Windows 10: Customize Windows 10 File Explorer search result columns

Discus and support Customize Windows 10 File Explorer search result columns in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I customize search result columns in File Explorer? For example, I would always like to see the Date Created column in all my searches. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RogerOver, Nov 1, 2015.

1. RogerOver Win User

Customize Windows 10 File Explorer search result columns

How do I customize search result columns in File Explorer? For example, I would always like to see the Date Created column in all my searches. I have tried using tips for earlier Windows versions, but Windows 10 seems to have disabled the "Apply to Folders" button in the View tab of the Folder Options window for search results.

:)

RogerOver, Nov 1, 2015

2. how to expand the first coloum holding the main folders in File Explorer

In File Explorer in windows 10, I want to expand first column holding the main folders. The column holding the subfolders and research result is so wide taking up most of the space in File Explorer

AngelaHarris-C, Nov 1, 2015
  3. a6shooter Win User
    Change the color of the columns adjacent to Name column in the file explorer's sub folders in Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10 File Explorer Details View, most columns have faint / low contrast font

In Windows 10 (NOT Windows 7), in File Explorer, "Details" View, the font in the "Name" column is normal. But in the other columns ("Date Modified", "Size", etc) the font is fainter (lower contrast). I want to make all the columns look like the "Name" column.

There are several references to this online regarding Windows 7, but I can't tell if they will be relevant or successful in Windows 10.

Here's one of those webpages that has screenshots that show the exact problem (#2):

Details view in Explorer utilizes faint font color for most fields. - Windows 7 Help Forums

Thanks

a6shooter, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

Customize Windows 10 File Explorer search result columns

1. Customize Windows 10 File Explorer search result columns - Similar Threads - Customize File Explorer

2. Showing GPS data on columns of Details layout of search results in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing GPS data on columns of Details layout of search results in Windows Explorer: I'd like to show GPS data, latitude and longitude, of EXIF data of photo files heic and jpeg on columns of search results details layout in windows explorer like in the following link.On my PC, there is a folder containing subfolders. Each subfolder contains photo files. I...
  3. Showing GPS data on columns of Details layout of search results in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing GPS data on columns of Details layout of search results in Windows Explorer: I'd like to show GPS data, latitude and longitude, of EXIF data of photo files heic and jpeg on columns of search results details layout in windows explorer like in the following link.On my PC, there is a folder containing subfolders. Each subfolder contains photo files. I...
  4. Adding Custom File Explorer Column?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding Custom File Explorer Column?: Hello, I often work through a series of files in a directory and I'd like a way to identify which ones are done and which ones I am still working on. I know I can re-name the files but I'm wondering if there is a way to add a column to File Explorer that would be a YES/NO...
  5. File explorer search results in a dropdown window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search results in a dropdown window: Hello, I am encountering problems with the file search feature after the latest update, from the update it changed the file search from showing me the results in picture form into a dropdown box by the search bar. (https://imgur.com/a/NpMSCB1 This is the dropdown box) Its...
  6. File explorer custom searching

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer custom searching: In the search box in file explorer you can type date: or datemodified or size and you're supposed to get a GUI / calendar where you can specify dates, size etc... I get nothing...I cannot bring up anything of the modifiers. If i search for a word or a *.* I get results but I...
  7. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  8. Customize File Explorer Search Default Columns

Customize File Explorer Search Default Columns: Long time lurker, first post in this forum. First Let me say hello and thanks to Brink and other contributors for all the great tips and tricks, I've used a ton of them since sevenforums.com and now tenforums.com. Last year I moved from win7 to win 10 with a new laptop and...
  9. Create Custom Details Column (Windows 10 File Explorer)

Create Custom Details Column (Windows 10 File Explorer): I generally use the "details" view in Windows File Explorer a lot. This is an example: [img] As you can see, I can sort my file types in various ways by clicking on the different columns at the top. However, I have a question: Is it possible to create a custom...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 customize columns in search results of windows explorer

2. customize search results file explorer in windows 10