Windows 10: Daily BSOD

Discus and support Daily BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had fairly frequent BSOD when running window 7 and never had a resolution in 7forum. Tested memory and stressed drivers. I switched to windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sheisel, Mar 21, 2016.

1. sheisel Win User

Daily BSOD

I had fairly frequent BSOD when running window 7 and never had a resolution in 7forum. Tested memory and stressed drivers. I switched to windows 10 and everything went well for quite a while. I now have very frequent BSOD and it seems to have started since the last 10 update. Got a message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ndis.sys). Posting zip files from last week or so. Any help greatly appreciated.

Scott

:)

sheisel, Mar 21, 2016

2. Daily BSOD

You may get help by asking questions in the Nvidia forums. The problem for me is that I do not know how to locate the latest nvstor driver on the Nvidia web site:

https://forums.geforce.com/

Gerry C J Cornell, Mar 21, 2016
  3. mzaccone Win User
    Daily BSOD

Thanks for the reply. Any possible workarounds or suggestions? If Windows 7 is the best option that's what I'll probably do but I'm willing to try some workarounds if there are any.

mzaccone, Mar 21, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Daily BSOD

Code: OS Version: 10.0.10240 N/A Build 10240[/quote] Update your installation to the most recent version 10586.
    Is the tool you used from the Windows 7 Help Forums? If so, download the tool from BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums next time you need to run it. There are changes with Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1/10 regarding the data that is collected.

5. sheisel Win User
    Thank you axe0. I have gotten the new dm log collector. Sorry about that, but yes, it was the windows 7 collector. I tried at one point to get the 10586 build, but had trouble with it. Can't remember now what it was, but will try again.

Thanks again.

Scott

sheisel, Mar 21, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    In case you get trouble again, let me know *Smile

7. sheisel Win User
    After updating to 10586 version I had another error. Attached is the log using the new collector.

Scott

sheisel, Mar 22, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Daily BSOD

Update your BIOS to F7 and run driver verifier after updating Malwarebytes, the sound drivers and chipset drivers.

GIGABYTE - Moederbord - Socket 1150 - GA-H81M-HD3 (rev. 1.0)

Daily BSOD [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    Daily BSOD [​IMG]
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Daily BSOD [​IMG]
    Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Daily BSOD [​IMG]
    Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

9. sheisel Win User
    Hi axe0,

FYI - I had trouble with the BIOS like you gave. I was able to download and extract everything, but windows would let me run it. Got it done using GIGABYTE's @BIOS tool.

Also updated Malwarebytes, and the drivers you noted.

Started driver verifier according to tutorial. Had a meltdown with error - Attempted_Write_to_readonly_memory... Log attached.

Thanks for all your help.

Scott

sheisel, Mar 23, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    No driver flagged when a crash is caused by driver verifier often results in hardware problems.
    Code: DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP[/quote] Based on the crash type, result of driver verifier and below (write access fault), I'd say your memory is faulty.
    You could test your memory using MemTest86+ to verify it, although it isn't always correct when it shows no errors, read carefully the instructions if you do.
    Code: 2: kd> !pte 8000000000900121 VA 8000000000900121 PXE at FFFFF6FB7DBED000 PPE at FFFFF6FB7DA00000 PDE at FFFFF6FB40000020 PTE at FFFFF68000004800 contains 07B000017A3FE867 contains 0000000000000000 pfn 17a3fe ---DA--UWEV not valid WARNING: noncanonical VA, accesses will fault ![/quote]

Daily BSOD [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    Daily BSOD [​IMG]
    RAM TEST

Daily BSOD [​IMG]
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Daily BSOD [​IMG]
    Note
    Daily BSOD [​IMG]

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
    Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

11. sheisel Win User
    Hi axe0,

This makes a lot of sense. I suspected memory when I had problems in windows 7, but extensive testing did not show a problem. I will take the memory back to where I purchased it and make this as solved.

Thanks again!

Scott

sheisel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Daily BSOD

1. Daily BSOD - Similar Threads - Daily BSOD

2. BSOD Daily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Daily: Hi,For couple of months, I got daily BSOD on my PC. Sometimes when it's idle. Usually, it's IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Here's attached the recent dump files and some information about my PC.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlKZOLMYo_hPh2Br-891SibFzZIY?e=pGSfObHope...
  3. BSOD Daily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Daily: Hi,For couple of months, I got daily BSOD on my PC. Sometimes when it's idle. Usually, it's IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Here's attached the recent dump files and some information about my PC.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlKZOLMYo_hPh2Br-891SibFzZIY?e=pGSfObHope...
  4. Daily BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily BSOD: Hello,I am getting a BSOD every day around the same time 4-5 AM for the past week or two. For your convenience, I have uploaded the Minidumps here: MemDumpsWhat I have tried:Updating all driversUpgrading to Windows 11Memtest came back cleanverifier put me in a BSOD loop,...
  5. Daily BSOD

Daily BSOD: Hello,I am getting a BSOD every day around the same time 4-5 AM for the past week or two. For your convenience, I have uploaded the Minidumps here: MemDumpsWhat I have tried:Updating all driversUpgrading to Windows 11Memtest came back cleanverifier put me in a BSOD loop,...
  6. Daily BSODs, help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSODs, help!: Hello, I'm struggling to figure out what is causing daily BSODs, the codes are all different.. I believe the issues started in earnest when I installed a new WiFi receiver GIGABYTE WiFi 6E GC-WBAX210. Typically the system crashes when I'm in Excel, but sometimes it happens...
  7. Daily BSOD on a 4800H laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily BSOD on a 4800H laptop: I have a Asus TUF A15 4800H, with 1650Ti GPU. Lately it has BSOD almost daily. The error is related to IRQ or something. Sometimes the screen just black out I can still see the screen is on, just black out, without cursor. Here's some...
  8. Daily BSOD on a 4800H laptop

Daily BSOD on a 4800H laptop: I have a Asus TUF A15 4800H, with 1650Ti GPU. Lately it has BSOD almost daily. The error is related to IRQ or something. Sometimes the screen just black out I can still see the screen is on, just black out, without cursor. Here's some...
  9. Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.: I now am seeing tons of BSOD failures. I reinstalled windows hoping this would fix the problem. I now see that it hasn't, so I present the following minidump. If anyone can deduce the point of failure from this info I will be forever in your debt....
  10. Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.

Recently built a PC from all new parts except GPU. Now I suffer daily BSoD with various codes.: I now am seeing tons of BSOD failures. I reinstalled windows hoping this would fix the problem. I now see that it hasn't, so I present the following minidump. If anyone can deduce the point of failure from this info I will be forever in your debt....