Windows 10: Customizing Surface Pro 4 for Showroom with Windows 10 version 1607

Discus and support Customizing Surface Pro 4 for Showroom with Windows 10 version 1607 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone- The place that I work with is tasked with creating a customized tablet to have in our showrooms. We were planning to use the Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hag433, Oct 2, 2016.

1. hag433 Win User

Customizing Surface Pro 4 for Showroom with Windows 10 version 1607

Hello Everyone-

The place that I work with is tasked with creating a customized tablet to have in our showrooms. We were planning to use the Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 version 1607. We were successful locking down with what we wanted on the machine through Group Policy on a Windows 10 1511 test machine. We exported the 1511's .xml and tried to import onto a test machine with the 1607 build and just did not work.

The desktop/display screen was missing two customized videos we created as Internet Shortcuts, but more importantly after the export the 1607 was not locked down as much at the 1511 test machine. What I mean is in 1511 a customer would not have been able to access via a right click on the start menu the Control panel, Command Box, etc. Plus in the 1607 they were able to run searches by clicking on the magnifying glass in the task bar to pretty much access anything on the device.

Our goal for the 1607 device is for it to have Automatic Sign on through Group Policy with the each machine in one OU in AD and having one user name for that OU as well. So after the Automatic Sign on the employee could show a costumer tiles that have been customized with out Content but a child or anyone else could not access games, internet, or delete our tiles.

We just don't understand why it worked on the test machine with Windows 10 1511 but back fired on the 1607 test machine. We have tried to Use AppLocker but that has caused some wrenches on our test machines as well so we were going through Group Policy instead. Any advice and or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

hag433, Oct 2, 2016

2. after Windows 10 update WIFI network set to public...

I changed to make my device discoverable but still shows as public.

surface pro 4 with windows 10 pro version 1607

2PauloCastro, Oct 2, 2016
  3. Store offline maps to SD Card

I am on the Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 pro, version 1607. And yes the issue persist even if I close settings, reboot the machine, reset the whole machine and reinstall the OS. This function has never worked for me.

Synckronize, Oct 2, 2016
Thema:

Customizing Surface Pro 4 for Showroom with Windows 10 version 1607

1. Customizing Surface Pro 4 for Showroom with Windows 10 version 1607 - Similar Threads - Customizing Surface Pro

2. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: I currently own a Surface Pro 4 i5/8gb/256gb that I am considering selling. I am planning to buy a used Surface Pro 4 that has i7/16gb/512gb as an upgrade. My question is: will I have to buy a copy of Windows 10 to install on the used Surface that I buy or do I somehow...
  3. New Surface Pro 4 firmware 103.2851.256.0 version Windows 10 Oct. 10 Surface

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 4 firmware 103.2851.256.0 version Windows 10 Oct. 10 Surface: Improvements and fixes in the update The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 4 devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface – Firmware – 103.2851.256.0 Surface Embedded...
  4. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  5. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  6. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: System and Firmware Update. 115195
  7. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  8. Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4: Quite a large system update available today. 47842
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: So when am I going to be able to get a nice fanless SP4 machine to match this nice Windows 10 build! My SP3 is great, but starting to feel slightly tired (keyboard is looking very worn out) and fan always spins. Time for a refresh soon once SP4 comes out! 8304