Windows 10: Cut and paste URLS only works in compatibilty mode (IE)

Discus and support Cut and paste URLS only works in compatibilty mode (IE) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there I seem to have problems in IE cutting and pasting URL links unless I'm in compatibility mode. Running W10 build 9879 with latest fixes... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Jan 14, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Cut and paste URLS only works in compatibilty mode (IE)

Hi there

I seem to have problems in IE cutting and pasting URL links unless I'm in compatibility mode. Running W10 build 9879 with latest fixes applied.

Not a big deal but just another thing to watch for in testing the OS.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 14, 2015
  2. Eauxmi Win User

Saved favorites

How can I insert a folder with many url's (ie release 10 favorites) into Edge? Cut and paste is only a dream.

Eauxmi, Jan 14, 2015
  3. hesantana Win User
    Desktop shortcuts in Edge browser

Right click DOES NOT work to create a short cut in Microsoft Edge. That works only in IE. I have several dozen short cuts created under IE. With ME I cannot do that. I still have to go to IE to create a short cut., a pain in the neck.

hesantana, Jan 14, 2015
  4. Cut and paste URLS only works in compatibilty mode (IE)

Hi,
    One question,
    Why and from where are you Cutting a url from instead of copying :/
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Jan 14, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

OK typo - I meant copying -- CTRL-C from the keyboard from the URL title. Then pasting say into the Forum thread in a post I just get a Blank. Compatibility mode works as it always used to - item gets pasted.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 17, 2015
  6. Okay,
    I can't say I ever had any issuing doing that with the right click menu lists
    Have you tried them instead of the keyboard keys ?
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Jan 19, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    Hi there

OK typo - I meant copying -- CTRL-C from the keyboard from the URL title. Then pasting say into the Forum thread in a post I just get a Blank. Compatibility mode works as it always used to - item gets pasted.

Cheers
    jimbo I just discovered I have it, too, Jimbo!

When I'm reading and want to reply, not even the smileys will show up when I click on them. I tried to cut and paste (Ctrl+C; Ctrl+V) and that doesn't work either. I lowered the security setting in Internet Options, but that didn't do any good.

Wynona, Feb 4, 2015
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

I don't have that problem. I can copy URLs from and paste to the IE.

9. I don't see any issue either
    Neither of y'all are showing any system spec's although did y'all add No Script or something like that ?
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Feb 5, 2015
  10. Wynona Win User
    I have Windows 10 on two laptops, Thrash, and haven't gotten around to putting specs in for either of them. I don't want to give specs for my 17" because it will be going back to my son-in-law when my new one gets here. And this one will probably go back into reserve then.

BTW, I hadn't noticed that the problem doesn't happen on this 15.6" laptop; only the 17", which I corrected by using compatible mode like Jimbo did.

Wynona, Feb 5, 2015
  11. Hi y'all both might try using Alt+TB and uncheck both boxes for comp-view lists from Microsoft,
    After that use Alt+TD delete browser history and check all of the boxes except for the very top and the third from the top Cookies and delete.
    Close ie and re-open and see what happens,
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cut and paste URLS only works in compatibilty mode (IE) - Similar Threads - Cut paste URLS

2. Cut and Paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cut and Paste: Windows 10 on Dell PC. Why does cut and paste keep failing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/9d22a4c0-5284-460f-8a4e-18aecdcf4645
  3. cut and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cut and paste: i cant cut and paste into the dialogue below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/84333e3a-c893-4447-a22e-85d42636b371
  4. compatibilty mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    compatibilty mode: my computer was updated from windows 8 to 10 home ages and ages ago. Have a design program which says only new features work only with windows 10, I have checked the version on my pc and all updates done and says am running windows 10 home, but if i check the programme...
  5. Cut, Copy, and Paste not working

Cut, Copy, and Paste not working: Asking a question about my son's Lenovo laptop. Cut, Copy, and paste not working. Other hotkey combos that I know appear to be working correctly. This is an issue in Google docs, Word, Notepad, and other programs. I can access his clipboard with CTRL + V and see the...
  6. cut and paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cut and paste: hello i am a user of windows 10 but from the last 2 months the cut copy and paste option is not working properly please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/e427f24d-0525-4807-9603-50dddf0f00d3
  7. copy, cut and paste not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy, cut and paste not working: No matter what I try to do, I can't manipulate folders by cut, copy and paste. It is this way on the desktop, windows explorer and all programs. So far I have reset Windows 10, did a bare metal install of windows 10, and it will still not work. This last time, right after...
  8. compatibilty mode

compatibilty mode: When will Microsoft fix compatibility troubleshooter, for at present it very definitely does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibilty-mode/47a9c7dd-c2ab-4636-8455-3bd203c2c2c8
  9. Unable to cut and paste in one folder only.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to cut and paste in one folder only.: Recently in my media folder "/I/Sort"I cannot move, copy or cut. It looks like I can cut but there is no paste option when I want to paste in another folder under /I/Sort. I can however Copy and then paste into "/I" but not /I/Sort/*". The permissions look identical on my...
  10. Cut and paste in Works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cut and paste in Works: I've long had the problem that cutting text in Word or Excel and trying to paste in a Works database produces just <<Picture>> in the box (there's a thread on that). Now it's putting <<Picture>> in the box even with a simple cut & paste from the adjacent field....