Windows 10: data recovery after using diskpart clean

Discus and support data recovery after using diskpart clean in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My son has a Dell laptop/tablet, it originally came with Win8 installed but he upgraded to win 10. The latest windows updates caused the machine to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by henriksonj, Mar 15, 2017.

1. data recovery after using diskpart clean

My son has a Dell laptop/tablet, it originally came with Win8 installed but he upgraded to win 10. The latest windows updates caused the machine to get into a reboot cycle and he was unable to roll it back when trying to restore to an earlier point (he said it gave him a write protect error) Somehow he got into the command prompt on reboot and ended up running a 'diskpart clean' command.
    I would greatly appreciate any help in trying to recover the original partition or at least some of the files from it..

Many thanks.
    j.henrikson

:)

henriksonj, Mar 15, 2017

2. Removing Windows 7 from dual boot with Windows 10

Sigh, clearly you made a mistake while selecting the disk or partition and diskpart's
    clean wiped your drive, so naturally Startup Repair cannot help you now.

I hope as suggested above you got in touch with a professional who attempted data recovery, because I honestly don't think you should attempt tinkering with the system any more if you're not 100% adept at working with partitions.

RobertJWin, Mar 15, 2017
  3. Can't use all memory on SD card

Please back up your data and do the following: Open CMD admin prompt

1) run diskpart

2) Select your disk

3) clean all and exit

DISKPART> list disk

DISKPART> select disk 2 ( Disk 2 is an example here in my system. So, please select disk accordingly to prevent data loss)

DISKPART> clean all

DISKPART> exit

Now after performing above steps try to format as NTFS/exFAT for > 32 GB. Also, if there is an error please post back the error from disk part and share the screenshot of diskmgmt showing this SD card

PaddyA [MSFT], Mar 15, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

data recovery after using diskpart clean

Samuria, Mar 15, 2017
  5. Most of these videos seem to cover how to recover a partition on an external drive. My problem is that this laptop no longer has a bootable drive. I booted it with a windows 10 recovery usb stick and tried to run the 'diskpart' command but it would only recognize the usb volume.

thank you so much for your suggestions!!!

henriksonj, Mar 15, 2017
  6. Sorry not understanding, it's me. When you say you ran diskpart, did diskpart start and the "List disk" command showed no other disks?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 15, 2017
  7. Kyhi Win User
    download and boot my Rescue Disk (link in sig below)
    There are file and partition recovery tools present

Using the diskpart / clean command does not format or wipe the disk
    It just removes the recorded disk layout - which should be able to be recovered / rebuilt..

Kyhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

data recovery after using diskpart clean

1. data recovery after using diskpart clean - Similar Threads - data recovery using

2. Data recovery after diskpart clean command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data recovery after diskpart clean command: Hi Laptop: Asuspro 2520LJI encountered this error when reinstalling Windows 10: "the selected disk has an mbr partition table on efi systems windows can only be installed to gpt...". what did i do?shift+F10 = open command prompt Diskpart List disk result: I had two disks, one...
  3. Data recovery after diskpart clean command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data recovery after diskpart clean command: Hi Laptop: Asuspro 2520LJI encountered this error when reinstalling Windows 10: "the selected disk has an mbr partition table on efi systems windows can only be installed to gpt...". what did i do?shift+F10 = open command prompt Diskpart List disk result: I had two disks, one...
  4. Data recovery after diskpart clean command

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command: By Installing Windows 11 from Windows 10 , To Make Space for Windows 11I have Entered the Command Diskpart Clean and Then convert the Diskpart to mbrAfter Installing Windows 11, I noticed That There was Only Local Disk C Which is Formatted or Cleared and Other Local Disks...
  6. Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command

Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command: By Installing Windows 11 from Windows 10 , To Make Space for Windows 11I have Entered the Command Diskpart Clean and Then convert the Diskpart to mbrAfter Installing Windows 11, I noticed That There was Only Local Disk C Which is Formatted or Cleared and Other Local Disks...
  7. Data recovery after diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data recovery after diskpart clean: Hi,So today i wanted to upgrade to windows 11, but the problem with GPT and MBR caused me to run Command, on the Command i run diskpart, there i accidentally cleaned the disk 0 which contained drive C, D, and most important drive F where i saved all my data. Now i have no...
  8. Data recovery after diskpart clean

Data recovery after diskpart clean: Hi,So today i wanted to upgrade to windows 11, but the problem with GPT and MBR caused me to run Command, on the Command i run diskpart, there i accidentally cleaned the disk 0 which contained drive C, D, and most important drive F where i saved all my data. Now i have no...
  9. Data recovery after diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Data recovery after Diskpart Clean

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data recovery after Diskpart Clean: my PC information: OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200416153044.000000+300 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 4 Total Physical RAM: 4 GB Graphics Card: IntelR HD Graphics...