Windows 10: Customizing Details Pane for folders.

Discus and support Customizing Details Pane for folders. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sleepless, Jun 28, 2016.

1. sleepless Win User

Customizing Details Pane for folders.

In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can:

1. Run Regedit.
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.)
    3. Edit the PreviewDetails string.

My question is:
    Is there a way to do something similar for folders? Currently, the only info displayed in the details pane when a folder is selected is Date modified, and Availability. I would like to add other details to this pane (Size, Date created etc...). Is this possible?

Customizing Details Pane for folders. [​IMG]

:)

sleepless, Jun 28, 2016
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 28, 2016
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Explorer Sorting USB Folders Differently Than External HDD

Explorer's navigation pane is sorting the folders differently than in the detail (right) pane.

On my USB they are sorted:

DataFiles_Mon

DataFiles_Tue

DataFiles_Wed

DataFiles_Fri

On my External HDD they are sorted:

DataFiles_Fri

DataFiles_Mon

DataFiles_Tue

DataFiles_Wed

When I view the HDD detail pane in detail and sort by the folder names it never matches USB

Any Ideas>

James

JamesJoey, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

Customizing Details Pane for folders.

1. Customizing Details Pane for folders. - Similar Threads - Customizing Details Pane

2. Editing Metadata in Details Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing Metadata in Details Pane: Hi,I installed a new Windows update and lost the ability to edit metadata in the Details Pane. It used to look like this: Now it looks like this:As you can see, it's a loss of functionality. I can't edit the metadata from the folder view anymore. It wants me to click the...
  3. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  4. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  5. How to see contents of a Folder using the Details Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to see contents of a Folder using the Details Pane: Hello,I would like to be able to use the details pane on File explorer, so that I can click a folder and see the contents of whats in it on the right pane?Currently if I click on a folder that has a a few PDFs in it, the details pane just shows a picture of some papers in the...
  6. Customize music folder details pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customize music folder details pane: Hello, I've tried to search for ways to customize the info displayed in the Details Pane.This forum and this list they link to seems to do the trick, but the problem is: I don't want to remove anything Windows displays by default, I only want to add one more bit of info...
  7. Explorer detail pane question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer detail pane question.: Using Win 10 with all updates. When I open Explorer to This PC the detail pane show the drives in 3 sets. >A - H, >I - P and >Q - Z. If I click on the > it shows the name of the drive, but, of course, not the same the Navigation pane. My question: How to change the detail...
  8. How to Customize the Details Pane of a folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Customize the Details Pane of a folder in Windows 10: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My question...
  9. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119