Windows 10: Data gain after power outage?

Discus and support Data gain after power outage? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just lol. Power went out and came back after 5 mins. and at boot Windows wanted to scan & repair C:, I let it (was fast due to SSD). After that, in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xtreme512, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Xtreme512 Win User

Data gain after power outage?

Just lol. Power went out and came back after 5 mins. and at boot Windows wanted to scan & repair C:, I let it (was fast due to SSD). After that, in the desktop I saw a intact personal text file from 2017 October.

Just how?

edit: now I'm thinking maybe that file was considered as corrupted when deleted by me and system repair revived it somehow with shadow copies or even temporary copies like when you delete files on your external drive then unplug it without final erasing, then plug it back after a while only to see drive needs repair.

:)

Xtreme512, Apr 29, 2018
  2. garym123 Win User

Internal Storage increased but app not installed

I would see what it does after a soft reset. No data is lost

Hold the volume down and power buttons for about 10 seconds or until the phone vibrates, release. The phone will turn off and restart.

After a phone reset there is no way to back up app data, just your app list.

Your purchase history is also on windowsphone.com. Select your name at the top and go to purchase history. You can reinstall from there.

You could also try clearing tempoary storage.

How to clear this space.

How to gain back Temporary memory by moving photos out of SkyDrive: fast forward time

garym123, Apr 29, 2018
  3. I can't get into my phone, cant remember the password. How can I get in to remove it?

You'Il need to perform a hard reset of the phone to gain access to it again. A hard reset will remove all personal settings & personal data that is stored on the phone and return it to its original out-of-the-box settings. To perform a hard reset:

Press the Volume Down, Camera, and Power buttons at the same time. Hold the three buttons down until the phone vibrates, then release the Power button and continue holding down the Volume Down and Camera buttons for 5 more seconds.

Julie fka profjulie, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

Data gain after power outage?

1. Data gain after power outage? - Similar Threads - Data gain power

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. PC issues after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC issues after power outage: Hey peeps, I was gaming and my power flickered but my pc never shutoff. I continued playing but my game almost immediately started skipping frames. I tried restarting the pc and it was still happening. The cursor was skipping even at the home desktop screen. I tried...
  5. Low fps after power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low fps after power outage: Last night, the power went out while the computer was on, there is no lag in Windows, but all the games I got constant 75 FPS fell between 35-50. There is no heating problem in the case, all settings are set to high performance, I reset the BIOS, reinstalled the video card...
  6. Low fps after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps after power outage: Last night, the power went out while the computer was on, there is no lag in Windows, but all the games I got constant 75 FPS fell between 35-50. There is no heating problem in the case, all settings are set to high performance, I reset the BIOS, reinstalled the video card...
  7. WATCH VIOLATIONS after power outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WATCH VIOLATIONS after power outage: hello, after the electricity was cut off, the computer started to give an error. When I use it for 10-20 minutes, I get WATCHDOG VIOLATION error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watch-violations-after-power-outage/2e3c1734-06a2-4282-bc91-940d1631f0cd
  8. Trouble after power outage

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble after power outage: Last night we has a short, flicker-type power outage. My computer and my DVR are the only things it shut down. When I turned my computer back on, I first got my lock screen, like normal, then when I clicked to get the sign-in screen, I got a blue screen where I had to sign...
  9. Windows10 after power outage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 after power outage: After a power outage, my Windows10 will not reboot properly. I have a back screen with a few limited icons. Recovery under Settings does not eliminate the problem. I cannot access any of my working files. Can anyone help advise please?...
  10. Strange desktop after power outage.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange desktop after power outage.: Hi there! We had a power outage here about an hour ago while I was just browsing the Internet. Subsequently, my computer shut down. However, when I rebooted the desktop seems to have changed. I really have no idea how to explain it, so I posted a link at the bottom of a...