Windows 10: Customize Task View, Alt-Tab and Snap Assist

Discus and support Customize Task View, Alt-Tab and Snap Assist in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Would you like smaller, XP style thumbnails and be able to see whats on the desktop while in Task View? Check out this exhaustive list of registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edwin, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Edwin New Member

Customize Task View, Alt-Tab and Snap Assist

Would you like smaller, XP style thumbnails and be able to see whats on the desktop while in Task View?
    Check out this exhaustive list of registry tweaks: [Windows 10 Tip] Registry Tweaks to Customize UI of Alt+Tab, Task View and Snap Assistant Screens - AskVG

Follow instructions carefully, but, not to worry, if you wish to undo the tweaks, simply delete the items you created and all will fall back to defaults.
    Affects are immediate so no need to reboot or restart Explorer.

Tested in AU and higher.

Customize Task View, Alt-Tab and Snap Assist [​IMG]

Customize Task View, Alt-Tab and Snap Assist [​IMG]

:)

Edwin, Jan 30, 2017
  2. RHMNSHN Win User

Alternative for Cmd + Tab + Q

Hi,

In Mac, you can open the equivalent to Windows Task view by pressing and holding Cmd, and then pressing Tab.

In Windows, you press and hold Alt + Tab to open Windows Task view (press and hold Alt, then press Tab, but I'll call this "press and hold Alt + tab" for clarity's sake).

Now, in Mac, when Task view is open (Cmd + Tab), you can press Q to close the (in Task view) highlighted application.

My question: is there an alternative to that in Windows?

Question reformulated: if I press and hold Alt + Tab to open Task view, can I then press another, third key, to close the highlighted application (while remaining in Task view)?

PS: I know I can use Alt + F4 to close an application, but this doesn't work to close an application while in Task view.

RHMNSHN, Jan 30, 2017
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    tablet mode starting app

Hi Dave,

Alt+Tab is replace by Task view.

Use this feature to do multiple tasks and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jan 30, 2017
Thema:

Customize Task View, Alt-Tab and Snap Assist

1. Customize Task View, Alt-Tab and Snap Assist - Similar Threads - Customize Task View

2. Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working: HelloAfter a recent update Windows Insider Preview 23451.1000 ni_prerelease, the following started to happen:Task View button stopped working.Once I press Task View, the Alt+Tab does not work either.If I kill the Explorer task and restart it, it works. But once I press Task...
  3. Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + TAB and Windows Task View not working: HelloAfter a recent update Windows Insider Preview 23451.1000 ni_prerelease, the following started to happen:Task View button stopped working.Once I press Task View, the Alt+Tab does not work either.If I kill the Explorer task and restart it, it works. But once I press Task...
  4. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task view "ALT+TAB problem": Hello,Please tell me how can I deactivate Task View, or tell me how can I make CTRL+TAB switch between programs and not open all the recent stufftask view I don't want to open or keep track off....Sorry if I seem a little blunt, I have been trying to fix this for some days...
  5. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task view "ALT+TAB problem": Hello,Please tell me how can I deactivate Task View, or tell me how can I make CTRL+TAB switch between programs and not open all the recent stufftask view I don't want to open or keep track off....Sorry if I seem a little blunt, I have been trying to fix this for some days...
  6. Task view "ALT+TAB problem"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. window alt+ tab task view is on full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    window alt+ tab task view is on full screen: Before i click all the funtion key on my laptop f1-f12 when im on valorant, after that i noticed that my alt+tab task view is showing on fullscreen on the app that i use usually the task view is showing with minimize window with black home screen does someone know why is it...
  8. Task View Customization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task View Customization: I almost always use Task View to switch between open Windows, but one thing that's always bugged me (and I've only just realized might be fixable) is that the order of the windows shown in Task View is based on when they were last used. Problem is, if I have a lot of windows...
  9. Customizing Task View

in Cortana
    Customizing Task View: Hello, I'm really trying to use Task View, but displaying every web page I visit just clutters it up to the point that it's useless. Why not add customization so I can exclude for example web browser activity? Thanks...
  10. ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view: how to change the look of ALT + TAB Become WIN + TAB / Task view? [img] I use ssd. and i want to turn on delayed startup. is it good or bad? 106661