Windows 10: D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart

Discus and support D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have SSD of 111g and a hard disk of 930gb, it was all fine until 1.5 weeks ago my drive d started disappearing and it keeps disappearing the only way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mohd-hussain, Sep 16, 2021.

1. D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart

I have SSD of 111g and a hard disk of 930gb, it was all fine until 1.5 weeks ago my drive d started disappearing and it keeps disappearing the only way to have it back is for me to restart the laptop and, I have removed the bad sectors I have formatted it and have changed the name of the disk but it is still a problem. also if the drive is gone then in device manger it shows that the drive has been disconnected code 45 and to fix it reconnect the drive, this is strange because it is an internal hard disk and there is no wiring problem that I have checked from a shop. plz tell how can I fix it

:)

mohd-hussain, Sep 16, 2021
  2. little cat, Sep 16, 2021
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 16, 2021
  4. wfsCA Win User

D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart

Deleted folder reappears on restart

I have shift-deleted my Users folder on Drive D:. However, it reappears when I restart Windows 10. I am using the Users folder on my C: drive.

I know it's gone. When I restart the folder isn't there but it does show up a minute or so later with the current date and time.

How can I delete this folder permanently? I have tried various suggestions from MS and other forums but none seem to work. Running Microsoft Safety Scanner showed no corrupted files.

Bill

wfsCA, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart

1. D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart - Similar Threads - drive keeps disconnecting

2. SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.: I have two 2T SSD drives that disappear only after a restart. I need to use the shut down option to make them reappear. I have checked the bios after the restart and the drives are not showing up in the bios. Once I do a shutdown and power the computer back up, both drives...
  3. D drive disappears then reappears after restart

D drive disappears then reappears after restart: My D drive keeps on disappearing after boot then reappearing after restart. I've already contacted microsoft support multiple times and all of their solutions only worked for a few days at best. Is there any way to prevent D drive from disappearing again?...
  4. SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart: This is the same symptoms as described in: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-drive-disconnects-after-reboot-in-windows/32bbc026-97a9-4583-9f6e-2a9198351c4f But since it is locked, i am "resurrecting" it here. I have two mapped drive to a windows...
  5. Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!: I've installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on a separate SSD (Z:) which I managed to configure correctly on the second attempt. For some reason there is an empty Program Files folder containing an empty ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I deleted the Program Files folder by taking...
  6. Files keep reappearing after deleting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files keep reappearing after deleting: When I delete a file, it appears to be fine, but not long after it reappears on desktop again, along with older deleted files. Permanent deletion won't work either. How do I fix this issue?...
  7. D drive keeps disappearing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    D drive keeps disappearing.: Every time I download something on my D drive it simply disappears, although once I restart my computer its there again. This would not be as big of a problem if the thing I'm downloading did not have to restart. Does anybody know a solution to this issue? submitted by...
  8. Hidden folders in root of drive keep reappearing after deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden folders in root of drive keep reappearing after deletion: There are two folders in the root of my D: SSD and now in My Documents folder. The names change after deletion and the files within these folders are random. Files: 6HVxq.mdb arbergearbelt.sql cream offer points.doc diverse mail reproduce.pem entries.rod.rtf fruit...
  9. Wifi option keeps disappearing, and again reappears after shutdown ,and restarting the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi option keeps disappearing, and again reappears after shutdown ,and restarting the...: I have been facing this problem since a long time.I have tried every solution from updating drivers to network reset ,and windows refresh. Network trouble shooters says that Wifi driver is missing In device manager wifi driver is shown under hidden devices ,shows as if wifi...
  10. Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart

Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart: Hello, I have a problem with my HDD hard drive inside PC. I bought it 8 months ago and everything worked fine but since 3 weeks i have a problem while playing games or using PC it crashes and when i go to "This PC" local disc HDD is missing and the only way to make it appear...