Windows 10: Cut or Copy and Paste

Discus and support Cut or Copy and Paste in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you copy or paste from one document to another in Windows 10? Thanks. 48387 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fjny, Apr 24, 2016.

1. fjny Win User

Cut or Copy and Paste

How do you copy or paste from one document to another in Windows 10? Thanks.

:)

2. patc---01 Win User

Cut and Paste or Simply Contact Copy

You can use cut & paste.

You need to open the contact in edit mode, then copy the number you want by holding the pencil button, highlighting the number and selecting "Copy".

Open up a message and in the body, press the pencil and select "Paste".

Sending a business card is probably quicker, though Cut or Copy and Paste ;)

patc---01, Apr 24, 2016
  3. Cut and Paste or Simply Contact Copy

Say I want to send a mate the number of another mate is my only option to send a business card? I cant seem to find a way of just simply putting a persons number into a new text. Is there [a way]?

longshanks---01, Apr 24, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Cut or Copy and Paste

Select the text you want to copy or cut with mouse, right click the selection and select either Copy or Cut. Notice that Cut is only available if the document or other source is editable; if you have no rights to edit the document (for example web pages), the Cut option is not available.

Now go to document where you want to paste, right click and select Paste.

Instead of right clicking and selecting option from a menu you can also use the keyboard shortcuts. CTRL + C (press and hold down CTRL key, press C, release both keys) copies the selection, CTRL + X cuts it, and CTRL + V will paste it.

You can also select using keyboard shortcuts. Click document where you want to start marking / selecting, hold down the SHIFT key and use arrow keys to extend the selection. When ready, release the SHIFT key and use above mentioned other shortcuts to copy or cut.

To select all, for instance all text in a document, use keyboard shortcut CTRL + A. The ESC key clears the selection.

5. fjny Win User
    Kari

Many thanks. I really appreciate your quick reply.

Frank

fjny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cut or Copy and Paste

1. Cut or Copy and Paste - Similar Threads - Cut Copy Paste

2. cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer'

in Windows 10 Customization
    cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer': cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cutcopypaste-disable-in-file-explorer/2d5da5c7-e22a-48e0-922b-f5535697c0d6
  3. Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>: I'd like to cut & paste some User files including Appdata and possible user files from C to D. Does that cause any problems?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copycut-paste-appdata-files/9284a01f-bbd1-4f17-80b6-99dbcb11fae0
  4. Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>: I'd like to cut & paste some User files including Appdata and possible user files from C to D. Does that cause any problems?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copycut-paste-appdata-files/9284a01f-bbd1-4f17-80b6-99dbcb11fae0
  5. Copy/Cut - Paste Appdata files>

6. Cut, Copy, and Paste not working

Cut, Copy, and Paste not working: Asking a question about my son's Lenovo laptop. Cut, Copy, and paste not working. Other hotkey combos that I know appear to be working correctly. This is an issue in Google docs, Word, Notepad, and other programs. I can access his clipboard with CTRL + V and see the...
  7. copy, cut and paste not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy, cut and paste not working: No matter what I try to do, I can't manipulate folders by cut, copy and paste. It is this way on the desktop, windows explorer and all programs. So far I have reset Windows 10, did a bare metal install of windows 10, and it will still not work. This last time, right after...
  8. cut or copy and paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cut or copy and paste: I use to be able to cut and paste by highlighting and right clicking. Now I can highlight but when I right click this option is no longer available. What happened to my cut, copy and paste and how can I get them back?...
  9. robocopy cli equivalent to Windows copy/paste or cut/paste

in Windows 10 Support
    robocopy cli equivalent to Windows copy/paste or cut/paste: I normally use the built-in file copying program into Windows when I backup my data disks. Then I started to use TeraCopy which was great but then I wanted to take things to the next level. Why? Because who doesn't like to complicate things? I copied all my data from my...
  10. cut copy paste

in Windows 10 Support
    cut copy paste: Before update 14383 I used my mouse for cut. copy, paste. After this update that disappeared. Why 55859