Windows 10: Customize Some Folders

Discus and support Customize Some Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys Can i ask if someone can help please I have a large collection of audio books and i need the folders they are in to be customized to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sam02, Oct 27, 2015.

1. sam02 Win User

Customize Some Folders

Hi guys

Can i ask if someone can help please

I have a large collection of audio books and i need the folders they are in to be customized to add fields like Author, Comments and such like.

So i would like the audio books folder to show extra details but not the other folders only the audio books

I can get the folders i need to show the details i need but it changes all the folder on the computers

I could achieve this in windows 7 but not in windows 10

Is there a way to do this please

:)

sam02, Oct 27, 2015

2. Can't Customize a Folder Thumbnail

Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to customze the thumbnails of each folder in my PC, so I know which folder contains which image.

Unfortunately, the thumbnails of some folders aren't changing when I try to customize it. They just still display default thumbnails when I click Apply and OK buttons after customizing them.

To customize folder thumbnail I usually right-click a folder -> click "properties"-> go into "customize" tab -> click "Choose Picture" button under "Folder pictures" tab -> select the thumbnail image -> and click "Apply" and "OK" button.

While I am able to freely customize the thumbnails of some folders, it doesn't work on other folders even when I'm doing exactly the same thing. What can be the problem here?

Thank you in advance for trying to help me!

A Lost Soul, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Folder Customization

Hello Todd,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with folder customization on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the steps given below and check if that helps.

• To do this, right click on the folder for which you want to change the icon background image and select Properties. Or simply select it and press Alt+Enter on
      your keyboard. This opens the Properties window of the folder.
    • Here, go to the Customize tab, in which you will find the Folder pictures section. Click
      on the Choose File button, Browse and select the picture you want to use as background. Then, press OK twice.
    • Once you selected the picture, click on OK again, and you are done.
    Also, there could be some third party software’s available which might fix this issue
    but Microsoft does not recommend that.

Note:
    Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

Customize Some Folders

1. Customize Some Folders - Similar Threads - Customize Folders

2. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...
  3. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...
  4. Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder: HI I am creating a custom image Windows installation bootable USB which works well. My issue is that after installation a folder with all the .svm files called $Windows.~LS is created and this consumes alot of space almost 27Gb's. I am a bit hard pressed for space.Is there...
  5. Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder

Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder: HI I am creating a custom image Windows installation bootable USB which works well. My issue is that after installation a folder with all the .svm files called $Windows.~LS is created and this consumes alot of space almost 27Gb's. I am a bit hard pressed for space.Is there...
  6. Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11: I want to customize what folders I see when I open File Explorer in Windows 11. It looks like Desktop is now the main folder that everything shows up under. There are several folders in here that I don't want but I can't figure out how to remove them. See screen shot of my...
  8. How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11

How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11: I want to customize what folders I see when I open File Explorer in Windows 11. It looks like Desktop is now the main folder that everything shows up under. There are several folders in here that I don't want but I can't figure out how to remove them. See screen shot of my...
  9. How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...: Windows 11.How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only persist while the File Explorer window is active....
  10. How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...

How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only...: Windows 11.How do I persist changes to a folder's custom properties? Currently such changes only persist while the File Explorer window is active....