folder -> click "properties"-> go into "customize" tab -> click "Choose Picture" button under "Folder pictures" tab -> select the thumbnail image -> and click "Apply" and "OK" button.

While I am able to freely customize the thumbnails of some folders, it doesn't work on other folders even when I'm doing exactly the same thing. What can be the problem here?

Thank you in advance for trying to help me!

A Lost Soul, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Folder Customization

Hello Todd,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with folder customization on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the steps given below and check if that helps.

• To do this, right click on the folder for which you want to change the icon background image and select Properties. Or simply select it and press Alt+Enter on
      your keyboard. This opens the Properties window of the folder.
    • Here, go to the Customize tab, in which you will find the Folder pictures section. Click
      on the Choose File button, Browse and select the picture you want to use as background. Then, press OK twice.
    • Once you selected the picture, click on OK again, and you are done.
    Also, there could be some third party software’s available which might fix this issue
    but Microsoft does not recommend that.

Note:
    Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

Customize Some Folders

1. Customize Some Folders - Similar Threads - Customize Folders

2. Cannot customize Windows folders to the desired type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot customize Windows folders to the desired type: On Windows 10, File Explorer includes five different templates to customize the view of folders, including "General items" (default for every new folder), "Documents," "Pictures," "Music," and "Videos." Unfortunately, for some unknown reasons, I cannot customize my folders...
  3. Setting custom icons for folders with a .ico file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting custom icons for folders with a .ico file: so i am trying to customize a folder but when i go to set this .ico i have it seems it is looking for a file that has icons stored in it and i am unable to customize it. Please help....
  4. Can't customize folders; icon layout resets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't customize folders; icon layout resets: Ever since the last update, I've noticed my in-folder icons keep resetting to detail view I prefer large icons (I work with a lot of image files). Attempting to fix this via folder Properties > Customize, I discovered something else: I can no longer change folder templates. I...
  5. Adding custom folders to left side of start menu

Adding custom folders to left side of start menu: Hi, I was wondering if there was a way of adding custom folders instead of download , music etc folders on left of start menu. I have tried kinda everything from personalize settings and start settings. but nothing seems to work out. Thank you for your help....
  6. Windows 10 Customizing Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Customizing Folders: I recently moved to Windows 10. I have about 130 folders in Pictures. I customized each folder with a pic from that folder using the following method: right click on folder/properties/customize/choose file/open/apply/ok. I have noticed today that about 20 of the folders are...
  7. v1903 Customize Folder Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    v1903 Customize Folder Problem: [img] When i Change Folder type to Pictures and press Apply but it not Change to Large icons view. i trying to go back and open this folder again but folder type still stuck in General items. it look like i cant Customize my Folder anymore. i just updated to v1903 this...
  8. File History: Want to be able to choose custom folder on target drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History: Want to be able to choose custom folder on target drive: I'm frustrated by the lack of fine tuning available in File History when it comes to choosing the target for File History backups. On an attached drive it only lets you choose the drive letter and then creates a standard folder, "FileHistory," on the root directory of the...
  9. 1903 update - all folders set back to default and can't customize them

in Windows 10 Support
    1903 update - all folders set back to default and can't customize them: Hi, I recently updated to Windows 10 1903 and after I did, I can no longer customize my folders. All my folders are stuck on “General Items.” I right click on a folder > Properties > Customize > choose anything on the “Optimize this folder” drop down box and click Apply then...
  10. Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS.

Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS.: Hi - What I would like to do, if possible, is to modify one folder's properties and use those settings for each of the folders in the OS. So if I open a folder in a directory and want apply the following settings for the entire OS. which is the best way? Example - Under...