Windows 10: Daily BSODs, brand new HD and windows 10

Discus and support Daily BSODs, brand new HD and windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a new HD and have a fresh install of Windows 10 on it. It's less than a week old. I get a BSOD about once a day. They all appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dang111, Sep 16, 2015.

1. dang111 Win User

Daily BSODs, brand new HD and windows 10

Hi,

I recently got a new HD and have a fresh install of Windows 10 on it. It's less than a week old. I get a BSOD about once a day. They all appear to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Googling suggests that this is usually caused by bad RAM. I've run memtest86, and all 4 of the RAM sticks pass individually but surprisingly fail with all 4 in. If I have 3 in they all pass memtest. Any thoughts? Zip file attached as per instructions.

:)

dang111, Sep 16, 2015

2. Trying to resolve a dxgmms2.sys bsod that occurs while playing Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Cycles through this bsod while trying to play. Windows is updated and the dxdiag shows DX12.

Windows 10 home

16RAM

nVidia 1070 mini

DDO is on the 2TB HD

HD was checked overnight, no issues. Drivers checked, including nVidia, all up to date. Load DDO, play, eventual bsod. This is a new problem as of the last Windows update.

whitepawn(2), Sep 16, 2015
  3. At the end of my rope....

So let me give you the whole story from the beginning-

I had win 7 home on this machine (home built) for 4 years. Never had an issue or problem. Added another 16gigs of ram, and got win 7 pro.. still no problems... Then did the win10 upgrade - and now its BSOD after BSOD. I have had 9 or 10 different ones since
    doing the upgrade. Tried to roll back only to get the "windows install failed" error... fine. Bought a full copy of win10 pro, new ram and new HD... and guess what.. SAME THING!

Im getting BSOD after BSOD, im getting the constant restart loops, im getting one error after another, and I Dont know what to try.

I cant load, repair, reset, or reinstall windows. I cant get to any dump files, I cant get to anything on my HDs

I have only the SSD now connected and it just keeps restarting and BSOD'ing.. again dont ask for dump files because I cant even get there.. i reset wont work either... and this is a brand new boxed copy (well Flash drive) of Win 10 on a brand new tested
    and working HD.

My computer specs are

Intel i5 2500k

32 gigs of ram

120 gb SSD (Brand new, works fine when tested in other machines)

2x 1.5 tb drives (Tested and working)

1x 3tb drive (Tested and working)

Asus p7P86 Rev 3.1 MoBo.

770GTX NVidia card

The BSOD;s I am getting (and Im sure I missed a few) are:

Memory Management

Driver IRQ = or not less than

Page Fault in Non Paged Area

System Service Exception

Kmode Exception

Driver Overrun Stack Buffer

Attempted execute of non execute memory

It was working PERFECTLY fine up to when i did the 10 upgrade... now its been a disaster of BSOD, or restart loops or failed installs..

and im losing my patience and mind.

Any suggestions?

Phil Ciborowski, Sep 16, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi dang111,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I have checked the dumps to 9th of this month.
    Most of them are blaming windows drivers, 1 was pointing to a graphical problem and 1 was pointing to possible memory corruption.

Because 1 of them was a security error, please scan your system with your AV and Malwarebytes free.
    In the installation of Malwarebytes make sure to uncheck the trial of the premium version.

Daily BSODs, brand new HD and windows 10 [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Thema:

1. Daily BSODs, brand new HD and windows 10 - Similar Threads - Daily BSODs brand

2. Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC: Get the blue screen once every day essentially. PC drivers are completely up to date. Have minidump files and dxdiag and anything else that is needed, don't know how to post them here. Would really like to avoid doing a fresh windows install as I have multiple terabytes of...
  3. Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC: Get the blue screen once every day essentially. PC drivers are completely up to date. Have minidump files and dxdiag and anything else that is needed, don't know how to post them here. Would really like to avoid doing a fresh windows install as I have multiple terabytes of...
  4. Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting Daily BSoD on Brand New PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. BSOD happening daily, even at the hour on a brand new gaming laptop

BSOD happening daily, even at the hour on a brand new gaming laptop: I have tried everything online to fix this. I really need an expert who knows what the hell they're talking about.My laptop is an Asus Rog Strix G15. 16 GBs of RAM, Core i7-10750H 2.60 GHz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Ti.I have tried:- Updating all drivers with a third driver...
  7. BSODs on a brand new windows install

BSODs on a brand new windows install: Heyo, been helping with a computer for some time now. Last SSD crashed a week ago and we got another one but the computer has a unique set up for the SSD: the Bios is set to IDE (and I can see the hard drive is set to IDE in device manager) but the partition is GPT and it...
  8. BSOD Brand new pc.

BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  9. BSOD in a Brand New Desktop

BSOD in a Brand New Desktop: HI I have been having BSOD on my Dell All in One since the the beginning. I am still in the warranty but before I contact Dell, I want a Microsoft technician to have a look on the Minidump file analysis. I have updated all drivers and reinstalled Windows couple of times...
  10. New build, daily BSOD

New build, daily BSOD: Hi guys. I recently built a new computer and it's been giving me a lot of trouble. I get a crash that says whea uncorrectable error probably twice a day. Primarily I use the computer for gaming. I'm not sure if this is a problem I can correct myself or if there part...