Windows 10: Data Disk full ? (unlikely)

Discus and support Data Disk full ? (unlikely) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Not sure this query belongs here; if not, I apologize. I get a pop-up saying that the periodic automatic file backup cannot be completed for lack of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by aca, Aug 10, 2015.

1. ACA
    aca Win User

Data Disk full ? (unlikely)

Not sure this query belongs here; if not, I apologize.

I get a pop-up saying that the periodic automatic file backup cannot be completed for lack of space on the hard drive. I assume it refers to the D:\ disk, where my Data is saved and stored.
    But that’s unlikely, because the tree shown by the Windows Explorer says there are only three main folders within D:, which together add up to less than 73.5 GB (far from the 300 GB capacity of that drive).
    Those three main folders are: Program Files (x86), with 0,28 GB; Users, with 1,5 GB; WindowImageBackup, with 71,6 GB (after installing Windows 10). And the option to display the hidden elements is ticked up.

Note: This machine has also got two other drives: C:\ with 87,6 GB used out of a total of 284 GB (it contains the programs and applications installed, including Windows and, now, Windows.old), and E:\ with 11.1 GB used out of a total of 12.9 GB (the Recovery disk).
    Thank you for any help.

:)

2. crobb100 Win User

Data disk full?

I upgraded my HD to a larger drive while still in Windows 8.1 by cloning the C: drive, then installed the cloned drive, which ran fine.

I then installed Win 10 via the MS upgrade.

Since that time I am receiving a low disk space warning every few minutes stating that my data disk, I:, is full. I: appears to be a separate partition on my C: boot drive which must have been created when Win 10 was installed. I don't recall a data drive
    on 8.1, but there may have been one that I wasn't noticing if it was functioning fine.

I am not sure what the data drive contains, precisely, but I assume that I should not delete the contents. It is using 100 mb of a 209 gb drive. I have cleaned up the disk.

Data Disk full ? (unlikely) [​IMG]

Data Disk full ? (unlikely) [​IMG]

Any suggestions? Should I attempt to expand the I: partition with a partitioning tool? Frequency of the warning is really annoying, plus I don't want the system functionality to be affected.

I appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

crobb100, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Data disk full?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to inform that we do not support Cloning and suggest you to post the query in Microsoft Technet Forum in the link below.

Technet forums

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Data Disk full ? (unlikely)

1. Data Disk full ? (unlikely) - Similar Threads - Data Disk full

2. Disk full with unknown data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk full with unknown data: I have a Windows 10 laptop with a 237GB disk. FileExplorer says that 21.GB are free.In WinDirStat, I see that 101,8GB are reserved by <Unknown>.1. What and where is this <Unknown>?2. Is it possible to free the space in <Unknown>?It is frustrating to try constantly to clean up...
  3. Disk full with unknown data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk full with unknown data: I have a Windows 10 laptop with a 237GB disk. FileExplorer says that 21.GB are free.In WinDirStat, I see that 101,8GB are reserved by <Unknown>.1. What and where is this <Unknown>?2. Is it possible to free the space in <Unknown>?It is frustrating to try constantly to clean up...
  4. Disk full with unknown data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System data caused full C disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System data caused full C disk: 2 weeks ago my C disk is still 80GB left , today its full but i dont download anything . i check and found out my system data is 120Gb unlike my other computer with only 40GB of system data . How do i delete the system data to clear my disk...
  6. System data caused full C disk

System data caused full C disk: 2 weeks ago my C disk is still 80GB left , today its full but i dont download anything . i check and found out my system data is 120Gb unlike my other computer with only 40GB of system data . How do i delete the system data to clear my disk...
  7. Disk "full"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk "full"?: Hello,My C: disk is currently full 85.2/90.8 GB and while I'm going through the disk to delete unused files, it appears that all of the files in the disk only take 66.5 GB 67.2 GB size on disk. When I went to Settings > System > Storage, the Apps & features section shows that...
  8. Disk "full"?

Disk "full"?: Hello,My C: disk is currently full 85.2/90.8 GB and while I'm going through the disk to delete unused files, it appears that all of the files in the disk only take 66.5 GB 67.2 GB size on disk. When I went to Settings > System > Storage, the Apps & features section shows that...
  9. Disk Full

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Full: Hi y'all, this is my first ever Reddit post so be kind. I have just switched back to a PC after years of Mac and Chromebook. I have lots of questions about Windows but the first one is that my C drive is almost full just with the programmes the machine is running. I have...
  10. Disk Full

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Full: Hi, My hard disk is full but I can't find any large files on the drive. I have found a file called Apple that is 33GB but when I click into it says empty! What could this be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-full/e7aff23b-6141-4d40-a40e-7e83ea510502