Windows 10: CyberLink Media Player 14 keeps locking up then shuts down

Discus and support CyberLink Media Player 14 keeps locking up then shuts down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows 10, CyberLink Media Player 14 keeps locking up, on my HP-15 laptop, then shuts down with an error message-"Can't read a file on disc",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fay A. Sedore, Aug 13, 2018.

1. CyberLink Media Player 14 keeps locking up then shuts down

My Windows 10, CyberLink Media Player 14 keeps locking up, on my HP-15 laptop, then shuts down with an error message-"Can't read a file on disc", yet when I replay the disc the next day it will work fine all the way through. It happens sporadically. When it refuses to play the DVD, I've tried to put in another DVD, but it won't play. It says "No media available". Frustrating and exasperating! Only suggestion from Windows was to reset everything, delete every app, including my FREE Student Microsoft Office that I might not be able to get back again. and then, maybe, it would start up and shut down better. That is not my problem. The problem is with CyberLink Media Player &/or Windows, something along that line. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Moved from: Music, Movies & TV / Windows Media Player

:)

Fay A. Sedore, Aug 13, 2018

2. Cyberlink media player 14

Cyberlink media player 14 can it rip music or movies?

Waldo Brownlee, Aug 13, 2018
  3. changing my default player from cyberlink powerdvd 14 to windows media player i Windows 10

Hello,

CyberLink PowerDVD 14 is a third party program. You may change the default player by simply following these steps:

• Open the Video Files.
    • Right click on Properties; then click on Change.
    • Select Windows Media Player from the list; then click
      OK
    • Click on Apply; then click OK.

Let us know if you need anything.

Vanessa Oca, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Nininger Win User

CyberLink Media Player 14 keeps locking up then shuts down

Cyberlink Power Media Player 14

I have a new laptop with Windows 10-64. It came with Cyberlink Power Media Player 14 as (I assume) the newest way to display pictures, dvds, etc. I have a DVD of old movies that I had made which was also made so that it could be copied. I put the new DVD
    in after running the "movie dvd" and then told the computer to BURN a new copy. I inserted a DVD+R which it formatted and then sounded like it copied the movie onto it. When the disc drive stopped running, I ejected it and then brought up Cyberlink Power Media
    Player 14 to run the new disc to see if the movie copied correctly. It started to run and then a message popped up on its screen which said that the disc in question was not an acceptable type of disc.

Some further research in Cyberlink listed various types of discs that were acceptable. It said that DVD-VR and DVD+VR were acceptable discs. Those types of discs don't seem to be on sale anywhere and Best Buy Geek Squad has no clue as to why my new copied
    disc on DVD-R won't run either.

Any ideas or what I do next?

Note: The" categories" and "product" below are not correct but I had to chose something and these were the closest to my problem.

Nininger, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

CyberLink Media Player 14 keeps locking up then shuts down

1. CyberLink Media Player 14 keeps locking up then shuts down - Similar Threads - CyberLink Media Player

2. Cyberlink Power Media Player issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cyberlink Power Media Player issues: i am trying to install power media player but it is not showing after installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cyberlink-power-media-player-issues/bbc43e73-b101-417f-aa66-c61b2b44f82a
  3. Cyberlink Power Media Player issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cyberlink Power Media Player issues: i am trying to install power media player but it is not showing after installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cyberlink-power-media-player-issues/bbc43e73-b101-417f-aa66-c61b2b44f82a
  4. Receiving message Cyberlink Media player playing or on

Receiving message Cyberlink Media player playing or on: I keep getting a message that my cyberlink media player is playing or is on and I cannot get it to turn of. I do not have a control button for it that I can find, how do I get it to turn off? ***Modified title from: cyberlink media player***...
  5. cyberlink media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cyberlink media player: I keep getting a message that my cyberlink media player is playing or is on and I cannot get it to turn of. I do not have a control button for it that I can find, how do I get it to turn off?...
  6. Windows Media Player 14

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player 14: Hello! About a year ago my computer stopped playing concert DVD's that had always worked before. It now gives me the message of " Your version of Power DVD doesn't support this feature" along with a promotion to purchase an upgrade. I had made no changes to my system at all...
  7. lock-up at shut-down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lock-up at shut-down: My computer in Windows 10 locks up at shut-down and I have to manually turn it off. How do I regain normal shut-down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-up-at-shut-down/ce811795-053c-4254-ba88-ba9adbb60ec3
  8. Technology and Cyberlink Media Player Survey

Technology and Cyberlink Media Player Survey: Survey Question: What are the pros and cons of having Cyberlink Media Player on a Laptop? I purchased a "latest and greatest" laptop with Windows 10 this week, and am deciding on whether or not to add it to my computer. Thanks....
  9. Cyberlink and Media Survailence

Cyberlink and Media Survailence: Recently I experienced a four day Internet outage. Cyberlink is my only video player. During the outage I could not play any DVD videos. I find it distressing that Cyberlink seems to be tracking my viewing down to the minute or less. Do other such media players do the...
  10. Cyberlink and Media Survailence

in Windows 10 Support
    Cyberlink and Media Survailence: Recently I experienced a four day Internet outage. Cyberlink is my only video player. During the outage I could not play any DVD videos. I find it distressing that Cyberlink seems to be tracking my viewing down to the minute or less. Do other such media players do the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power media player 14 for dell freezes

2. power media player keeps freezing

3. restart media player 14

4. power media player keeps freezing up,
  5. cyberlink media player 14 keeps freezing,
  6. cyberlink multimedia player keeps freezing