Windows 10: Dart Integrated Windows 10 & 8.1 Iso is A Security Hazard.Dont Use It!

Discus and support Dart Integrated Windows 10 & 8.1 Iso is A Security Hazard.Dont Use It! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Integration of dart in windows 10 & 8.1 iso (in winre.wim) is definitely not a good idea, here is why. Any one can view your all files and can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LoverOfLove, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Dart Integrated Windows 10 & 8.1 Iso is A Security Hazard.Dont Use It!

Integration of dart in windows 10 & 8.1 iso (in winre.wim) is definitely not a good idea, here is why.

Any one can view your all files and can change or remove your windows password, even when your system is locked with a password.

You just need to follow few steps to do this.
    On the screen when windows ask for password to log in, press shift + restart button,
    Next select Troubleshoot > advance option > startup settings > Restart. after restart press f10 for more option > launch recovery environment > Dart. Now you can enter in dart and can view and change passwords.

Anyone can do this and you can not do anything about it.

FYI if someone wants to view your files or change passwords then user have to boot from usb /cd / dvd and use some software to do this. but with latest bios and UEFI you can block booting from USB and user cannot do above-mentioned things... but with dart, the user doesn't need any software or USB and can simply do the things.

Although in windows 7, recovery environment ask for user passwords so you are safe in 7 but 8.1 and 10 don't ask for the password to access dart.

Gen2 and m0nkrus and some other custom windows releaser add dart.
    So don't use dart integrated iso.
    thank you.
    stay safe.

:)

LoverOfLove, Feb 9, 2018

2. Microsoft Security Essentials

Hello,

Quick Answer, you don't. Microsoft Security Essentials is not compatible with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Use Windows Defender the anti-virus software that is integrated into Windows 10.

Security & Privacy

Smittychat., Feb 9, 2018
  3. Israel Chemo, Feb 9, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Dart Integrated Windows 10 & 8.1 Iso is A Security Hazard.Dont Use It!

I assume you are talking about Microsoft Diagnostic and Recovery Toolset, also known as DaRT.

DaRT is a powerful set of tools for IT admins offered for free to Microsoft Software Assurance customers, that is corporate and enterprise customers of Microsoft with volume licensing plans. It is not available to private users.

Excluding said Software Assurance customers and their corporate networks, any Windows ISO or other pre-made install media containing DaRT is pirated, DaRT being used unlicensed.

Your warning should not be "Don't use these pirated ISO images", it should simply be "Do not use any pirated products".

About DaRT: https://win10.guru/dart-10-diagnosti...ry-toolset-10/

Kari, Feb 9, 2018
  5. You are right kari, that any custom windows iso should be avoided, but there is a reason why people will continue to use those custom iso even when Microsoft is easily distributing the legal iso to the public. the reason is simple, bcoz these custom iso comes with lots of essential features preinstalled like, all the tons of updates, .net 4.7 & 3.5, direct x, x64 x86 in one, multi-edition, they also make installation method like standard, OEM, in one iso, usb 3 drivers in 7 and all this is in small size. so for nontechnical folks who dont know how to do it themselves or just dont want to waste hours installing features and updates simply download these custom iso. apart from the piracy part i dont see much harm in it as long as iso is coming from a trusted source of repackers. also, the people who don't download these pirated iso but like to slipstream os for their use also tend to add all this feature and also dart. since the number of custom iso downloaders are very high, it just disturbs me to see all the vulnerable system in the world. adding dart is a mistake, and it is integrated and used by a large number of people. *Warning*Sad

LoverOfLove, Feb 9, 2018
  6. Barman58 Win User
    Just to put things straight ...

Use of any non Microsoft or Official Resellers / OEM, sourced copies of Microsoft Software is Illegal as it is basically theft, and of course any unauthorised changes to a Microsoft product is against the End User Licence and thus will make any copy illegal even if the original unaltered copy was fully legal, and if the added extras were also legal

We do not support illegal copies of software, knowingly in use, and we will normally give One warning the first time the facts of an illegal installation is in use is known and all help will be withheld until the Member persuades us that the offending software has been replaced with fully legitimate software. We do not give second warnings just life bans *Wink

Barman58, Feb 9, 2018
  7. Kari Win User
    Everything in your post comes out quite in a negative way. I simply object everything you said.

