Windows 10: Dark Theme won't work on build 1803

Discus and support Dark Theme won't work on build 1803 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, just updated to windows 10, Build 1803. I was really pumped on the new Dark Theme offered by Windows but it only partially works. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by onebigtrip, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Dark Theme won't work on build 1803

Hey guys, just updated to windows 10, Build 1803. I was really pumped on the new Dark Theme offered by Windows but it only partially works. When I select dark theme, the settings window (and some other apps) will turn dark, but File Explorer and everything else does not. Anyone else having this issue? and if you haven't tried dark theme yet, will you? Right click desktop > Personalize > Colors > Scroll down and click choose Default App mode: Dark.

Dark Theme won't work on build 1803 [​IMG]

:)

onebigtrip, Jun 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 1803 Dark Theme?

Dark Theme for explorer is a work in progress and can be found in Insider builds currently, not for public releases.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jun 20, 2018
  3. Build 10162 and Dark Theme

@Brink I am running a clean install of Windows 10 Pro build 10162 and all Apps listed in Edwin's post below are using the dark theme. I did not try to enable the Dark Theme when I first upgraded from 10159 though.

IownAmoneyPit, Jun 20, 2018
  4. A3KP Win User

Dark Theme won't work on build 1803

Light and dark themes

As i said before,the High Contrast works not always with other programs outside the Microsoft build. Don' t know how to explain this.

When i use it for example in a folder,i get yellow and white fonts in the 'lint'.

Also progs like Photoscape or others don' t work perfect with HC.

I think when we get dark & light themes in folders it could work better.

Thema:

Dark Theme won't work on build 1803

1. Dark Theme won't work on build 1803 - Similar Threads - Dark Theme won't

2. Windows 11 Dark theme not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dark theme not working: So for some reason, my dark theme recently got messed up. I tried switching it back, restarting pc, changing colours, but it's still broken and looks ugly. I really want this fixed, cause it causes some applications to look awful. Especially file explorer. I've added images...
  3. Windows 11 Dark theme not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dark theme not working: So for some reason, my dark theme recently got messed up. I tried switching it back, restarting pc, changing colours, but it's still broken and looks ugly. I really want this fixed, cause it causes some applications to look awful. Especially file explorer. I've added images...
  4. Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  5. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/e0c58784-3f5d-4b76-a2e9-b2378f57083e
  6. dark theme

dark theme: need dark theme for all apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/4752842f-8df5-4a38-83a8-590fbb1edad8
  7. Windows 1803 Dark Theme issues

Windows 1803 Dark Theme issues: I kinda like the dark theme included with 1803 BUT it is too dark for me. White is too bright. Seems like it got brighter white from April Update Is there a way via MS or 3rd party to change the black theme to a grey or tan? I know of WindowBlinds but I had issues in the...
  8. Build 10162 and Dark Theme

Build 10162 and Dark Theme: I added the 32bit DWORD, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize SystemUsesLightTheme, set to 0 and rebooted without success. Any ideas what I missed or is this feature no longer works? Thanks 7757
  9. Dark themes

Dark themes: Been looking for a theme where the individual windows have a black background like the high contrast themes but these look a little clunky. I have started using high contrast themes as the large areas of white in normal themes hurt my eyes . Any ideas? 33319
  10. Dark theme

Dark theme: I installed the dark theme but windows explorer is still with the light white theme so how do I make it dark pls? 24243

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 1803 explorer dark mode dark theme 1803

2. dark theme explorer windows 10 1803 not working

3. dark theme wont start

4. can dark theme works on 1803,
  5. 1803 dark theme