Windows 10: Customizing Windows Welcome in Windows 10

Discus and support Customizing Windows Welcome in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to configure the OOBE Windows Welcome guide and found this article on the topic; Configure Oobe.xml - Windows 10 hardware dev I find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by imaginthis, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Customizing Windows Welcome in Windows 10

Hi,

I want to configure the OOBE Windows Welcome guide and found this article on the topic;
    Configure Oobe.xml - Windows 10 hardware dev

I find it somewhat difficult to understand what structure is expected of the xml and have been looking everywhere for an example file. In Windows 7 a sample was provided with the AIK but I can't find a similar folder with sample files in ADK 10.

Has anyone figured out how to create the oobe.xml?

Thanks,

:)

imaginthis, Sep 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Sep 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Sep 28, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Customizing Windows Welcome in Windows 10

Hej Imaginthis, välkommen till Tio Forum *Smile

The localization script OOBE.XML has a very simple syntax. An example, let's set Welcome Mode defaults to:

OEM name: TenForums EULA file: TenForums_License_Agreement.rtf Language: 1053 (Swedish) Location: 221 (Sweden) Locale: 1053 (Sweden) Input language: 0000041d (Swedish) Timezone: Western Europe Standard Time (UTC+1) Daylight Saving: True
    The above makes the following oobe.xml file:

Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <FirstExperience> <oobe> <oem> <name>TenForums</name> <eulafilename>TenForums_License_Agreement.rtf</eulafilename> </oem> <defaults> <language>1053</language> <location>221</location> <locale>1053</locale> <keyboard>0000041d</keyboard> <timezone>W. Europe Standard Time</timezone> <adjustForDST>true</adjustForDST> </defaults> </oobe> </FirstExperience>[/quote] If deploying in single region & language:

• Save the oobe.xml as C:\Windows\System32\Oobe\Info\Oobe.xml, and the EULA (if needed) named as you wish with extension .rtf in the same folder before sysprepping and capturing the image.

If deploying for multiple regions & languages:

• Save each localized oobe.xml file in its own subfolder, for instance the Swedish oobe.xml as C:\Windows\System32\Oobe\Info\sv-se\Oobe.xml, (sv-se = Swedish in Sweden; for instance UK English would be en-uk and US English en-us). Again, save the localized EULA files (if needed) named as you wish with extension .rtf in the each region & language folder before sysprepping and capturing the image.

That's it!

References:

5. Thank you for the warm welcome and quick reply! *Smile

I'll try a multi regional deployment later this week using your excellent instructions!

Is it possible to make changes to the "Express settings" with the oobe.xml? I.e. make changes to what is selected by default when "Use express settings" is selected in Windows Welcome.

Thank you,

imaginthis, Sep 29, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    No. For that you need to use Windows System Image Manager and create an answer file taking care of those changes and settings (the old way), or the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer to do the same. Both Windows SIM and ICD are parts of the Windows ADK for Windows 10.

7. Alright, thank you! *Smile

imaginthis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Customizing Windows Welcome in Windows 10

1. Customizing Windows Welcome in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Customizing Welcome

2. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...: I am looking for a way to run a custom script which is located on my local drive when I receive a specific notification based on notification title? or from an edge notification from a specific url?I am using omnichannel on the CRM dynamics platform to receive phone calls in...
  3. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...: I am looking for a way to run a custom script which is located on my local drive when I receive a specific notification based on notification title? or from an edge notification from a specific url?I am using omnichannel on the CRM dynamics platform to receive phone calls in...
  4. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?: I want to be ablew to input my own custom dimensions for a pdf, specificly for example 9.0" x 9.0"or 3.375" x 2.125"or even 1" x 2' how could i go about doing that? ive looked this up before and all I see are default print options for physical printers...
  6. How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?: I want to be ablew to input my own custom dimensions for a pdf, specificly for example 9.0" x 9.0"or 3.375" x 2.125"or even 1" x 2' how could i go about doing that? ive looked this up before and all I see are default print options for physical printers...
  7. How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?

8. How could I talk to a customer service agent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How could I talk to a customer service agent?: Hello, I need help as soon as possible, I bought a Microsoft computer few months ago and I started experiencing issues with the computer. Like the computer freezes and does not work. I don't used it a lot it's brand new and I don't understand what the problem. I downloaded...
  9. How could I talk to a customer service agent?

How could I talk to a customer service agent?: Hello, I need help as soon as possible, I bought a Microsoft computer few months ago and I started experiencing issues with the computer. Like the computer freezes and does not work. I don't used it a lot it's brand new and I don't understand what the problem. I downloaded...
  10. Make Windows 10 greet you with a custom Welcome Voice Message & Sound

in Windows 10 News
    Make Windows 10 greet you with a custom Welcome Voice Message & Sound: [ATTACH]I remember when using Windows in the early days, there used to be so […] This article Make Windows 10 greet you with a custom Welcome Voice Message & Sound first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...