If a streamlined, customised Windows install media is what you want but you'll find it too demanding to make it by yourself, maybe you should just forget it instead of going for pirated images from "repackers" and warez / piracy sites.

Making your own custom deployment and ISO images is so extremely easy that if you are able to read instructions, you'll manage it. Then again, if you are not able to read and comprehend instructions, if your capacity simply is not enough, you should also forget every pirated solution available; the combination of a user who does not understand and a pirated install media is quite dangerous.

To start doing it right, you'll find some good tips for instance in following Ten Forums tutorials:

Kari, Feb 9, 2018
  8. Dart Integrated Windows 10 & 8.1 Iso is A Security Hazard.Dont Use It!

I always slipstream os myself and know how to make perfect custom os fulfilling my needs.(thanks kari for all the info you posted here) my main point of the post was to inform users of the danger of pirated/custom os iso. as there are a large number of downloads in pirated os, i thought i should post how it can damage the security of their system. nothing else.

LoverOfLove, Feb 9, 2018
  9. No, public can not download DART (legally), it is available only for Enterprise users.

TairikuOkami, Feb 9, 2018
  10. i didn't say dart is available to the public, I'm only saying it is widely used by windows repackers and the private user who slipstream their os.

LoverOfLove, Feb 9, 2018
  11. Barman58 Win User
    Repacking of commercial product is piracy. Discussion of piracy is a breech of forum rules, which often results in a permanent ban *Think

Barman58, Feb 14, 2018
  12. sorry, i didnt know that. but still, my post was not supporting piracy, instead, it was mentioning the vulnerabilities in pirated products. but if i am breaking the rules in any way, then feel free to remove this thread. Have a good day.

LoverOfLove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dart Integrated Windows 10 & 8.1 Iso is A Security Hazard.Dont Use It!

1. Dart Integrated Windows 10 & 8.1 Iso is A Security Hazard.Dont Use It! - Similar Threads - Dart Integrated Iso

2. windows phone 8 iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows phone 8 iso: hi im trying to find an iso for windows phone 8 to put it in virtualbox, any downloads available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-phone-8-iso/efacd785-f706-470d-b698-6bfc30adc064
  3. Windows integrated security using Microprocessor AMD...............

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows integrated security using Microprocessor AMD...............: Security enhancement and add on improvement is vital for its overall operation and below are the codes that was discussed on Microsoft website based on Windows 11 buy that is also operatable on Windows 10 andbelow......Here are the programming codes for usage.Microsoft...
  4. Windows integrated security using Microprocessor AMD...............

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows integrated security using Microprocessor AMD...............: Security enhancement and add on improvement is vital for its overall operation and below are the codes that was discussed on Microsoft website based on Windows 11 buy that is also operatable on Windows 10 andbelow......Here are the programming codes for usage.Microsoft...
  5. MIDI is Not a Security Hazard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIDI is Not a Security Hazard: By modifying Windows' HID drivers to only allow one app to connect to any device at a time, you've screwed your music production community big time. You've removed the ability to have MIDI controller configuration software connected at the same time as a DAW or virtual...
  6. MIDI is Not a Security Hazard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIDI is Not a Security Hazard: By modifying Windows' HID drivers to only allow one app to connect to any device at a time, you've screwed your music production community big time. You've removed the ability to have MIDI controller configuration software connected at the same time as a DAW or virtual...
  7. MIDI is Not a Security Hazard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Verify the integrity of this Windows ISO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify the integrity of this Windows ISO: I want to confirm my iso copy of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC it appears to include both N and non N x64 versions is indeed legitimate. The SHA1 hash is d5b2f95e3dd658517fe7c14df4f36de633ca4845...
  9. Integrating MDT and DaRT while Limiting Tools

in Windows 10 Customization
    Integrating MDT and DaRT while Limiting Tools: Hello, I would like to integrate DaRT in to MDT while limiting the available tools. At this point I have successfully intergrated DaRT into our deployments, but have not been able to limit the tools. I have also been able to limit access to the tools, but I don't see how...
  10. Official Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Official Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT: hello friends, i have downloaded the latest esd file and converted to iso, but my iso file missing DaRT menu under windows repair option.i am looking for official download link for Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT , or Official Windows 10 DaRT download link,please...