Windows 10: Data protection (Security & privacy) in Windows 10 (Home version).

Discus and support Data protection (Security & privacy) in Windows 10 (Home version). in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Sir or Madam, I have a question regarding the data protection in Windows 10 (Home Version). If my new laptop (Windows 10 Home Version) "was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MapleLeafsGarden, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Data protection (Security & privacy) in Windows 10 (Home version).

Hello Sir or Madam,

I have a question regarding the data protection in Windows 10 (Home Version). If my new laptop (Windows 10 Home Version) "was setup initially" with a login account and a strong password, can someone access my data files under my profile if my laptop with was stolen? Is there any data protection (security & privacy) function in Windows 10 Home version which can protect our data files?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

:)

MapleLeafsGarden, Jul 30, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Jism Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Come'on. Even tho it offers a privacy setting, it's still not good enough.

There's a very good article on What data Windows 10 sends to Microsoft and how to stop it – HackMag what explains what your W10 OS is doing on the background and what type of data it is sending.

Making a privacy setting still submits the very basic tracking data to various servers, and no-one actually knows what is happening with that.

Windows 7 never had any privacy killing features aboard, untill they pushed an update to even computers with automatic updated turned off, offering the same type of stuff.

People need to be aware that this is just a 'small' step into a future where privacy is just no more. This privacy will be gone the more the masses keep signing up to services in exchange for their data. W10, Google, Facebook, they are all a perfectly good example of company's who became too big.

Remove telemetry updates for Windows 7 and 8.1

Some good stuff.

4. Ahhzz Win User

Data protection (Security & privacy) in Windows 10 (Home version).

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Data protection (Security & privacy) in Windows 10 (Home version).

1. Data protection (Security & privacy) in Windows 10 (Home version). - Similar Threads - Data protection Security

2. Security and privacy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security and privacy: Can I go to this website '' https://account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device '' and lock my PC even when my PC is not connected to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-and-privacy/2dca6868-da50-44b8-ba85-b7f40e816bd3
  3. Twitter launching privacy center for more data protection clarity

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter launching privacy center for more data protection clarity: It’s so common to hear tech companies say: “Privacy is not a privilege; it is a fundamental right” that those words have become a cliche. People have become desensitized to hearing companies say, “we value your privacy,” and are worn out from being asked to accept privacy...
  4. Windows 10 Security and Privacy.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Security and Privacy.: My windows defender has stopped working and shows unexpected error plz guide me how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-security-and-privacy/bc6033ba-2f66-49f1-9c42-705112585e32"
  5. Privacy/Security

Privacy/Security: Why does my Microsoft account show the same devices twice and can I /should I delete 1? shows about 10 days difference between updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacysecurity/905ecd3b-a9b8-4c2a-bd13-fd6bf56d4d7c"
  6. privacy & security

privacy & security: one drive is set up. in windows security, message says set up one drive for ransomeware data recovery & it shows a yellow triangle. Nothing happens when I click set up one drive....
  7. Online security 101: How to protect your privacy

in Windows 10 News
    Online security 101: How to protect your privacy: "I have nothing to hide" was once the standard response to the occasional surveillance experience by way of cameras, border checks, or casual questioning by law enforcement. Privacy used to be considered generally balanced in many countries -- at least, in the West -- with a...
  8. PRIVACY NOT SECURE.

PRIVACY NOT SECURE.: I KEEP GETTING A MESSAGE THAT SAY'S "YOUR PRIVACY IS NOT SECURE"AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-not-secure/71529266-a234-495f-8db5-08043f9b3fe5"
  9. Protect Your Privacy

Protect Your Privacy: How to Fight Back Against Congresss Attack on FCC Privacy Rules TThis is merely an intro into keeping your ISP from gathering and selling your information. 80844
  10. Windows 10 Security & Privacy Discussion

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Security & Privacy Discussion: Over the last several days we've been bombarded with articles about how extensive Windows 10's collection of user data is. I've even had long discussions about it with friends, some who are on Windows and others who are on Mac. Of course my Mac friend said what I expected him...