Windows 10: Data lost on Win 10 people app

Discus and support Data lost on Win 10 people app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having spent hours loading up all my data to the people app, I find when I opened it yesterday, all my data is gone! Can this be restored? Are there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by blackbut, Apr 5, 2017.

1. blackbut Win User

Data lost on Win 10 people app

Having spent hours loading up all my data to the people app, I find when I opened it yesterday, all my data is gone! Can this be restored? Are there any other apps available I can use that may be more reliable than this app?

:)

blackbut, Apr 5, 2017
  2. huywe Win User

khi nâng cấp win 10

ie when upgrading win 10 of the application, the data was not there but I know lost data apps are not. Suppose I play asphalt 8 lv 600 when upgrading win 10 600 in asphalt8 level data are not ?

huywe, Apr 5, 2017
  3. I want to upgrade to Win 10

I want to upgrade to Win 10

Data is lost?

zozoreviews, Apr 5, 2017
  4. Data lost on Win 10 people app

Hi blackbut

Could I suggest that you use a browser and sign into your Outlook.com account (which may be a Hotmail, or Live, or MSN account).

See if your people are there. Click on nine squares upper left corner, People should be a tile.

All this information is really in your web mail account. It then gets placed into these apps. I like to export my data every so often so I have a copy that I can restore from. nIf you enter in Windows 10 app it should have been synced with web account.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 7, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    I doubt if those are really lost.
    Look at your People App settings in the first instance to see what Account(s) it is syncing with.

Then to Filter Contact list and make sure the 'Show Contacts from' list is what you want > Done.

Then in general Windows settings > Privacy > Background Apps have the Mail and People App running. Those are virtually the only ones I allow to run in the background out of a very long list.

For example, in mine it syncs with 2 Outlook Mail Accounts and a Gmail Account.
    You can obviously go to those accounts using the Webmail interface to see the contacts in those.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Data lost on Win 10 people app

1. Data lost on Win 10 people app - Similar Threads - Data lost app

2. WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE: I've been using the PHOTOS App, specifically the PEOPLE segment to identify family member groups of digital photos, and just in case others have struggled with the following topic, I thought I would post my most recent observations:To date, I have not discovered a way of...
  3. WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE: I've been using the PHOTOS App, specifically the PEOPLE segment to identify family member groups of digital photos, and just in case others have struggled with the following topic, I thought I would post my most recent observations:To date, I have not discovered a way of...
  4. Issues syncing Win 10 People app with iCloud

Issues syncing Win 10 People app with iCloud: I have successfully added my iCloud account to the People app using an app-specific password and it claims to be syncing OK...however there are simply no contacts appearing in the People App at all! In the account sync setting I have enabled Contacts and Calendar syncs and my...
  5. All data lost after WIN 10 update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All data lost after WIN 10 update?: An hour before, my computer underwent an automatic update. After update, I could not login in. Then I re-boot and then I could log in. Unfortunately, I found all data in the Document lost. I browsed the computer files and found the data were in another “Document” so...
  6. Lost app data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost app data: After upgrade to Windows 10 1903 I have lost app profiles and app data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-app-data/e4570ea8-5c9f-4dbc-acf3-977a6125e183
  7. Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App

Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App: Hi all, I have recently switched to Win 10 Mail, once you understand how it works it is not too bad, but it is a steep learning curve if you are used to Windows Live Mail. I had two Microsoft Mail accounts, Live.com and Outlook.com, both with different contact lists. To...
  8. Forza Horizon 3 Data lost (WIN 10)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 3 Data lost (WIN 10): Hello, i had a problem with my data games in Forza horizon 3. In a few months ago (before than i had this problem) i've tried to install my game into another Computer than my main. When i did it i have noticed that i didn't have my correct save, let me explain... Before...
  9. Window 10 Peoples app, lost all contacts.

Window 10 Peoples app, lost all contacts.: I have lost all my contact information for Peoples , Mail apps. Is there a way to retrieve a back-up copy of the contact information? thanks...
  10. People App's Data File Location

People App's Data File Location: Where does the People App keep its data? I make frequent changes and updates and would like to make a copy after each change. I lost all the names after a KBCI error and had to restore Windows from a day old Macrium backup. I sure would have been easier to just drag and drop...