Windows 10: dark windows 7 theme vs. dark windows 10 theme, 10 needs help

Discus and support dark windows 7 theme vs. dark windows 10 theme, 10 needs help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I require a dark but low contrast color theme for my visual disability, but I need for it to NOT change the colors in Microsoft Office so that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Phaewryn, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Phaewryn Win User

dark windows 7 theme vs. dark windows 10 theme, 10 needs help

I require a dark but low contrast color theme for my visual disability, but I need for it to NOT change the colors in Microsoft Office so that I can accurately work on Word and Excel documents and see the colors. I have a windows 7 theme that works good on my windows 7 machine, but for the life of me I can't seem to make one that works on windows 10! Help?

I'll include some screen captures of my two systems with all the various things open so you can see the differences.

Here is my PERFECT windows 7 theme, exactly as I need it:

dark windows 7 theme vs. dark windows 10 theme, 10 needs help [​IMG]

Here's the same theme on the windows 10 machine, ALL MESSED UP:

And here's my very best Windows 10 high contrast theme, which does not work because it changes the colors in Microsoft Office:

So, is this fixable? I know CSS, and I'm not a beginner, so nothing is too complex, all suggestions appreciated. I can't seem to make any non-high contrast themes on windows 10 that do not make most everything WHITE, which I cannot use at all. I may have broken something messing in there. All my non-high contrast windows themes make the windows white now, bright white. I would kill to get a nice medium gray... or even black. But it has to NOT effect Microsoft Office.

:)

Phaewryn, Sep 21, 2016

2. How to change the appearance of the settings panels?

For settings app,you can change the color to dark and check if it is of any use.

How to enable the Dark Theme for Windows 10 | Windows Central
    The toggle switch is coming next month with an update,till then you would need to use a registry edit.

You can change the color schemes also to see if they are of any help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 21, 2016
  3. LLF
    llf Win User
Thema:

dark windows 7 theme vs. dark windows 10 theme, 10 needs help

1. dark windows 7 theme vs. dark windows 10 theme, 10 needs help - Similar Threads - dark theme dark

2. windows dark theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows dark theme: does windows dark theme both app theme and windows theme affect performance of PC and make it slow ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dark-theme/084869e9-30d3-42a3-a573-e9f0f16a75df
  3. Windows 10 Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Dark Theme: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shajirr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6zkis/windows_10_dark_theme/
  4. Windows Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Dark Theme: Hey guys I use to have black everything in Windows 10 home. But now my taskbar start menu and shit is all this gross dark grey. Ive been looking everywhere for a fix to this and cant seem to find anything. I have dark mode enabled for Windows mode and app mode and I have...
  5. Windows 10 dark theme...

Windows 10 dark theme...: Just as curious WHEN Microsoft will actually make a truly dark theme. Notepad in as in-app since 3.1. Yet why is it not available in dark, with a white font..? 147899
  6. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  7. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/e0c58784-3f5d-4b76-a2e9-b2378f57083e
  8. Dark Theme in Windows 10

Dark Theme in Windows 10: When i apply dark theme in windows 10, my windows file explorer and settings all become dark. Is it possible to keep only my setting dark while my file explorer light?...
  9. windows 10 dark theme

windows 10 dark theme: hi i updated windows 10 pro but dark theme didn't effect all panels like windows explorer and right click menu i changed windows theme from personalize and select colors then dark mode for windows apps how to solve this problem ?...
  10. Dark theme in Windows 10

Dark theme in Windows 10: Hello, I have an issue when activating the Dark theme in Win10 Pro. I will post pictures below, to see what I am talking about? Please let me know if this is known bug, is it normal or if it's being worked on. [ATTACH]...