Windows 10: Customizing explorer to show whatever you want in left pane?

Discus and support Customizing explorer to show whatever you want in left pane? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, even with tweaks such as "show favorites in quick access", i still can't have what i had in 7, which means all sort of shortcuts with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, Aug 12, 2016.

1. unko Win User

Customizing explorer to show whatever you want in left pane?

Hello, even with tweaks such as "show favorites in quick access", i still can't have what i had in 7, which means all sort of shortcuts with customizable names (apps, script, folders).. Is there still no work around? :/

:)

2. Tom_WC Win User

Surface P{ro 3 - Selecting Multiple photos and exporting an album

It's easy to export pictures to a thumb drive using File Explorer (on the far left, third from the bottom in the Start menu). Plug in your drive, open Explorer and copy/paste from your Pictures folder to the thumb drive. People usually move folders rather
    than one picture at a time but you can move whatever you want.

Tom_WC, Aug 12, 2016
  3. How do I customise the Start Menu

Happy Girl,

Click on Start, then Settings.

Click on Personalization.

In the left pane, click on Start.

In the right pane, at the bottom, click on "Choose which folders appear on start"

Click to turn File Explorer to the ON position.

You should then see File Explorer above Settings. Another easy way is to add file explorer to the taskbar. You can just right click on the taskbar icon and select whatever folder you want, music, documents, etc.

Brenda

Brenda Woollard, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Winaero Tweaker.

Downloads / Software / Winaero Tweaker

Edwin, Aug 12, 2016
  5. unko Win User
    Thanks. However, this allow customs folders, not shortcuts of app and else..

6. Edwin New Member
    You can add Apps and the like but, it's a Shell Location, (Applications), not a Custom Folder.
    You can add virtually anything a long as there's a location or a folder full of shortcuts somewhere.

Customizing explorer to show whatever you want in left pane? [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 12, 2016
  7. unko Win User
    Alright but after I added that "applications" shell, where is that folder I should fill located?! EDIT: Alrigt, just needed to logout... However it is still not allowing me to do what i want: I actually put there some app's shortcut WITH a specific command line and i'm used to drop files/folders on these.

8. unko Win User

"Location Folder", "Folder Shortcut" and more.. I guess i'm supposed to fill these? But where is the base..?!

9. Edwin New Member
    I don't understand; please elaborate.
    (Include screenshots if you can)

Edwin, Aug 13, 2016
  10. unko Win User
    Just like the one you quoted "Application", there's a shell called "Folder Shortcut" and another "Location Folder". I'm curious to know how these works & what/where they are.. *Wink

11. Edwin New Member
    Test them. If they don't work move on to the next, some may have a shell entry but not a CLSID or similar command to invoke them.

Customizing explorer to show whatever you want in left pane? [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 13, 2016
  12. unko Win User
    I realise that "Classic Explorer" coming with "Classic Shell" may help : it create a toolbar with lots of button, one of them being custom = whatever you want I GUESS : i can't understand it too well, if anyone could have a look, would be great.. THANKS!

13. unko Win User

No one to try that, really? *Sad

Thema:

1. Customizing explorer to show whatever you want in left pane? - Similar Threads - Customizing explorer show

2. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  3. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  4. Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see?: Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-customize-file-explorer-to-show/a7ae9256-5320-48d1-bdfb-96d4ab029458
  5. Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see?

Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see?: Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-customize-file-explorer-to-show/a7ae9256-5320-48d1-bdfb-96d4ab029458
  6. Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...: My File Explorer stopped showing me a PROPERTIES pane all of a sudden. It now shows a DETAILS pane. How do I get it back to showing properties?...
  7. Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...

Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...: My File Explorer stopped showing me a PROPERTIES pane all of a sudden. It now shows a DETAILS pane. How do I get it back to showing properties?...
  8. Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Directory Showing in Centre Pane but Missing in Left Hand Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Directory Showing in Centre Pane but Missing in Left Hand Pane: My wife's computer just started having a strange behavior. She was looking for a Folder under This PC Documents and it wasn't there. It was showing in the Centre Pane when she clicked on Documents. When she clicked on it in Centre Pane, it appeared in the left hand pane....
  10. No disks showed on left pane of explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No disks showed on left pane of explorer: I dont understand because in left pane..look my image [img] i see only disk E (why E and not others ) and not others disks like D, G etc.. i try to make a shortcut from right to left but nothing..why this ? Its possible see all my disk on left pane of explorer ??...