Windows 10: cygwin fails with dll rebase problem. Complete cygwin reinstall fails

Discus and support cygwin fails with dll rebase problem. Complete cygwin reinstall fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; cygwin is required for my environment. It's been working fine with the Win10 beta releases. Is there a quick fix available ... otherwise I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dickdunbar, Jul 29, 2015.

1. cygwin fails with dll rebase problem. Complete cygwin reinstall fails

cygwin is required for my environment.
    It's been working fine with the Win10 beta releases.
    Is there a quick fix available ... otherwise I have to revert to beta quickly.

July 30 Updates resolved the problem.

:)

dickdunbar, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 cmd, daemon start in toolbar, task manager, all start with ~10 second delay

I'm now thinking this condition is caused by invoking cygwin, or even just installing cygwin. Perhaps something cygwin does to change the normal Windows process startup actions.

So even though I caused this 10-sec slow process start condition to re-occur, I can also continue to fix it by invoking Restore (and Restore still fails, and the 10-sec slow start is eliminated!).

Richard Altmaier, Jul 29, 2015
  3. LAPIII Win User
    At the command line, I can't use driveryquery!

I installed cygwin and mustn't have gotten the package.

LAPIII, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

cygwin fails with dll rebase problem. Complete cygwin reinstall fails

1. cygwin fails with dll rebase problem. Complete cygwin reinstall fails - Similar Threads - cygwin fails dll

2. Reset failed to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset failed to complete: I initiate reset in my PC using both settings and windows recovery however it will stuck at 99 percent then restart the computer. It will load and the restart will take some time to finish but after that the reset will not complete. It will straightly go to sign in page and...
  3. recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,: ok so i have a asus z97a motherboard , i54690k CPU .i went to overclock it and it started saying that there was an issue with my framework, i cant remember the exact error i got , i tried to reinstall the 3.5 framework and it wouldn't install so i did a restore on my computer...
  4. recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,: ok so i have a asus z97a motherboard , i54690k CPU .i went to overclock it and it started saying that there was an issue with my framework, i cant remember the exact error i got , i tried to reinstall the 3.5 framework and it wouldn't install so i did a restore on my computer...
  5. recovery failed, system image failed, reinstall failed,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Cygwin can't execute Windows binary … command not found even though the path is correct

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cygwin can't execute Windows binary … command not found even though the path is correct: I've just installed Cygwin & Python 3.9 to Windows 10. Both are working just fine. However, when I try to execute python in Cygwin, I'm getting command not found error. wolf@win10 ~ $ python3 -bash: python3: command not found Anyway, I've already installed python2.7...
  7. Win 10 cygwin make failure

Win 10 cygwin make failure: I get the following error while compiling with make. This issue observed when I upgraded Desktop from Win 7 to Win 10. [main] t:\gen\gnu\99-11-01\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1068 0 sync_with_child: child 10560x1EC died before initialization with status code 0x1...
  8. Cygwin, I have problems even installing it this time!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cygwin, I have problems even installing it this time!: Esta é uma pergunta para o Cygwin virtuosi. Tentei quatro vezes instalar o Cygwin usando o programa que baixei do Cygwin.com. Eu acho que é chamado de setup-x86_64.exe. Cada uma das quatro vezes, no final da instalação, aparece uma caixa que informa, sem incerteza, quais...
  9. How to upgrade cygwin/ SendFiles1.exe file to 64-bit program

How to upgrade cygwin/ SendFiles1.exe file to 64-bit program: I have a folder called Cygwin created by ex employee. It works on 32-bit systems but not working on 64-bit system. I have installed Cygwin 64bit, but still not working. Not sure how to fix it. There is exe file we use to run, SendFiles1.exe it is not working. Not sure...
  10. cygwin rsync broken after Windows update

cygwin rsync broken after Windows update: rsync /tmp/test.log /cygdrive/c/temp/ rsync: pipe: Connection timed out (116) rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(122) [sender=3.1.2] It used to work very well. Is it because some new process prevent rsync from working, or is it because some back-end...