Windows 10: Customized trash icon not showing correctly

Discus and support Customized trash icon not showing correctly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; *Thumbs I have a small collection of R. Bins myself.*Redface [img] [img] [img] [img] You have a couple transparent, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Customized trash icon not showing correctly

You have a couple transparent, but you're missing the colored ones!

Customized trash icon not showing correctly [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Nikilet Win User

I decided to download and use a customized icon for my trash. Everything is fine except that when I empty the trash, the icon does not revert to empty ... or when I fill it, it does not revert to full. Not until I right click desktop and click on "Refresh." I downloaded both the empty icon and the full icon so shouldn't it automatically change just like it does for the default icon?

:)

Nikilet, Apr 21, 2018
  3. Customized Trash Icon Will Not Change Between Empty/Full in Windows 10

Hi Heather,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to inform that the issue might be causing due to Virus/Malware. So, suggest you to follow the methods provided below:

Method 1: Run a Complete system scan using Antivrus installed (if any) in your computer. If not use
    Windows Defender to run the scan.

Method 2: I suggest you to boot the system in Safe Mode and download the
    following tool and run a full scan to rule out malware

Download Malicious Software Removal Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center

To boot system in Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 21, 2018
  4. Customized trash icon not showing correctly

Customized Trash Icon Will Not Change Between Empty/Full in Windows 10

Hello,

I have a question ... I customized my empty/full trash icons by using some that I found online. They are absolutely .ico files, and I am able to select different icons used for the trash folder by following the general, expected steps (i.e. right click on
    the desktop, select "personalize", select "themes", select "desktop icon settings", etc.).

The problem is that if I choose icons saved in a personal icon folder that I created, the icons don't change back and forth when the trash is filled or emptied (or if it does change, it takes a
    CRAZY long time to do so). Conversely, if I choose any icons out of the .dll folders, they will change right away ... as in
    the second the trash is filled or emptied.

Does anyone know why it is taking so long for the computer to make the change (if it even bothers) between the icons NOT in the .dll files, as opposed to the ones that are? I've even tried moving copies of the relevant icons into the System32 folder, but it
    doesn't speed anything up. Conversely, is there a way I can add them to a .dll file or create one without having to buy additional software?

HeatherFairfield, Apr 21, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
  6. Cliff S New Member
    To refresh you need the second link Brink shows.
    In short, open Regedit, go to(copy & paste in Regedit' s addressbar)
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\DefaultIcon

and add a .0(comma zero) after each key.

Then save the key in Regedit' s Favorites as you'll most likely need it again:

Lastly you might want to save your current theme.

Cliff S, Apr 21, 2018
  7. Nikilet Win User
    Nikilet, Apr 22, 2018
  8. Nikilet Win User

Thanks also to Cliff S.

Nikilet, Apr 22, 2018
  9. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome.
    And remember, you need to do this when ever you use a new/different Recycle Bin icon.
    As you see in the registry, it use the .ico name & the path.

Cliff S, Apr 22, 2018
  10. Nikilet Win User
    I've tried different trash icons in the past and never could get anything to work so just let it go. I finally decided I was going to see if I could get a solution to whatever I was doing wrong. So this was great information you shared with me. I already tried a couple of different icons and they all worked following the instructions here.

Nikilet, Apr 22, 2018
  11. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs

I have a small collection of R. Bins myself.*Redface

Cliff S, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Customized trash icon not showing correctly - Similar Threads - Customized trash icon

2. Taskbar icons not showing correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons not showing correctly: A few days ago the icons on my taskbar dissapeared, not completely, just a few of them. After a while i realized that they were only gone when my browser was minimized or not opened. I have tried deleting files as recommended in other posts as well as restarting windows...
  3. Taskbar icons not showing correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons not showing correctly: A few days ago the icons on my taskbar dissapeared, not completely, just a few of them. After a while i realized that they were only gone when my browser was minimized or not opened. I have tried deleting files as recommended in other posts as well as restarting windows...
  4. Battery icon not showing correct level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery icon not showing correct level: Hello.The battery icon is designed in a way so it is showing much lower level than the procentage it shows when you mark the icon.example: the battery is at 48% and if you look at the icon only you would think that the level is 15-20%, with level at 20-25% it looks like the...
  5. Battery icon not showing correct level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery icon not showing correct level: Hello.The battery icon is designed in a way so it is showing much lower level than the procentage it shows when you mark the icon.example: the battery is at 48% and if you look at the icon only you would think that the level is 15-20%, with level at 20-25% it looks like the...
  6. Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar: I got some custom icons for the standard windows apps, as well as many of my own apps, when I switch the icons out, they show perfectly fine on the desktop but the standard windows apps, as well as iTunes all show the standard icon in the taskbar. Is there any way to fix...
  7. trash icon

trash icon: how do I find the trash icon for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trash-icon/60093d84-925f-446c-ac09-b528710a819e
  8. Start Menu Icon Not Showing Correctly

Start Menu Icon Not Showing Correctly: Hello, I was just wondering why some of the icons in my start menu don't show up correctly and instead showing this icon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.[IMG]...
  9. Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons.

Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons.: I am trying to customize my taskbar and start menu. I've set all start menu icons to white and so far its working good. But i am having trouble with taskbar icons. As you can see in screenshot, the icons on the taskbar are not looking that good. I have made .ico's with...
  10. Trash Icon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Trash Icon missing: Recently the trash icon changed to what looks like a page. In system settings the icons look correct but do not take effect. I've re-booted this this did not fix the problem. 67637