Windows 10: Data Consumption Issue, svchost.exe

Discus and support Data Consumption Issue, svchost.exe in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I check my emails very regularly, and moniter my data usage with Glasswire. I use a pay-as-you go service for internet (while I'm here in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by triumpht100sr, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Data Consumption Issue, svchost.exe

Hi there,

I check my emails very regularly, and moniter my data usage with Glasswire. I use a pay-as-you go service for internet (while I'm here in France), it's a sort of wireless hotspot device, which I recharge 3gb at a time.

I had just recharged the thing a few days ago, had used maybe 100mb as of this morning. I left the room for three minutes this morning, connected but only on the nytimes.com main page, and when I returned I had used the remaining 2.9Gb. Glasswire indicates that an svchost.exe had uploaded and downloaded this incredible mount.

Any insight? This data is very expensive to keep "recharging".

Thanks,

-Nick

:)

triumpht100sr, Nov 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 continuously consuming data with 1Mbps speed

As mentioned in my query that there is no such processes in task manager which are showing data consumption.

Second i am not using any cloud service.

I found that a program in services called "svchost.exe"; is consuming this data continuously. It does not comes in processes.

Please help me as soon as possible as i uses limited data packs.

AjayPatel_Outlook, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    svchost.exe I have 76 running currently. is this a problem?

Ciao,

not at all, don't worry.

svchost.exe (Service Host, or SvcHost) is a system process that hosts multiple Windows services in the Windows NT family of operating systems. Svchost is essential in the implementation of so-called shared service processes, where a number of services can share
    a process in order to reduce resource consumption.

svchost.exe - Wikipedia

Hope this answers your question.

Ciao

Ugo

Ugo Lopez, Nov 17, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User
    There's a could of things you can do.

1. Set your computer to use metered connection:

• Search in the start menu for "change Wi-fi settings"
    • Click advanced options
    • Enable the toggle under "Metered Connection"

2. Disable the way Windows Update gets its updates:

• Open Settings app
    • Click on Updates and Security
    • Click on Advanced Options
    • Click on Choose how updates are delivered
    • Change the first slider to off

When this slider is on it uses a bit-torrent like feature in order to "speed up" your Windows Updates which you don't really want on a wireless connection.

swarfega, Nov 17, 2015
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    @triumpht100sr

Such a large amount points to Windows Upgrade Threshold2, depending on the Windows Update settings. If it is, the sad part is the 3GB allotment is probably not enough for the entire Upgrade package.

I don't know how the allotment works, whether you get cut off once the limit is reached or not. Supposedly, Microsoft plans for partial downloads and resumes to complete the download package once access is 're-authorized'. In effect, you are not being penalized by Microsoft.

pyramid10, Nov 17, 2015
  6. Thanks so much everybody! Very important for me to resolve this to keep in touch with folks back in the US better, considering recent events.

Best,

-Nick

triumpht100sr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Data Consumption Issue, svchost.exe

1. Data Consumption Issue, svchost.exe - Similar Threads - Data Consumption Issue

2. Data Consumption issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Consumption issue: Hii my Windows 10 is using a lot of data and whenever I connect hotspot withing minutes'it consumes 2gb when I checked in settings it showed system is using more data how to stop system to consume so much data...
  3. Data Consumption issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Consumption issue: Hii my Windows 10 is using a lot of data and whenever I connect hotspot withing minutes'it consumes 2gb when I checked in settings it showed system is using more data how to stop system to consume so much data...
  4. Data usage consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data usage consumption: I have closed all the application in my PC, still my data usage steady come down by 100 Mb for every10 minutes. How can i stop this data usage, and for what purpose the system app is usage the data. May i know the reason...
  5. Data consumption

Data consumption: When I connect my pc to Internet data is consumed more than I use,within an hour my data is getting empty,I think this is because of the update but the thing is I did pause all the updates. [IMG]...
  6. Too much data consumption

Too much data consumption: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data. I have tried setting the wifi as metered connection, turning off background apps. But nothing worked. When i check my data usage, i found that "system" Is consuming the whole data. Please help me with this problem..........
  7. Monitor app data consumption

Monitor app data consumption: Hi guys, I'd like to know if there's a program that would be able to check data usage of individual apps without reseting to 0 on restart. So a continuously tracking of data usage on a per app basis that doesnt reset once the PC is restarted. 156843
  8. Missing Data Consumption report

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Data Consumption report: My data usage e.g. for Ethernet, etc. is shown as zero in the settings page. How can I correct this so that I can see my actual data consumption? The last time I visited the settings page, it was working correctly....
  9. internet data consumption

internet data consumption: hello I have watched an program in data uses named mpcommandrun.exe which is using a lots of my internet data while I m not using that what is this mpcommandrun,exe and should I stop it from using my expensive internet data and if yes then how?[ATTACH]...
  10. In need of prevention of data consumption

In need of prevention of data consumption: Hello house members, Could you please tell me why window 10 updates itself, and when it does it consumes users data unknowingly. This is so worrisome especially the people in undeveloped countries, in case of economical purposes, please is there any solution regarding to...
Tags: