Windows 10: Customizing items in shell desktop folder?

Discus and support Customizing items in shell desktop folder? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I hope this is the right forum. Is it possible to remove/add items in the shell (virtual) desktop folder? I can't find any information anywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nivellen, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Nivellen Win User

Customizing items in shell desktop folder?

Hi, I hope this is the right forum.

Is it possible to remove/add items in the shell (virtual) desktop folder? I can't find any information anywhere on how to do this, only the "This PC" folder.

This is the folder/items I'm talking about

Customizing items in shell desktop folder? [​IMG]

:)

Nivellen, Jan 1, 2018

2. Customize Desktop Items?

START/SETTINGS/Personal Tab

press the Today icon

Press the Items Tab

uncheck the items you do not want on the today screen

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 1, 2018
  3. Customize Desktop Items?

Awesome. Thanks so much!

The Hegemon, Jan 1, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member
  5. Nivellen Win User
    Thanks but those tutorials are about removing icons from the desktop itself, which unfortunately doesn't hide them from the shell desktop folder in explorer (top of the heirarchy, also at shell:desktop).

Nivellen, Jan 1, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jan 1, 2018
  7. Nivellen Win User
    As I said above, I've already found the info on how to do it for the "This PC" folder, but that's not the folder I'm interested in.

Nivellen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Customizing items in shell desktop folder?

1. Customizing items in shell desktop folder? - Similar Threads - Customizing items shell

2. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder: Tried to move some files between drives to free up space on C. Ended up transferring the entire Desktop Shell to D. When I moved it back, it merged Desktop with User and now the User Shell Folders in Registry are a bit of a mess.I moved Desktop back into its own User Shell...
  3. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder: Tried to move some files between drives to free up space on C. Ended up transferring the entire Desktop Shell to D. When I moved it back, it merged Desktop with User and now the User Shell Folders in Registry are a bit of a mess.I moved Desktop back into its own User Shell...
  4. Desktop Shell Folder Merged with User Shell Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot assign custom folder icon in shell folders as of October 2022 Windows 8.1 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot assign custom folder icon in shell folders as of October 2022 Windows 8.1 Update: How can I change the folder icon in windows 8? a. Right-click on a folder that you want to change the icon. b. Click on properties. c. Click on customize tab. d. Under folder icons, click on change icon. e. Choose an icon that you prefer from the list of options you get. f....
  6. Cannot assign custom folder icon in shell folders as of October 2022 Windows 8.1 Update

Cannot assign custom folder icon in shell folders as of October 2022 Windows 8.1 Update: How can I change the folder icon in windows 8? a. Right-click on a folder that you want to change the icon. b. Click on properties. c. Click on customize tab. d. Under folder icons, click on change icon. e. Choose an icon that you prefer from the list of options you get. f....
  7. Help with Open Shell customizations

Help with Open Shell customizations: I've managed to set almost everything like I want except two things: I'd like the menu to be higher (it's currently lower than how it is in W7), and I'd like to change the behaviour of the "Control Panel" button in the menu: it always opens Control Panel with the "View by"...
  8. Create custom shell folders for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create custom shell folders for Windows 10: Hello friends! I've posted this before in EightForums with no luck, so I thought I'd try again here. Is there a known way to create your own custom shell folders or "special folders?" Default shell folders are Documents, Pictures, Downloads, etc. The benefit of a shell...
  9. launching apps from custom shell?

launching apps from custom shell?: I am using win 10 as the base for an htpc. My plan was to change the shell from explorer.exe to kodi.exe for a more seamless experience, no background no notifications etc. This works great except that if I try to launch any apps, Netflix and Perfect Tube, I get the error,...
  10. Shell Folder Fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shell Folder Fix?: I am HIGHLY disappointed because the author of that fantastic program has disappeared off, at least MY, radar. It somewhat worked with Win 8 then almost by design Microsoft killed it in Win 8.1. Actually I can't prove that but it does work somewhat. Does anyone have...