Windows 10: Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686

Discus and support Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Dark themes have become popular these days, and the apps are also in process of adopting the new trend. Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system lets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 7, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686

Dark themes have become popular these days, and the apps are also in process of adopting the new trend. Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system lets you enable the dark theme almost everywhere, and the rival Apple is also investing in dark themes for its products. The core apps in Windows 10 such as Settings already supports dark visual styles, and with the next update, File Explorer will also join the push.

Microsoft is bringing the dark theme to File Explorer with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update. The new File Explorer looks great, and the project is getting better with every preview builds for Windows 10. The latest Windows 10 Insider preview build brings substantial improvements in this regard.

File Explorer with dark theme continues to get better, and the latest implementation looks more polished than the early days. Microsoft released Windows 10 Build 17686 for the Windows Insiders and it includes a new File Explorer that has no grey parts across the UI, as it was the case in the previous build.

Microsoft’s Jen Gentleman also shared a screenshot of the new File Explorer with the dark theme and Sets interface, and everything seems to look pretty good. The same implementation seemed rather unpolished in its early days but it’s getting better with every preview builds, and it would look perfect before the public release of Windows 10 Redstone 5.

To enable dark theme in File Explorer, you would need to join the Windows Insider program and download the latest preview build. Then you have to head over to Settings > Personalization > Colours > Choose your default app mode and select the option dark.

Microsoft has already confirmed that the new File Explorer with a dark theme will go live for the general public with the next big Windows 10 update in the fall of this year. What do you think of new File Explorer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

The post Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 7, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Dark Theme is not enabling in File Explorer

Hi Nil, that option i currently not available in Windows 10

Microsoft are working on giving us more theming options, in the large update later this year we will get those options, and that includes a dark theme for Windows File Explorer . . .

Here is the Microsoft Preview of that File Explorer theme:

Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686 [​IMG]

DaveM121, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Nil Patel Win User
    Dark Theme is not enabling in File Explorer

Hi There,

I have Windows 10 Home 1803 (OS build 17134.81). My problem is that when I enable dark theme from Personalise>Colour, dark theme is enable in all windows app like settings, mail but not enabling in file explorer. What cause this
    problem? Here, I attached screen shot.

Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686 [​IMG]

Nil Patel, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686

1. Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686 - Similar Threads - Dark Theme File

2. Keep Dark Theme File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep Dark Theme File Explorer: Hi, so I was just wondering if there is anyway to change to the Light Theme on all my apps and things etc. But keep the Dark Theme on File Explorer as I like how it looks.Thanks!Evan :...
  3. File explorer in dark theme gone!

File explorer in dark theme gone!: Hello, After updating Windows to 1809 a couple weeks ago I was glad to start using File explorer dark theme. Last night I noticed that it's gone and back to the old white background theme. I can't recall what was changed, might have been a recent win update or disk cleanup...
  4. How do I get the Dark File Explorer Theme?

How do I get the Dark File Explorer Theme?: I've looked around and when I click the dark all it does is effect my settings background, not the file explorer. I've tried updating my PC to the Insider version however when it crashes it looks like a blue screen but its green. I know it crashes when the update reaches 42%....
  5. Dark theme in windows explorer

Dark theme in windows explorer: What if I don't want dark theme only in windows explorer, but want it at every other place like windows settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-in-windows-explorer/ca44e3cb-f4aa-4f47-86cb-239d8e70bd6a
  6. Dark Theme for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark Theme for File Explorer?: Hi, I've noticed that my version of Windows 10 supports a Dark Theme which I've selected, but that File Explorer continues to be bright white. Is there some way I can change this so that it's dark as well? My OS information: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Installed...
  7. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

Dark Theme for File Explorer.: I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got their File Explorer...
  8. File Explorer does not adjust with Windows 10 dark theme

File Explorer does not adjust with Windows 10 dark theme: Hi, I have recently swapped from light to dark theme in windows. All Microsoft application automatically picked up the new theme except the Classic Control Panel and File Explorer. I tried couple of tweaks but nothing seemed to resolve this. Anyone can help me to see...
  9. Inspired by Insiders - Dark Theme in File Explorer for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Inspired by Insiders - Dark Theme in File Explorer for Windows 10: [ATTACH] We’re excited to announce that Dark Theme support for File Explorer is ready for the next major release of Windows. With Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17733, Windows Insiders will be able to see the latest UI design for Dark Theme in File Explorer by going to...
  10. Build 10162 and Dark Theme

Build 10162 and Dark Theme: I added the 32bit DWORD, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize SystemUsesLightTheme, set to 0 and rebooted without success. Any ideas what I missed or is this feature no longer works? Thanks 7757