Windows 10: Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep

Discus and support Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Is it possible to add a HirenBoot & Active Boot Disk Suite LiveCD as Partitation into the Original Sysprep version. What I mean example: - C:\ Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ThrashZone, Nov 21, 2014.

1. DJHallo Win User

Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep

Is it possible to add a HirenBoot & Active Boot Disk Suite LiveCD as Partitation into the Original Sysprep version.
    What I mean example:
    - C:\ Drive = Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise X64.
    - D:\ Drive Partitation from C:\ = HirenBoot.
    - E:\ Drive Partitation from C:\ = Active Boot Disk Suite LiveCD.
    And sysprep all the thing as one .wim file.
    And if you boot into it you get a Custom Menu:
    1. Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise.
    2. HirenBoot.
    3. Active Boot Disk Suite LiveCD.
    Is it possible to make this with EasyBCD or something else? *Wink

P.S. If it is possible can it also work above but then with multiple Windows example add Windows 8.1 or Windows 7.

Or does this only work as a Computer Full Back-Up, or is this not possible?

DJHallo, Jul 31, 2015
  2. balubeto Win User

By following this guide, I could create a custom installation DVD working on any type of computer that, during the normal process of installation of each edition of Windows 10, also allows to create a partition to save the profiles of users? If so, how do I do this using only the Microsoft tools?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Nice!

Looks like sysprep and Audit mode remain unchanged, good to have a rundown for 10, this is excellent!

Have you figured out if CopyProfile works in the latest build? I'm going to start cooking my custom 10 image here pretty shortly, hate to have to go through the trial and error like I did to figure out how to get the Start Screen customized.... Ugh.... Just remembered I'm back to square one with 10 and syncing over the Start Screen layout. Balls.

Coke Robot, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep

GOOD! That was annoying to run updates in 8.1 in Audit mode through PowerShell! *Mad

Coke Robot, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Depending on what you install and how you customize it, yes you can create a DVD install media with a custom image real easy. You would go through Audit mode and all listed in this tutorial. To author the DVD, you'd need a program called ImgBurn, there's a tutorial of how to make a bootable DVD of Windows that will work for 10, even though it's for Windows 7. This won't save partition info, but I THINK there's a way to run a command during sysprep to do that... Not sure.

Also, depending on the install.wim file size, if it's like over 4 gigs (in my custom images of Windows 8.1, the latest one I cooked was about 14 gigs!) it won't work on a UEFI BIOS PC because the USB drive needs to be formatted in FAT32 and there's a file size limit with that. There's a workaround to that, but just so you're aware.

Coke Robot, Aug 5, 2015
  6. DavidY Win User
    There is a new Microsoft tool (part of the ADK download mentioned in this tutorial) called the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer.

I haven't explored it fully yet, but it looks to be powerful, and includes a function to create Clean Install Media of your customised build, directly onto a USB drive.

I suspect it won't let you customise partitions directly. However you might be able to customise the partitions using the media it produces and using or changing a diskpart script.

Or you could do something like this and edit the diskpart script to create an extra partition:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...=vs.85%29.aspx

DavidY, Aug 5, 2015
  7. Felix Win User
    Hi Kari,
    Since the final version is out, is it possible to update this to final as well?
    *Smile

Felix, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Kari Win User

I am working on it. Basically there's very little to update, just to check if warnings and workarounds are still needed. I have been testing all the time, not posting any changes until I am sure of the results.

9. Kman Win User
    I think I may be running into this. I boot to audit mode, make configurations, run Sysprep command including the generalize switch, point to an unattend.xml with copy profile true. When the OS deploys on to a system everything looks great, the copy profile looks to have worked; except the search bar is unresponsive, can't type or click, it's totally dead, no search no Cortana just looks like a broken place holder. Deployed to multiple clients same result. Any thoughts on ways around this?

10. jfreemont Win User
    Have you tested without an unattend file?

So far, I haven't tested with an unattend file, and I haven't had the issue you are describing when generalizing with Sysprep. I'm just wondering if it's the unattend file (or more likely, a setting in the unattend file) that's causing this. If you can narrow it down, you should submit it via the Feedback app for sure.

jfreemont, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Kari Win User
    Hi Kman, welcome to the Ten Forums.

What kind of users on those clients? Local, domain, Azure AD or MS account? If local or MSA, is the PC later on joined to Azure AD?

12. Kman Win User
    Not joined to Azure AD, just to our regular domain through SCCM task sequence. No other local accounts created, just Administrator.

Thema:

1. Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Similar Threads - Customize Image Audit

2. Will Sysprep clear the audit logs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Sysprep clear the audit logs: Hi,I wanted a confirmation on, Does shut downing instance with sysprep clear the audit logs generating windows event id 1102Regards,Anjani CM* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  3. Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE

Customizing image in Audit mode vs OOBE: Hi, I'm new to customizing Windows images and I'm confused by something that I hope you can clear up. I understand that audit mode gives OEMs the ability to install software, drivers, customize etc before capturing a master image, and that that this uses a hidden admin...
  4. unable to re-enter audit mode while creating a Win 10 sysprep image

unable to re-enter audit mode while creating a Win 10 sysprep image: Hi I've been in the process of configuring a build of Windows 10 to sysprep, clone and deploy for use with Dells. While working in audit mode (via the usual CTRL + Shift + F3), I accidentally shut down sysprep.exe, immediately after doing this, messages appeared and without...
  5. Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE: IT, trying to create a backup image using macrium although my issues are just for sysprep, At the moment i am just trying to figure things out, so I am installing windows 10 education on SSD (computer has a ssd and a hardrive) then boot into windows and on the first screen...
  6. Audit Customizations

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Audit Customizations: So I'm working on creating a reference image for myself and some friends. The idea was to debloat windows as much as possible. I figured out how to do most of what I need through trial and error, however, there are a few last changes that I just can't seem to figure out....
  7. Audit Customizations

Audit Customizations: So I'm working on creating a reference image for myself and some friends. The idea was to debloat windows as much as possible. I figured out how to do most of what I need through trial and error, however, there are a few last changes that I just can't seem to figure out....
  8. Pinned Icons in Customized Audit Mode

Pinned Icons in Customized Audit Mode: I customized my Windows 10 in Audit Mode and created a answer file by the Windows System Image Manager. CopyProfile in the answer file is set on true In the customization I removed the Edge browser Icon and the Windows Store from the Task bar. I know that pinned Icons at...
  9. Sysprep and Audit Mode questions

Sysprep and Audit Mode questions: I'm noticing some stuff when running sysprep on an image: - I uninstalled OneDrive in Audit Mode, but after generalization it comes right back? Any way to keep it uninstalled? - Windows Updates seemingly gets undone after going to OOBE, and some drivers got reverted as...
  10. Trouble with Windows 10 system image - made with sysprep & audit mode

Trouble with Windows 10 system image - made with sysprep & audit mode: I followed this great tutorial an creating a custom Windows 10 image: Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Windows 10 Forums Everything worked great and I put the image on several computers and all seemed to be working great - until I realized that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. customize windows 10 image in audit mode with sysprep

2. customize start menu audit mode

3. windows 10 imaging customization