Windows 10: Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser

Discus and support Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Toady, the lead developer of Cyberfox proclaimed the death of the web browser in an article entitled Cyberfox and its future direction. Cyberfox is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by lehnerus2000, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser

Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser - gHacks Tech News

:)

lehnerus2000, Mar 7, 2017
  2. Divio Win User

Winhlp32 for Windows 10

Hm... - on my computer, the download is blocked either by Windows Defender or by my Cyberfox browser saying that this file contains malware or spyware...

Divio, Mar 7, 2017
  3. Windows forgets my default browser

This problem has worsened day by day. Like many other Windows 10 features, the behaviour changes daily.

For years I’ve used Firefox or a derivative as my default browser. Recently that has been Cyberfox. Between December and March, that was fine. However, in March, Windows forget that Cyberfox was my default. It vanished from the browser list, and Cyberfox
    then kept bugging me to set it as the default browser. I couldn’t, as it stopped showing up in the list.

When I clicked on a link in my email program (Eudora), I had to select my choice of browser each time. Strangely, if I selected ‘Internet Explorer’ (not Edge), Windows 10 would assume that that was Cyberfox, and the links would open correctly. However, IE
    doesn’t appear in my browser list, probably for the basic reason that it isn’t installed.

The list of browsers has been shrinking by the day. Edge, still installed, vanished from it today. Basically, it seems the list of browsers I can choose shrinks day by day and my actual choice won’t stick.

Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser [​IMG]

The fourth image would look just like the first: no default is selected.

I have to say this is the most forgetful operating system ever. This isn’t the only place where Windows 10 has forgotten settings, or, for that matter, the choices I should have among those settings. I’m surprised your own Edge browser is no longer in that
    list.

So: what is the solution? Is there a registry tweak somewhere?

Jack Yan, Jack Yan & Associates, Mar 7, 2017
  4. shimshom Win User

Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser

Thanks for the heads up and that's sad news as has been my main browser for ages without any issues

shimshom, Mar 7, 2017
  5. That is no good. I used to use Cyberfox until I started using Chrome. It was always a good browser, faster than the official Firefox, especially when using the 64bit browser built for your CPU.

ArazelEternal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser

1. Cyberfox author proclaims death of web browser - Similar Threads - Cyberfox author proclaims

2. web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  3. web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  4. web browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Glitches on web browser

Glitches on web browser: Hi,I had this problem for a few days, and it doesn't seem to go away. When there are pictures on the screen, sometimes they're all glitched. It can appear on any website, it's even there when I look at my google photos. I included some screenshots to give you an idea.Hope...
  6. Web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser: When I open Chrome which is my default web browser I am getting a different browser layered on top of it called New Radio Cast. I don't know what I did to add it, I am guessing that it is an add on extension, I don't want it and I can't figure out how to delete it. It...
  7. Web browser.

Web browser.: So on 4/6/20 I was downloading something online and it downloaded a web browser that i could not get rid of. So I uninstalled the app and problem solved, Then I ran a full virus scan and it came beck good. But then today I notice the app is back so i imedantly run a virus...
  8. Encrypt web browser

Encrypt web browser: I want to delete the encrypt web browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-web-browser/d7349cbb-9672-4bd7-8d1a-48eabf0bc7ac
  9. Cyberfox Web Browser Flash Is Missing

Cyberfox Web Browser Flash Is Missing: I am testing out Cyberfox web browser it is a Firefox clone this browser is missing flash player where do I get a copy of it for this browser?? Flash is already installed on the computer I just need to get it working for this browser.
  10. Default browser change to Cyberfox

in Browsers and Email
    Default browser change to Cyberfox: Only Firefox is listed in Windows 10 browser change options - would I be able to change to Cyberfox which I prefer. If so, how, please? 10843