Windows 10: Daily BSOD: Various Errors - Possibly AMD Driver-related

Discus and support Daily BSOD: Various Errors - Possibly AMD Driver-related in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a machine here that seems to be BSODing on a (roughly) daily basis at random. There seem to be a couple different crashes occurring, but they're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by REWJake, Aug 23, 2016.

1. REWJake Win User

Daily BSOD: Various Errors - Possibly AMD Driver-related

I have a machine here that seems to be BSODing on a (roughly) daily basis at random. There seem to be a couple different crashes occurring, but they're likely related. It seems to happen more often when the machine is coming out of sleep mode, but is intermittent enough that it's tough to determine. I've already tried using the Driver Verifier as seen in my minidumps, but can't seem to nail it down. This is a new Windows install, as I was seeing this issue on the previous install.

Ran memtest86 overnight, Dell's BIOS diags, and Prime 95/FurMark for 4-8 hours all with no faults.

I am happy to provide more information as required.

Edit: This machine is the same as the one in my profile, except we've replaced the HDD with a Samsung Evo 850, and it's running 32GB RAM.

:)

REWJake, Aug 23, 2016
  2. johnptd Win User

Constant BSODs

1. Are you using an XBox 360 Game Controller? The topmost item from BlueScreenView list refers to xusb22.sys possibly causing the BSOD. This driver is related to that device.

2. Further down there is another reference to dxgmms2.sys. There appear to be a number of reports of issues with this driver using games with a nVidia video card on Windows 10 although it appears you have an AMD video card.

3. Below that is a BSOD apparently caused by atikmdag.sys which is related to your AMD Radeon video card. You might try getting the latest drivers for your video card and see if that helps.

JohnD

johnptd, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Constant BSODs possibly related to Drivers

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    BSOD Finding and fixing them
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 23, 2016
  4. REWJake Win User

New BSOD from this afternoon, disregard previous.

Apparently I hadn't done the November update, so I did that and eventually was treated with this BSOD this afternoon.

REWJake, Aug 24, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Please remove either of your memory sticks, running mixed memory can cause various of problems that can be difficult to diagnose properly. Please know that it does not matter if your running this setup for a long period.
    Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0041h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0040h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 8192MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator DIMM3 Bank Locator [String Not Specified] Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer 8502 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number PSD38G16002 [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0043h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0040h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 8192MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator DIMM1 Bank Locator [String Not Specified] Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer 8502 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number PSD38G16002 [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0045h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0040h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 8192MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator DIMM4 Bank Locator [String Not Specified] Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer 85F7 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number F641GU67G1600G [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0047h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0040h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 8192MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator DIMM2 Bank Locator [String Not Specified] Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1600MHz Manufacturer 8502 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number PSD38G16002[/quote]
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

Daily BSOD: Various Errors - Possibly AMD Driver-related [​IMG]

6. REWJake Win User
    System specs updated. Removed offending RAM, it looks like Patriot rebranded an existing stick as it didn't match the others in the set.

Got 2 more BSODs after changing the RAM. I have re-run the log collector and attached it.

REWJake, Aug 24, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Daily BSOD: Various Errors - Possibly AMD Driver-related - Similar Threads - Daily BSOD Various

2. BSOD daily - various issues unsure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD daily - various issues unsure: Hi,Hope someone can help me. In the last month or so, my PC has been crashing to the BSOD daily, sometimes more than daily. The stop codes have been inconsistant. Memory Management comes up most often, with Unexpected Store Exception Kernal Data InPage Error also coming up. I...
  3. Getting various different BSODs daily

Getting various different BSODs daily: My computer has been having problems for a bit so I reinstalled windows recently but I'm still getting random BSOD all with different error codes. Here are error codes for 4-5ish past days. I anyone could help figure it out that would be awesome. 0x000000ef 0x0000007e...
  4. BSOD errors that are driver related

BSOD errors that are driver related: Hi, I'm getting tons of BSOD errors that I believe are driver related, but cannot find out which drivers are causing it. I have done a full system clean, and started from scratch, but still getting BSOD about once a day. Attaching dump files here:...
  5. Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS

Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS: Hey all, Recently I've been having issues with BSODs that appear to be coming from my graphics card, but I've no real way to check and make sure so wanted to get an opinion or two on what to do. Google Drive link to zip file:...
  6. Various blue screens (possibly related to WLAN driver, netr28x.sys)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Various blue screens (possibly related to WLAN driver, netr28x.sys): Hello! It's been posted quite a bunch of times, because it seems that I'm not the only one having problems with this particular driver for Ralink (MediaTek owned) chips RT2860, RT3290, possibly some others that were manufactured between 2013 and 2015, whose latest drivers...
  7. BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers

BSOD with VPN - possibly related to network drivers: Hi, I am experiencing BSOD on the University network-eduroam, which have not happened before. It happens few minutes after I am connected to my Okayfreedom VPN, but I do not have this problem at home with my wifi which is strange. There is no problems without the VPN...
  8. Multiple daily BSOD's on a new build with various different errors.

Multiple daily BSOD's on a new build with various different errors.: Earlier in the month I built a new PC for the Wife and I. I use it for gaming and she uses it for video editing. We have been getting random BSODs almost since day one, but they seem more frequent now for some reason. I would like to think I have a decent amount of PC...
  9. BSOD Various video related crashes

BSOD Various video related crashes: I've been having a problem for a while of various crashes when it comes to watching videos on chrome for a while or in the middle of playing games. Sometimes the computer just shuts off completely like a light but always after a bit of time in a video or game. I'm not...
  10. Random BSODs with various bug checks, possibly a driver is at fault.

Random BSODs with various bug checks, possibly a driver is at fault.: For the past few days someone I know has been getting various bsods at random times. Whether it be sitting idle or playing a game. I've been using teamviewer and I have been trying to figure out what the deal is for a few days now and I can't figure out what's going on here....