Windows 10: Dark theme

Discus and support Dark theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed the dark theme but windows explorer is still with the light white theme so how do I make it dark pls? 24243 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edward, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Edward Win User

Dark theme

I installed the dark theme but windows explorer is still with the light white theme so how do I make it dark pls?

:)

Edward, Sep 26, 2015

2. nokia E72 custom theme problem

you could try downloading two dark themes and setting a different one for each mode, or even rename a copy Dark theme 1 and dark theme 2, then set one to each mode . Many dark themes at tehkseven !

http://www.tehkseven.net/theme/nokia-e72-themes.html

carman58---01, Sep 26, 2015
  3. How to enable dark theme ?

Really Microsoft created Dark Theme and did not add option for dark theme in setting or somewhere ?

УрошВидаковић, Sep 26, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Dark theme

It does not work on windows explorer at this time, but may in the future.

Dark theme [​IMG]
    Note Currently this only seems to affect the Settings, Store, and Calculator apps in the example screenshots below.

If you spot any others, then please feel free to post a reply with a screenshot.

Apps Use Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

5. Edward Win User

Edward, Sep 26, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Or put Ubuntu in a VM with shared folders turned on like me and enjoy an OS Hybrid Desktop like me*Smile Notice I can use Nautilus instead of File Explorer instead*Wink at the same time I have Cortana, start menu, and what ever else from Windows at the same time to use when needed. but the customization and capabilities of Linux. Just something to think about.

Dark theme [​IMG]

Dark theme [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 26, 2015
  7. Edward Win User

Edward, Sep 26, 2015
  8. Edward Win User

Dark theme

I use Ubuntu too and I am on it right now *Biggrin

Edward, Sep 26, 2015
  9. JohnBurns Win User
    Is MS ever going to put out a dark theme for all to use? I don't like to use a "patch" for themes as I don't trust them not to screw up my pc, so I can't find a dark theme other than high contrast themes which are a little too overdone for me. Wish someone in MS would make a dark theme and offer it in one of their many Windows Updates.

JohnBurns, Feb 25, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    They're getting closer John.
    For Office 365(2016), they have had a neutral gray skin for a while, and just (was it) this week they came out with a black one.
    I just hope they listen to the insiders and add some "skins" to File Explore.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dark theme

1. Dark theme - Similar Threads - Dark theme

2. Windows 11 dark theme forcing another colour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 dark theme forcing another colour?: When I go to dark mode it makes my chosen theme colour a pastel light version of it which I HATE. I want the red ive always had without having to go to light mode. Is it possible to have the red that I want with dark mode? It automatically turns my red into some ugly orange....
  3. Windows 11 dark theme forcing another colour?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 dark theme forcing another colour?: When I go to dark mode it makes my chosen theme colour a pastel light version of it which I HATE. I want the red ive always had without having to go to light mode. Is it possible to have the red that I want with dark mode? It automatically turns my red into some ugly orange....
  4. A single folder outline is a different shade in Dark Theme.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A single folder outline is a different shade in Dark Theme.: One of my folder has a darker shade background in my frequent folder page.I have a few network folders on that page, but it's the only one with the darker shade so it being networked doesn’t seem to be the cause.Also have a few of those pined and the other pined ones show up...
  5. A single folder outline is a different shade in Dark Theme.

A single folder outline is a different shade in Dark Theme.: One of my folder has a darker shade background in my frequent folder page.I have a few network folders on that page, but it's the only one with the darker shade so it being networked doesn’t seem to be the cause.Also have a few of those pined and the other pined ones show up...
  6. A single folder outline is a different shade in Dark Theme.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Dark Theme Missing from Personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Theme Missing from Personalization: I understand that Settings > Personalization > Colors should reveal a "Choose your color" but I don't have that option. Instead, I see the following:[unable to upload image]My first choice is to "Automatically pick an accent color from my background. I recently installed...
  8. Dark Theme Missing from Personalization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Theme Missing from Personalization: I understand that Settings > Personalization > Colors should reveal a "Choose your color" but I don't have that option. Instead, I see the following:[unable to upload image]My first choice is to "Automatically pick an accent color from my background. I recently installed...
  9. Dark Theme Missing from Personalization

10. Dark theme flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark theme flashing: When i insert the usb, it will change to dark theme and go back to normal. all usb port is the same situation. Also, copy and paste are same situation.If i create a new account, it is normal. However, i hope to fix this issue. Thank you....