Windows 10: Dark screen when playing video

Discus and support Dark screen when playing video in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue with playing any type of video, both stored in the computer and streamed from the internet or Netflix. The colors of the screen are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jorikvan der Zalm, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Dark screen when playing video

I have an issue with playing any type of video, both stored in the computer and streamed from the internet or Netflix.

The colors of the screen are changing and I see everything in grayish tint.

But I perfectly see a cursor, a toolbar, search bar etc.

I use Toshiba with Windows 10 installed.

Please, help me to fix this issue.

:)

Jorikvan der Zalm, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Youtube issue - screen becomes dark during the time it's supposed to be playing audio

After updating to windows 10 when I load a video on youtube the screen becomes dark during the time it's supposed to be playing audio and other sections of the screen is fine but just the video playing section...why is this?

DushawnMedley, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Dark screen when playing video

Videos playing dark on computer

I am trying to help someone who uses a Nokia x3-02. Videos that they take play back OK on the phone, but play back very dark when downloaded onto a computer. Several computers and media players have been tested with the same result. The file format is .3gp.

Has anyone else encountered the problem or know what the cause might be?

threematt4, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Dark screen when playing video

1. Dark screen when playing video - Similar Threads - Dark screen playing

2. Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video: So I was on split-screen mode with youtube google chrome on the left and a program on the right, and when I went to click another youtube video, my whole screen turned dark blue/grey type color. It's the same color as the discord background color, and I also had discord...
  3. Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video: So I was on split-screen mode with youtube google chrome on the left and a program on the right, and when I went to click another youtube video, my whole screen turned dark blue/grey type color. It's the same color as the discord background color, and I also had discord...
  4. Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen when playing videos in browser

Blue screen when playing videos in browser: Hello,I have crashes when playing videos in my browser. I have the most recent graphics drivers and windows update. Please help.Here is a link to dmp files and msinfohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AttUF1JsBjqjfRvtrzh2Z4pcWnQ?e=aOpAlOThanks!BrHarald...
  6. Blue Screen when play video

Blue Screen when play video: I purchased a new laptop, just 2 days, when I play video on YouTube, Netfilx and from hard disk, after 25~30 minutes, will crash and show this blue screen as below, the Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VOLATION. I been do the factory reset, then update all Windows update and...
  7. Laptop screen glitches when playing a video

Laptop screen glitches when playing a video: When I play a video youtube, a file, ads, etc, my screen occasionally turns black, glitches with purple and green lines on the screen before turning black, or making it so that the bottom of the screen shows the very top for an unknown reason. This can be solved by turning...
  8. Screen flikering when playing videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flikering when playing videos: Hi I have been haveing trouble for the past few months with my screen fllikering every time a video is played in any web browser I have tried updating the drivers but it has not worked...please help!...
  9. Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.: When I watch Netflix or Youtube full screen in my browser the monitor goes black. I can still hear the audio, but no picture. I have to reboot the computer and it works fine again. This only happens during full-screen video and sometimes during a game. I looked online and...
  10. green screen when videos play

green screen when videos play: New Acer laptop, the videos (youtube etc.) play audio but only a green screen on video. The frames can be seen along the progress bar (sorry don't know terminology). How can I fix this? I have Windows 10 Home...