Windows 10: Daily internet connection loss via browser/programs only

Discus and support Daily internet connection loss via browser/programs only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New windows 10 PC loses connection via browser or any program but can still ping via cmd. Already checked network, router, updated system, scanned for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scott32950, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Daily internet connection loss via browser/programs only

New windows 10 PC loses connection via browser or any program but can still ping via cmd. Already checked network, router, updated system, scanned for viruses, malware, etc ... other pc works fine on same network. Checked ipconfig /all and Default Gateway, DHCP Server, DNS Servers all had the same IP, is that bad?
    Windows is connected because I can ping and tracert via cmd but no software programs can access via http like browser or thinkorswim.
    Once internet fails the PC must be restarted , it will restart but takes a long time. Already checked task manager, disabled all updates , I start PC about 8-9AM and it usually loses connection around 10am to 11AM.
    So to sum up windows 10 PC loses internet connection via browser/programs only seemingly once per day about an hour after start.

intermittent connection loss, random internet connection loss

:)

scott32950, Mar 18, 2017

2. The famous Nokia 5530 XpressMusic problem

Some problems still happen.With the latest firmware internet connection via the browser or application is very unstable. Not only occurs with OVI store. It happens with other programs and with the internal browser. They are closed while they are being used.

TScreen---01, Mar 18, 2017
  3. TomVorias Win User
    Edge Browser appears offline

Just purchased a new PC running windows 10. For some reason on an almost daily basis Microsoft Edge browser drops the Internet connection (seems to coincide with Network and Internet icon showing some sort of error (yellow exclamation mark). Only way that
    I've figured out to fix this is to reboot the machine (which is annoying and a waste of time). I specify that Edge drops the connection because while this browser is not able to connect to the Internet, I have no problems accessing the Internet with Chrome
    browser. I'm currently plugged right into my Netgear router so I'm not sure what the issue is or how to solve it.

TomVorias, Mar 18, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Daily internet connection loss via browser/programs only

Samuria, Mar 18, 2017
  5. Sounds like you have a DNS issue. Try changing your DNS servers to the OpenDNS servers:

ArazelEternal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Daily internet connection loss via browser/programs only

1. Daily internet connection loss via browser/programs only - Similar Threads - Daily internet connection

2. Internet connection only works on web browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection only works on web browsers: I really dont know how to word this question, I've been having an issue where i would be "connected" to the internet, can browse and do everything just fine, but websites will sometimes say i am "disconnected" and many programs on my computer refuse to run because they are...
  3. Internet connection only works on web browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection only works on web browsers: I really dont know how to word this question, I've been having an issue where i would be "connected" to the internet, can browse and do everything just fine, but websites will sometimes say i am "disconnected" and many programs on my computer refuse to run because they are...
  4. 'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only: For several weeks my computer Windows 10 has been displaying the 'no internet access'/'no internet, secured' errors. This error is partly inaccurate as I have a no internet issues when using the browser. I can browse, stream, download/upload as normal. It also seems to be...
  5. 'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only: For several weeks my computer Windows 10 has been displaying the 'no internet access'/'no internet, secured' errors. This error is partly inaccurate as I have a no internet issues when using the browser. I can browse, stream, download/upload as normal. It also seems to be...
  6. Loss of internet connection

Loss of internet connection: Have an intermittent problem whereby PC loses internet connectivity. Normally it thinks the connection is still up but no browser tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge nor Outlook can connect. Normally I can only resolve by disabling the adapter and then, after short pause of...
  7. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...
  8. Daily connection loss

Daily connection loss: Hi, I am running windows 10 on my Acer Switch Alpha 12 tablet with Qualcomm QCA61x4A network adapter card. The OS constantly remains updated to the latest and the networking adapter card has the most recent drivers. Despite all, I loose my ADSL connection an about once or...
  9. Loss of internet connection

Loss of internet connection: Lenovo M 700 desktop computer; Windows 10 64 bit; NetGear N300 WiFi Router, Firefox 54.0.1 On my desktop computer, the network keeps disconnecting from the internet during periods when my browser is closed. Also, frequently when it comes out of sleep. I've had no troubles...
  10. Loss of internet connectivity

Loss of internet connectivity: I am posting this in what may be a brief window of connectivity. Last night I was unable to restore either Ethernet or Wireless connectivity in any of the ways that usually work, including a network reset. My ISP (BT, UK) told me they had a fault but later changed their mind;...