Windows 10: Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.

Discus and support Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When you right click anywhere on the taskbar, you get a sleek dark grey context menu with easy to read white text. I also like the animations and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PloKoon, Jun 6, 2018.

1. PloKoon Win User

Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.

When you right click anywhere on the taskbar, you get a sleek dark grey context menu with easy to read white text. I also like the animations and overall it's really crisp, Microsoft did a good job with that. My question is this: why didn't they extend this feature to the desktop? When you you right click the desktop, or on icons, or inside File Explorer, you get that old white context menu that is just plain terrible to look at. I'm after a unified dark look across everything I use and this has been bugging me for a long time. Here is a comparison, I want the dark one but for desktop and file explorer.

Would anyone happen to know anything about this, like news from Microsoft planning to add it in a future build or a tweak to accomplish it?

Thank you. A solution to this would really put me at ease.

:)

PloKoon, Jun 6, 2018
  2. dferron Win User

No Desktop right or left click menu

Recently upgraded to Win10 from 8.1. I had to hunt for a solution in creating a desktop start menu icon. The next quest is, "How do I get the right and left clicks for context menus?" Also, none of the folders that I had on the desktop in 8.1 are showing,
    neither is recycle. NO icons/shortcuts made it through the upgrade.

Help appreciated.

dferron, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Agitated with context menus

I am very displeased with the context menus in Windows 10 ever since Build 10240. There is no consistency among them. The one for the desktop looks different than the one for the taskbar. The desktop has a "light" themed context menu and the taskbar has
    a "dark" themed one. All the context menus need to match.

I read that BS in the Insider Hub about why it is the way it is and it's so stupid. Here is an example, "Some Windows surfaces (e.g. file explorer) prefer light menus for a continuous experience while others opt for darker menus to maintain continuity."
    They say that as if it's actually alive.

I have a small screen (1024x600) and when I right-click on the taskbar, the context menus are HUGE! When I right-click on the Start icon, I have to scroll down just to get to the "Shut down or sign out" option. They're supposed to make it simpler to use,
    not add more steps.

This is really bothersome to me. It's like an itch that cannot be scratched, it annoys me to no end. Didn't even know I had OCD until I saw this disaster with the context menus. I wonder if anyone else is peeved at this?

MichaelMAS7, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.

1. Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons. - Similar Threads - Dark context menu

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. Windows 11 context Menu Desktop right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 context Menu Desktop right Click: Hi,How can i get an item from the section of show more option and relocate it after the Refresh Item?is it possible to do it in Win11, without restoring the old Win10 context Menu? I tried the Windows 10 context menu customization method through the registry, however, the...
  5. Windows 11 context Menu Desktop right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 context Menu Desktop right Click: Hi,How can i get an item from the section of show more option and relocate it after the Refresh Item?is it possible to do it in Win11, without restoring the old Win10 context Menu? I tried the Windows 10 context menu customization method through the registry, however, the...
  6. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  7. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  8. In Start Menu, no icons, no options in right-click context menu, & oth

in Windows 10 Support
    In Start Menu, no icons, no options in right-click context menu, & oth: Hi, I have Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.973). I am facing a up-to 3 problems for now. [img] 1- In start menu, icons are not there. They have disappeared. 2- In start menu and search, right clicking an app does not display "Run as Admin", and other options in...
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. Right Clicking User Folder Freezes Context Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Clicking User Folder Freezes Context Menu: Hello, Some info up front: 1) I did a clean install a few weeks ago. I've made minimal changes - nothing intrusive, certainly (well, see below). This morning I was changing the location of the User Folders found under This PC in Windows Explorer. I have 2 hard drives, C...